Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month

Gearbox Software revealed at PAX plans to release the planned Mechromancer DLC for Borderlands 2 on October 16th, adding the promised 5th class to the RPG/shooter, reports Kotaku. It was recently announced that a season pass will provide access to four DLC packs for the game, and Gearbox tweets a follow-up clarifying that the Mechromancer pack is separate from this: "No, Season Pass does not include Mechromancer -- she'll be available separately for those that don't get her free with pre-order."

View
78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

78. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 8, 2012, 02:35 nin

Guess I missed out

Doubt it!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

77. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 7, 2012, 13:11 xXBatmanXx

Wow. Guess I missed out - just watched the thread for the first day and missed all of this nonsense....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

76. removed Sep 6, 2012, 20:21 Flatline

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 6, 2012, 20:39.

75. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 5, 2012, 15:39 RailWizard

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beamer&defid=5509702

Rabble Rabble...

74. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 5, 2012, 15:36 Beamer

RailWizard wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 15:19:
Beamer wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 15:13:

Oh my god you have no brain cells at all. Posting "Hollywood Accounting" as proof that movies don't cost millions?.

Did I say that? No. You said that. I will no longer respond to you as you just don't get it. So fuck off.

Why in the world would you post that and then act as if my statement is faulty if not using it as proof?

I'm just going to drop this here, unrelated to anything:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schitzophrenia

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

73. removed Sep 5, 2012, 15:19 RailWizard

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 5, 2012, 15:50.

72. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 5, 2012, 15:13 Beamer

RailWizard wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 15:03:
Beamer wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 07:53:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 20:04:
Beamer wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 15:07:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:57:
**This applies to the movie and music industries as well. That fact that an "industry" is even needed for such thing is a topic for another discussion.

Yeah, because $200MM movies like The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers can just be kickstarted and done by some hobbyist.

I can only comment on what I know regarding this, which is Music, and seeing as this whole witch-hunt over copyright bullshit was started by the music "industry", I felt it was relevant.

Music is cheap as fuck to create. I know because I did it for several years. I was in a band that played in many public venues and we had no need of any "industry". Had we kept at it and built up our 'bank', we could've afforded to do many 'fancy' things I would guess. I don't see why this can't translate to the other 2 industries. If you disagree, then don't forget explain the 'mod scene' and how your precious 'industry' has destroyed it. Same goes for the movie industry. Hello Blair witch?

Live within your means and you will eventually be able to do great things. Assuming you are worth a shit that is....That is my entire point right there.

Of course music is cheap as fuck to create. Duh. I've said it here a billion times - you just need 4 dudes and a laptop. You can distribute it, too. Artists always made their cash on touring, so free music makes that easier. Music publishers are basically on life support. They'll never go anywhere, as giant bands will always need someone promoting their arena tours, but for good bands things have only improved.

So how do you know music is cheap as fuck to create? You have an IQ above 50. Of course, this is only certain music, but it covers at least 90% of music and like 99% of what people listen to.

Why can't it translate into other industries? BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING EXPENSIVE! Have you ever seen the credits of a movie? They're enormous. Movies cost millions, no way around it. What, you think we can just put Tom Cruise on the Burj Dubai for a few grand?

As for games, it's the same. It takes tens to hundreds of thousands of man-hours for a good 3D game with any kind of depth and length. Someone needs to finance that, or people need to work for free. Neither will happen. Why do you think so many devs are flocking to iOS? It's cheap. The games also suck, eh?

You throw out Blair Witch. For one, that movie absolutely blew. For another, while it may have been cheap to make it had one of the most expensive marketing campaigns for a horror movie. Ever. If I recall it was over $20MM. Which certainly led to its success. Who is going to pay that expense in your little dream world?

This is yet another Blues meltdown in process?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

Yeah, movies are even more expensive than a parasite like you would even have the privilege to know. Allegedly...

I'm sure similar shit goes on in game studios too. They gotta pay for all the toys they think they deserve after all.

Oh my god you have no brain cells at all. Posting "Hollywood Accounting" as proof that movies don't cost millions?
All that article proves is that Hollywood does creative accounting, which, again, is common knowledge. It does not disprove that movies are expensive. Jesus, between the amount of people involved, the cost of the equipment, the cost of shutting down public places, any costs for anything wrecked in an action sequence, and the cost of moving all of this to many locations, you have millions of dollars.

