Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Steam Community Launches

Valve announces the launch of a new update to the Steam community, saying this is "focused on finding and sharing the best community content." The new Steam Community Page is home to all this, and this page offers an overview on all this.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: New Steam Community Launches Sep 5, 2012, 05:27 Muscular Beaver

So when Steam was released it was extremely slow on loading and logging on. It was really horrible and many complained about that.
Then a few years ago it got much better. It loaded almost instantly.
But now its almost back to when it was released. It takes so long... its not funny anymore.
Who the hell needs all these features anyway? It has become pure bloatware...

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: New Steam Community Launches Sep 4, 2012, 22:19 theyarecomingforyou

Sepharo wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 19:49:
It depends on when you started of course, but I don't think it's really all that accurate to say Steam was fast when it first came out. It was a slow hog at the beginning.
Exactly. More importantly, this has no impact upon your game library; the community features are entirely optional and I like them. The biggest criticism is how slow it is to load the content, which isn't helped when all the assets of a page are reloaded when browsing to new content - it's just not very efficient.

Greenlight is good but when you rate over 500 games the list goes blank and it says you've rated them all. A lot of people have been complaining about it. But I'm glad they've added a fee for game submissions - it will dramatically reduce the number of fraudulent entries and ultra low budget titles that had zero chance of being approved anyway.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

5. Re: New Steam Community Launches Sep 4, 2012, 19:49 Sepharo

deqer wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 16:49:
Part of the reason why I supported Steam when it first came out was because it was fast; it was solid+simple, thus fast.

It depends on when you started of course, but I don't think it's really all that accurate to say Steam was fast when it first came out. It was a slow hog at the beginning.

4. Re: New Steam Community Launches Sep 4, 2012, 16:49 deqer

Part of the reason why I supported Steam when it first came out was because it was fast; it was solid+simple, thus fast.

Why did they feel the need to change this? Why was it necessary?

Getting tired of "change" that's pointless.

3. Re: New Steam Community Launches Sep 4, 2012, 15:36 ASeven

Am I the only one not getting activity from groups despite my settings being correct to receive group announcements?  

2. Re: New Steam Community Launches Sep 4, 2012, 14:55 Techie714

I love the new layout & features. BUT it is pretty slow & needs some fine tuning.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: New Steam Community Launches Sep 4, 2012, 14:52 Verno

Ugh, it's a mess and takes too long to load due to all of the syndicated content from other sources. Once you drill down a bit its not so bad but I just don't care for the layout at all.

Most popular Dota 2 content this week, two massive boxes with screenshots of dudes asking for beta keys, LOL.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo