Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month

Gearbox Software revealed at PAX plans to release the planned Mechromancer DLC for Borderlands 2 on October 16th, adding the promised 5th class to the RPG/shooter, reports Kotaku. It was recently announced that a season pass will provide access to four DLC packs for the game, and Gearbox tweets a follow-up clarifying that the Mechromancer pack is separate from this: "No, Season Pass does not include Mechromancer -- she'll be available separately for those that don't get her free with pre-order."

View
78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

38. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 15:47 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 13:36:

I got my copy for free when I bought the GTX660ti from Nvidia. They don't appear to consider that a proper "pre-order." Even though my Steam says "Borderlands 2 Pre-Order."

Eh, you never know, esp since it says "preorder". Was that nivdia's answer or Gearbox's?

Nvidia's. I can't get a straight answer out of Gearbox one way or the other. But Nvidia says they have no DLC keys or anything, just the game unlock keys for Steam.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 15:46 finga

RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:14:
Also remember that 'gearbox' was the punchline to the longest running internet joke ever called 'DNF' which everyone seems to have forgiven them for.
Mostly because they had a good enough pedigree of making entertaining games before that. Anyone who expected that thirteen-year-clusterfuck of a mess to come out squeaky clean and amazing after only a year in Gearbox's hands was just delusional.

Gearbox makes good games, not miracles, even if Randy Pitchford seems to disagree on that last point.

36. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 15:46 Creston

Beamer wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 15:11:
Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 11:05:
Looks like I won't get the Mechromancer for free, as technically I didn't pre-order. Not a big deal, since the class looks kinda dumb to me anyway, but I wonder if NOT having it will prohibit playing with people who DO have it?

I don't believe you'll miss out on it. Like I said, it's likely in every single first shipment. Day One DLC is typically like this, as it's just cheaper to put it in all of your initial batch then to figure out exactly how many units will be preordered. I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 months after launch but still got the standard preorder bonuses because it was a first shipment copy.

I'm not sure if that's true for digital copies, since it can be managed, but I'd guarantee it is for the consoles. It was announced as "Day One DLC," which means it's available to all who buy Day One, so it's in all of the initial shipment (I'd guess 3-5MM for this game.) I'd also be less certain about free, bundled copies.

But I wouldn't count yourself out yet.

Yeah, you might be right; it's possible Steam will still get me a DLC code upon release. I'm not too worried about it either way. Like I said, the Mechromancer looks kinda weird anyway, and the whole "girlfriend mode" thing (purely from a gameplay perspective) really doesn't make me go "OMG MUST HAVE!!!"

Creston

35. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 15:42 finga

fujiJuice wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 11:50:
Please be so kind as to link me the articles/videos which give me an idea of what dlcs are included in the season pass.
Oh. You meant post-release DLCs. I thought you were talking about the game itself. Problem with them announcing them now is that people start thinking that the DLC is already complete and that it's being purposefully withheld for money-grabbing purposes. I don't blame them for keeping their mouth shut, but they probably should have also stayed quiet on the season pass until after release.

I also do think that anyone who buys the season pass but didn't get the Mechromancer as a pre-order bonus should just be given that as well, but I guess that's not going to happen.

34. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 15:15 Beelzebud

Shit like this is why I don't mind waiting 1-2 years for a game like Borderlands, and then play it when its cheap. I'm not going to jump on the $100.00 for the full game bandwagon.  

33. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 15:11 Beamer

Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 11:05:
Looks like I won't get the Mechromancer for free, as technically I didn't pre-order. Not a big deal, since the class looks kinda dumb to me anyway, but I wonder if NOT having it will prohibit playing with people who DO have it?

I don't believe you'll miss out on it. Like I said, it's likely in every single first shipment. Day One DLC is typically like this, as it's just cheaper to put it in all of your initial batch then to figure out exactly how many units will be preordered. I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 months after launch but still got the standard preorder bonuses because it was a first shipment copy.

I'm not sure if that's true for digital copies, since it can be managed, but I'd guarantee it is for the consoles. It was announced as "Day One DLC," which means it's available to all who buy Day One, so it's in all of the initial shipment (I'd guess 3-5MM for this game.) I'd also be less certain about free, bundled copies.

But I wouldn't count yourself out yet.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

32. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 15:07 Beamer

RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:57:
**This applies to the movie and music industries as well. That fact that an "industry" is even needed for such thing is a topic for another discussion.

Yeah, because $200MM movies like The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers can just be kickstarted and done by some hobbyist.

-------------

31. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 15:04 Verno

This is that moment at the party where you realize you've had a bit too much to drink, said something more than a little off and everyone else is looking at you funny and edging away.

...eeeek Dizzy

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

30. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 14:57 RailWizard

SimplyMonk wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:32:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:27:
...then I'd be just like everyone else

Good to see how you've rationalized it by lying to yourself into thinking everyone is as short-sighted as you.

Oh well. Tragedy of the commons.

You are right, there are more with my viewpoint. It is unfair to them to say what I did.

As for being short-sighted, not a chance. I want the current 'industry' to die. It is riddled with cancer and corruption and deserves no less. Then to be reborn into something deserving of it's merits, with products that sell themselves with no backhanded schemes to force people into their way of thinking, which is "give us your money and STFU! YOU'RE NOT DOING IT FAST ENOUGH, GIVE US MORE AND FASTER! FASTER! OH and BTW, you are only RENTING OUR software, so treat it with the RESPECT WE DEMAND, OR ELSE!!".

If you are part of the industry and you do not speak out on this, then you deserve what's coming and every bit of venom.

**This applies to the movie and music industries as well. That fact that an "industry" is even needed for such thing is a topic for another discussion.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2012, 15:04.

29. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 14:32 SimplyMonk

RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:27:
...then I'd be just like everyone else

Good to see how you've rationalized it by lying to yourself into thinking everyone is as short-sighted as you.

Oh well. Tragedy of the commons.

28. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 14:27 RailWizard

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:19:
That's good because rude and disrespectful was the point.

There are many ways to express your scorn of the gaming industry or Gearbox software without bragging about pirating their games. It comes off as very immature, muddies legitimate discussion and is pretty much an indefensible position.

Well I could lie about it, but then I'd be just like everyone else, and I aspire to be better than that.

27. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 14:25 Beamer

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:19:

There are many ways to express your scorn of the gaming industry or Gearbox software without bragging about pirating their games. It comes off as very immature, muddies legitimate discussion and is pretty much an indefensible position.

But he said he eventually buys it... at pennies on the dollar relative to what it cost when he played it.

It's a common excuse that has thankfully died around here, but many people feel justified playing a game when it sells for $60 but not buying it until it's $5 or $10. "The developer still got my money." But not when you played it.

-------------

26. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 14:19 Verno

25. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 14:14 RailWizard

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:08:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:01:
That's ok because I don't see the point you're making when you use the word "steal".

also lol@*comment removed*

We have a lot of game developers and people who work in the industry here. Shamelessly bragging about committing piracy is really rude and disrespectful. There are a ton of warez forums and places to do that already.

That's good because rude and disrespectful was the point. I wouldn't call it bragging though. That's just silly. I can turn my TV off too if I don't like what I see, that doesn't mean I equate it with being a 'skill'.

Also remember that 'gearbox' was the punchline to the longest running internet joke ever called 'DNF' which everyone seems to have forgiven them for.

24. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 14:08 Verno

RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:01:
That's ok because I don't see the point you're making when you use the word "steal".

We have a lot of game developers and people who work in the industry here. Shamelessly bragging about committing piracy is really rude and disrespectful. There are a ton of warez forums and places to do that already.

23. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 14:01 RailWizard

Alamar wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 13:35:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 12:41:
NKD wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 12:23:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 12:07:
All is available on the good ship Piracy. I'll be taking that voyage until the inevitable GOTY edition hit's $5 on steam. Stuff that in your gearbox.

And this is the reason publishers perceive the PC market as a bunch of freeloaders.

Better to be a freeloader than a golddigger. If they want my money, they WILL treat me with more respect.

And while everyone "oooo's" and "ahhh's" at Skyrim being on the top ten steam sellers week after week, it also has remained on TPB top 100 for just as long. They are making their money and people are getting free stuff. Win=Win.

btw my steam library contains over 100 games and that's maybe half of my 'legit' library. I generally don't buy cheap indy crap either.

I don't see the point you're trying to make about having a 'legit' library after just stating you'll steal something, but throw a few pennies at them when it's dirt cheap...

-Alamar

22. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 13:42 Tumbler

I pre-ordered because they deserve my (discounted on GMG) money...

This. Ended up pre-ordering this game only because it was under $40. ($37.50) I technically pre-ordered it at $40 but GMG offered me a $2.50 credit on my next purchase when I asked them about the $37.50 price.

BL2 might be the only game I buy this holiday season and I still was ready to pass on it if it was more than $40.

That being said I'm DROWNING in game right now. The $60 boxed products we're used to seeing each year seem to be way easier to ignore with so many F2P games and lower priced alternatives.

Mechwarrior Online
Planetside 2
Torchlight 2
FTL
Star Command

Shit, I know there are tons more but this is all my feeble brain can handle for now. I'm sure I'll have a whole new list next week! Whoops, forget Gotham City Imposters is Free now! GAMMMEEZZZZ! GAMEZ EVARYWARE! FUCK YO SEAZON PASS BITCH!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

21. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 13:36 nin

Alamar wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 12:09:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 11:10:
What'd be the point of pre-ordering the game if it were included? Exactly, there'd be none.

I pre-ordered because they deserve my (discounted on GMG) money...

That's one of various reasons, surely more than none ; )

-Alamar

I seriously have problems saying no to new games under $40...wish they'd hurry up and discount dishonored. Even with yesterdays 25% off, it was still $45...as soon as it drops under $40 with a coupon, I'm in.

I got my copy for free when I bought the GTX660ti from Nvidia. They don't appear to consider that a proper "pre-order." Even though my Steam says "Borderlands 2 Pre-Order."

Eh, you never know, esp since it says "preorder". Was that nivdia's answer or Gearbox's?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

20. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 13:35 Alamar

RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 12:41:
All is available on the good ship Piracy. I'll be taking that voyage until the inevitable GOTY edition hit's $5 on steam. Stuff that in your gearbox.

And this is the reason publishers perceive the PC market as a bunch of freeloaders.

Better to be a freeloader than a golddigger. If they want my money, they WILL treat me with more respect.

And while everyone "oooo's" and "ahhh's" at Skyrim being on the top ten steam sellers week after week, it also has remained on TPB top 100 for just as long. They are making their money and people are getting free stuff. Win=Win.

btw my steam library contains over 100 games and that's maybe half of my 'legit' library. I generally don't buy cheap indy crap either.

I don't see the point you're trying to make about having a 'legit' library after just stating you'll steal something, but throw a few pennies at them when it's dirt cheap...

-Alamar

19. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 12:41 RailWizard

78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo