Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
5. Re: etc., etc. Sep 5, 2012, 21:57 Kitkoan

Prez wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 21:47:
It never ceases to amaze me why people continue to work in gaming with how shabbily they're treated.

That used to be my reaction to why employees who were very obviously disgruntled and unhappy with their current employer in all types of business. Then I came to realize that often these disgruntled workers have worked other places that treated them just as badly. By changing jobs they just switched out one set of assholes for a fresh batch. In short, that disgruntled guy or gal at work who always complains about the job but never quits has probably decided that as much as it sucks working where they are switching jobs is just an exercise in futility.

I think that when you work for enough crappy employers you begin to think that all jobs are the same - that they all treat their employees like shit, and thus decide to just suck it up and stay where you are. The real shame is that more and more, these people seem to be right - the list of employers that genuinely try to do right by their workers seems to get shorter every year.

Its because it costs money to make an employee happy, and businesses keep trying to find more ways to save money. I see it in my job and others, its not what you know its who's ass you kiss and how many others you can keep down that threaten your raising through the ranks.

I've worked for good bosses and horrible bosses. Companies with good bosses are small businesses that can have future issues with growth and possible existence, asshole businesses are the ones who succeed because they promote cut-throat people who have no morals and they use it to their advantages against their employees cost-benefit ratio and how to go against competition.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 5, 21:24 Re: etc., etc. Cutter
  2. Sep 5, 21:30  Re: etc., etc. Burrito of Peace
  3. Sep 5, 21:46   Re: etc., etc. jdreyer
  6. Sep 5, 22:31    Re: etc., etc. Mashiki Amiketo
  9. Sep 5, 22:43     Re: etc., etc. Sepharo
  10. Sep 5, 23:20      Re: etc., etc. Mashiki Amiketo
  11. Sep 6, 03:02     Re: etc., etc. PropheT
  12. Sep 6, 05:18      Re: etc., etc. Prez
  13. Sep 6, 07:08       Re: etc., etc. ASeven