Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
12. Re: etc., etc. Sep 6, 2012, 05:18 Prez

PropheT wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 03:02:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 22:31:
Yeah it happens everywhere. Though to be honest, in a down turn economy, there's no such thing as normal. Every company will push what they couldn't get away with 5-6 years before hand because there is a glut of employees out there who will take the job if you quit.

My place of employment cut jobs because of the downturn when it first started (amid profits and expected growth I might add). Then they realized that they could just work us harder with less staff and make/save more money that way, and hey, people aren't going to quit when jobs are scarce, right? So basically, for the last three years they've been making more money by working less of us harder.

Same thing where my brother works, same thing where my dad works, all different industries. The companies are doing great by not hiring, and they're retaining workers because nobody wants to leave when there isn't any guarantee of where to go.

Long story short, I've never worked in a shittier environment than this business model creates for employees. Even the people who don't complain about their job hate coming in every day when it's like this, and even the most gung-ho yes men hate their bosses because of it.

It sounds like you could work where I work. Which again proves it's harder than ever to find an employer that doesn't treat the employee badly. Hence, people stay where they are.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 5, 21:24 Re: etc., etc. Cutter
  2. Sep 5, 21:30  Re: etc., etc. Burrito of Peace
  3. Sep 5, 21:46   Re: etc., etc. jdreyer
  6. Sep 5, 22:31    Re: etc., etc. Mashiki Amiketo
  9. Sep 5, 22:43     Re: etc., etc. Sepharo
  10. Sep 5, 23:20      Re: etc., etc. Mashiki Amiketo
  11. Sep 6, 03:02     Re: etc., etc. PropheT
>> 12. Sep 6, 05:18      Re: etc., etc. Prez
  13. Sep 6, 07:08       Re: etc., etc. ASeven
  4. Sep 5, 21:47  Re: etc., etc. Prez