Anyone with a basic shred of logic ability could figure this out. Which, frankly, explains why you can't.

-------------

71. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 5, 2012, 15:03 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 07:53:
**This applies to the movie and music industries as well. That fact that an "industry" is even needed for such thing is a topic for another discussion.

Yeah, because $200MM movies like The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers can just be kickstarted and done by some hobbyist.

I can only comment on what I know regarding this, which is Music, and seeing as this whole witch-hunt over copyright bullshit was started by the music "industry", I felt it was relevant.

Music is cheap as fuck to create. I know because I did it for several years. I was in a band that played in many public venues and we had no need of any "industry". Had we kept at it and built up our 'bank', we could've afforded to do many 'fancy' things I would guess. I don't see why this can't translate to the other 2 industries. If you disagree, then don't forget explain the 'mod scene' and how your precious 'industry' has destroyed it. Same goes for the movie industry. Hello Blair witch?

Live within your means and you will eventually be able to do great things. Assuming you are worth a shit that is....That is my entire point right there.

Of course music is cheap as fuck to create. Duh. I've said it here a billion times - you just need 4 dudes and a laptop. You can distribute it, too. Artists always made their cash on touring, so free music makes that easier. Music publishers are basically on life support. They'll never go anywhere, as giant bands will always need someone promoting their arena tours, but for good bands things have only improved.

So how do you know music is cheap as fuck to create? You have an IQ above 50. Of course, this is only certain music, but it covers at least 90% of music and like 99% of what people listen to.

Why can't it translate into other industries? BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING EXPENSIVE! Have you ever seen the credits of a movie? They're enormous. Movies cost millions, no way around it. What, you think we can just put Tom Cruise on the Burj Dubai for a few grand?

As for games, it's the same. It takes tens to hundreds of thousands of man-hours for a good 3D game with any kind of depth and length. Someone needs to finance that, or people need to work for free. Neither will happen. Why do you think so many devs are flocking to iOS? It's cheap. The games also suck, eh?

You throw out Blair Witch. For one, that movie absolutely blew. For another, while it may have been cheap to make it had one of the most expensive marketing campaigns for a horror movie. Ever. If I recall it was over $20MM. Which certainly led to its success. Who is going to pay that expense in your little dream world?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

Yeah, movies are even more expensive than a parasite like you would even have the privilege to know. Allegedly...

I'm sure similar shit goes on in game studios too. They gotta pay for all the toys they think they deserve after all.

70. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 5, 2012, 14:57 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 07:55:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 00:25:
Bhruic wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 22:47:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 20:48:
No You! I will drop a single name that will shut you up. Robinhood.

If illegally downloading software is helping you feed starving families, then by all means, continue. On the slightly more believable chance that illegally downloading software is just letting you play stuff for free, Robin Hood you aren't.

The fact is, for me to say I would pirate this game is actually a compliment. Why? Because I feel it's worth that much.

So, when you pirate a game you pay nothing for it, because you feel it's worth "that much" [nothing], and this is a compliment?

Or do you mean "that much" because piracy is some huge hurdle for you, a hurdle apparently worth less than $40-$60?

Piracy is not free moron. It costs time, bandwidth and media space.

69. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 5, 2012, 14:54 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 09:29:
InBlack wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 08:26:
Is that person a thief, a loyal customer or somewhere in between???

Because thats what I did with Doom.

A rarity. Most people will not buy the game they pirate, with the exception of buying it months/years later at a fraction of the price via a Steam sale.

I've said dozens of times that I believe the biggest pirates (in the West) are likely also the ones putting the biggest proportion of their earnings into video games. But they're rarely putting it into the same games. They'll buy the big new hit that they need immediately but pirate the smaller game. Which ends up being bad, anyway, as it's that smaller game that needs the sales, not the big hit.

Pure conjecture from an obviously biased shill. You may as well roll your face on the keyboard as it will produce similar results.

68. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 5, 2012, 09:29 Beamer

InBlack wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 08:26:

Because thats what I did with Doom.

A rarity. Most people will not buy the game they pirate, with the exception of buying it months/years later at a fraction of the price via a Steam sale.

I've said dozens of times that I believe the biggest pirates (in the West) are likely also the ones putting the biggest proportion of their earnings into video games. But they're rarely putting it into the same games. They'll buy the big new hit that they need immediately but pirate the smaller game. Which ends up being bad, anyway, as it's that smaller game that needs the sales, not the big hit.

-------------

67. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 5, 2012, 08:26 InBlack

Railwizard (who will pirate the game out of protest) aside, what do you call someone who has no clue about a given game, pirates it, plays it, likes it so much that he decides to buy it to support the developer and obviously to have access to DRM restricted stuff like multiplayer, extra DLC or whatever and then keeps on buying games from that developer???

Because thats what I did with Doom. I pirated Doom. There I said it. I was a kid who had no money and this kid at school gave me 6 floppy discs and I pirated it, even though the warning said that "I would go to hell". I liked the game so much that I bought pretty much everything from iD software from then on. (Up to and including Doom3)

Same shit goes for Blizzard. I pirated Warcraft. I was first in line to buy Warcraft2 when it came out....I bought every single game from that company, apart from the expansion packs for WoW.

The list goes on. I dont pirate anymore, because frankly I dont have the time or the inclination to try unfamiliar games and most of the time I know well in advance which games will pique my interest and I either buy those at launch or shortly afterwards, or I skip them when I read a few comments on Blues.

Let the stoning begin but if it werent for the file-sharing warez community I would probably never have taken up this hobby...

I have a nifty blue line!

66. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 5, 2012, 07:55 Beamer

RailWizard wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 00:25:

If illegally downloading software is helping you feed starving families, then by all means, continue. On the slightly more believable chance that illegally downloading software is just letting you play stuff for free, Robin Hood you aren't.

The fact is, for me to say I would pirate this game is actually a compliment. Why? Because I feel it's worth that much.

So, when you pirate a game you pay nothing for it, because you feel it's worth "that much" [nothing], and this is a compliment?

Or do you mean "that much" because piracy is some huge hurdle for you, a hurdle apparently worth less than $40-$60?

-------------

65. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 5, 2012, 07:53 Beamer

-------------

64. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 5, 2012, 07:17 Dades

Stop feeding the troll people, he's obviously some little attention whoring kid. The comparison of stealing software to robin hood should have been a dead give away that he was completely clueless.  

63. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 5, 2012, 00:25 RailWizard

Way to be pedantic about the whole thing. If you've paid any attention to my posts, for me piracy is a rare thing these days. Most games that interest me have multiplayer, and since you need a legit copy for that, I buy just like everyone else. Before anyone says it, that is not the only reason, I also DO like to support those that deserve it in my mind.

The fact is, for me to say I would pirate this game is actually a compliment. Why? Because I feel it's worth that much. It could be a lot worse, for example Ubisoft's portfolio....of which I would not even waste my bandwidth or blank media on. It's that bad IMO. When this game reaches a price I am comfortable with, I will very likely pay the money. The $5 price I mentioned was not written in stone.

62. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 5, 2012, 00:18 RailWizard

DarkCntry wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 22:06:

I was actually told at one job interview that that is what my name means. lol Go figure...no I didn't get the job.

What does Robin Hood have to do with anything? The premise behind the fictional character is that he stole from the rich (profiting from the misgivings towards to poor) and gave to the poor (returning what was originally theirs and obtained in a manner deemed 'illegal'.

How is it in any way Robin Hood-esque to pirate a piece of software to use? Software (especially in this context) is a luxury good not intrinsic to a required form of living. The software wasn't obtained by the developers at the detriment of the 'common folk' either.

The Powers of that time would've spewed the same shit you are, so excuse me if I don't retract....

61. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 23:51 fujiJuice

finga wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 15:42:
Oh. You meant post-release DLCs. I thought you were talking about the game itself. Problem with them announcing them now is that people start thinking that the DLC is already complete and that it's being purposefully withheld for money-grabbing purposes. I don't blame them for keeping their mouth shut, but they probably should have also stayed quiet on the season pass until after release.

I also do think that anyone who buys the season pass but didn't get the Mechromancer as a pre-order bonus should just be given that as well, but I guess that's not going to happen.

Yeah you are right, good call.

60. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 23:25 Jerykk

What if you download pirated games, burn them to disc and then give them to poor people who then sell them on the street to help feed blind children with cancer?

59. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 22:47 Bhruic

78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo