Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 7, 2012, 10:21 MisterBenn

Yeah I whitelist here too. It strikes me as a good, honest business - Blue is very good at crediting his references, is very neutral in the style of reporting and covers a lot of material. It seems unfair to deprive the site of ad revenue. Also it boasts a community that frequently goes several posts running without foaming at the mouth! Setting it apart from the majority of the internet...  

Playing: Path of Exile, Age of Wonders III
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 7, 2012, 06:22 Ant

eunichron wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 16:24:
Every time I see an article complaining about ads on the internet I wonder how these bloggers have never heard of Adblock or editing the hosts file. I haven't seen an ad on the internet in ~8 years. What, are they still using IE6?

At least, not on websites that I don't care about supporting. I show (most) of Blue's ads.
Bah to all ads ANYWHERE. I need an an adblocker in my brain. Wait, I don't have one.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 7, 2012, 04:02 Prez

Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 14:54:
I'm not getting that many ads either, but on an unfiltered browser, I have to admit it's pretty fucking embarrassing just how many ads there are...

Creston

Yep. I want to support webmasters like Blue who provide me with great sites to browse at no cost to myself, but jeez, the many of the ads are downright outrageous in their intrusiveness and annoyance.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 6, 2012, 16:24 eunichron

Every time I see an article complaining about ads on the internet I wonder how these bloggers have never heard of Adblock or editing the hosts file. I haven't seen an ad on the internet in ~8 years. What, are they still using IE6?

At least, not on websites that I don't care about supporting. I show (most) of Blue's ads.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 6, 2012, 14:54 Creston

I'm not getting that many ads either, but on an unfiltered browser, I have to admit it's pretty fucking embarrassing just how many ads there are...

Creston

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 6, 2012, 10:35 eRe4s3r

I have no ads in google search.. blog author might want to learn how to use adblock if it bothers him

Also, might want to learn how to calculate image space percentages. Search is 40% , the rest of the page is not actually PART of the search function.

Basically, this is why I don't read blogs

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo