Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Juarez Tease

The Call of Juarez Facebook Page has a teaser image with tomorrow's date, suggesting we should check back for some sort of announcement related to Techland's western shooter franchise. It looks like this may involve a return to the past, but this is not clear. Presumably we'll know soon enough. Thanks VG247.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Call of Juarez 2 is a great game. Sep 6, 2012, 04:16 Jerykk

Wild West RPG. I demand it. I love the setting but the CoJ games are just too linear and scripted. I want to be able to explore the frontier, robbing banks and carriages or catching bounties. If I become notorious enough, I want bounty hunters to come after me. Also, I want to be able to form gangs and posses.

Call of Duty: Old West Warfare just doesn't cut it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Call of Juarez 2 is a great game. Sep 5, 2012, 18:40 hb3d

Hump wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 17:23:
It's quite linear but the story is immersive with the gameplay to match.
It's not all linear. There are substantial sections that are sandbox-style where you can go on optional missions to earn some cash to buy better guns and ammo.

You can also play as either McCall brother on missions which keeps the game from being so linear as well. And, being linear is not a bad thing when you have a good story with interesting, well-acted characters moving the gameplay/action along to a satisfying conclusion.

I enjoyed the hell out of CoJ2. It suffers a little from "Call of Duty-itis", but it's still one of the best story-driven FPS games I have played especially for the price since I bought it for $2.50 thanks to Amazon game downloads.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2012, 19:36.

4. Re: Call of Juarez Tease Sep 5, 2012, 17:23 Hump

jimnms wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 14:57:
I still need to play the 2nd CoJ. I bought it on one of those flat round things a while back for about $5, but haven't installed it yet.

It's quite linear but the story is immersive with the gameplay to match.

Given Techland's competence up until CoJ2 Im surprised they released such a piece of shit for the 3rd game of the series.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

3. Re: Call of Juarez Tease Sep 5, 2012, 14:57 jimnms

I still need to play the 2nd CoJ. I bought it on one of those flat round things a while back for about $5, but haven't installed it yet.  

Steam Profile

2. Re: Call of Juarez Tease Sep 5, 2012, 14:46 CJ_Parker

Both Western CoJ games with that crazy mofo (Reverend) Ray McCall were fuckin' awesome. A return to that setting with similarly interesting characters would be most welcome.

1. Re: Call of Juarez Tease Sep 5, 2012, 14:24 PHJF

I think the world is ready for an outer space western. You know, oppressive empires, strange, mutated, feral packs of pseudo humans, psionically-charged sub characters... they could make a charismatic captain, a goofball pilot, a tomboyish mechanic, a stern lieutenant... maybe throw in a doctor and preacher everybody hates.

Oh, and Jayne.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo