Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades

The Natural Selection 2 Website announces that preorders are now underway on Steam, and that Unknown Worlds' action/strategy sequel is to be released next month, though they have not nailed down the exact date yet (thanks Joao). They outline the choice between the Standard and Deluxe editions, though between now and the game's release the only version being sold is the Deluxe edition at the Standard edition price. They have been accepting preorders on their website for some time now, and explain that anyone who took advantage of this prior to today will be getting a free upgrade to the Deluxe edition as well as a second copy of the Standard edition to give to a friend. Here's what the Deluxe edition includes besides the game itself:

• NS2 Official Soundtrack (almost 1 hour of music)
  • Digital Art Book (40 pages)
  • Exclusive wallpapers and avatars
  • Exclusive new in-game marine armor

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 6, 2012, 07:06 ASeven

Sepharo wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 21:48:
|oR|jonvall wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 21:46:
ASeven wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 19:42:

There's been some changes, the Guardian is now the Fade which teleports all over the place but most everyone agrees that it is a very faithful sequel to the mod. They added the Exo-suit last week and that marked the late beta entry for the game.

Ugh, you are right. I was thinking the Fade and wrote guardian instead.

What the hell was the Guardian? I played NS1 and never heard of the Guardian...NS1 had Fades.

Yeah I played a lot of NS1 as well and I'm not remembering a Guardian. Gorge, Lerk, Flying thing (was that Guardian?), Fade, Onos.

edit: Ah Lerk was the flying thing, Skulk was the default, fast, wall-climbing one.

Not seeing a Guardian: http://naturalselection.wikia.com/wiki/Kharaa_(Natural_Selection)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 6, 2012, 06:42 J

Turns out I had a crossed wire. It's taken me a while to figure out what I was thinking of: Gloom.

When I think of aliens vs humans as a mod I put so many hours into Gloom that it must have taken precedent in my mind. Loved that mod.

12. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 21:48 Sepharo

|oR|jonvall wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 21:46:

There's been some changes, the Guardian is now the Fade which teleports all over the place but most everyone agrees that it is a very faithful sequel to the mod. They added the Exo-suit last week and that marked the late beta entry for the game.

What the hell was the Guardian? I played NS1 and never heard of the Guardian...NS1 had Fades.

Yeah I played a lot of NS1 as well and I'm not remembering a Guardian. Gorge, Lerk, Flying thing (was that Guardian?), Fade, Onos.

edit: Ah Lerk was the flying thing, Skulk was the default, fast, wall-climbing one.

Not seeing a Guardian: http://naturalselection.wikia.com/wiki/Kharaa_(Natural_Selection)

11. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 21:46 |oR|jonvall

10. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 19:42 ASeven

Fibrocyte wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 19:34:
ASeven wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 19:18:
Fibrocyte wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 18:08:
ASeven wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 16:08:
One of those rare true PC games through and through. Anyone who loves class-based MP games will love this game instantly. Nice to see the pre-order climbing the Steam charts as well.

How do you know this? I played NS1 and it was awesome, but that was *10 years ago* and it was a mod. This is a full on game and I've seen several sequels completely flop.

I'm genuinely asking how you know ppl will love this - have you played the beta or something?

Yes, been playing the alpha/beta for a couple of years now. It is a great, awesome game with a strong community already. It's the kind of game you don't see anymore, something quite innovative.

Very cool - thanks for the responses. If it is anything like NS1 then I'm going to love it.

Also, the aliens have a commander now too though its role is different from the marines commander role.

9. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 19:34 Fibrocyte

ASeven wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 19:18:
One of those rare true PC games through and through. Anyone who loves class-based MP games will love this game instantly. Nice to see the pre-order climbing the Steam charts as well.

How do you know this? I played NS1 and it was awesome, but that was *10 years ago* and it was a mod. This is a full on game and I've seen several sequels completely flop.

I'm genuinely asking how you know ppl will love this - have you played the beta or something?

Yes, been playing the alpha/beta for a couple of years now. It is a great, awesome game with a strong community already. It's the kind of game you don't see anymore, something quite innovative.

Very cool - thanks for the responses. If it is anything like NS1 then I'm going to love it.

8. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 19:18 ASeven

7. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 18:30 theyarecomingforyou

Anybody who pre-ordered it got access to the alpha/beta. It was a limited time offer and I think it was well over a year ago but it's been playable on Steam ever since.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

6. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 18:08 Fibrocyte

5. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 17:34 theyarecomingforyou

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 15:06:
Woohoo! I actually pre-ordered this years ago, but ended up not really ever playing in the alpha or beta... I'm definitely looking forward to the final release, though, as well as all the mods that are sure to come in droves with this completely open-source custom engine they made.
Same. The alpha/beta period was pretty buggy and I had plenty of issues with it, though last I played it things had settled down a bit. I'll probably start playing it properly when it's released officially.

Is there any difference between now and release in terms of content? It doesn't have a singleplayer component but are there going to be more levels added in the final version? I haven't been keeping up. Oh, and I'm loving that I get an extra copy as a bonus.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 16:08 ASeven

3. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 15:06 jacobvandy

Woohoo! I actually pre-ordered this years ago, but ended up not really ever playing in the alpha or beta... I'm definitely looking forward to the final release, though, as well as all the mods that are sure to come in droves with this completely open-source custom engine they made.  

2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 12:38 J

My favourite in the original NS was the Guardian as I loved ambushing the marines. The fade seems to be the new equivalent, I'm just wondering whether it can conceal itself whilst stationary or whether it's more of a teleportation effect?  

1. Re: Natural Selection 2 Steam Preorders & Free Upgrades Sep 5, 2012, 12:12 TychoCelchuuu

This is super duper awesome.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo