Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month

Gearbox Software revealed at PAX plans to release the planned Mechromancer DLC for Borderlands 2 on October 16th, adding the promised 5th class to the RPG/shooter, reports Kotaku. It was recently announced that a season pass will provide access to four DLC packs for the game, and Gearbox tweets a follow-up clarifying that the Mechromancer pack is separate from this: "No, Season Pass does not include Mechromancer -- she'll be available separately for those that don't get her free with pre-order."

View
78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

18. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 12:28 Verno

NKD wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 12:23:
RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 12:07:
All is available on the good ship Piracy. I'll be taking that voyage until the inevitable GOTY edition hit's $5 on steam. Stuff that in your gearbox.

And this is the reason publishers perceive the PC market as a bunch of freeloaders.

Pfft, one deadbeat troll doesn't speak for an entire market, that's just silly. I can only think of one publisher with that attitude these days and they just use it to justify their silly DRM. Besides, with the console market severely lagging the publishers and developers have started courting the PC market again. It's no longer enough to do well on one or two platforms.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 12:23 NKD

RailWizard wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 12:07:
All is available on the good ship Piracy. I'll be taking that voyage until the inevitable GOTY edition hit's $5 on steam. Stuff that in your gearbox.

And this is the reason publishers perceive the PC market as a bunch of freeloaders.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

16. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 12:09 Alamar

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 11:10:
What'd be the point of pre-ordering the game if it were included? Exactly, there'd be none.

I pre-ordered because they deserve my (discounted on GMG) money...

That's one of various reasons, surely more than none ; )

-Alamar

15. removed Sep 4, 2012, 12:07 RailWizard

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 4, 2012, 12:59.

14. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 11:50 fujiJuice

finga wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 10:02:
fujiJuice wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 09:45:
Already telling people what isn't included instead of what is, not a good way to get buyers.
Welcome to, like, six years ago. That's how AAA games are sold now.

And if you have read stuff and watched videos, you'll get a pretty damn good idea of what's included.

Please be so kind as to link me the articles/videos which give me an idea of what dlcs are included in the season pass.

Also, I agree season pass holders shouldn't get preorder dlcs the same time as preorder people, but they made it clear it will be available for purchase later on. I think it should be part of the season pass when it becomes available for everyone else.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2012, 12:03.

13. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 11:31 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 11:21:
Looks like I won't get the Mechromancer for free, as technically I didn't pre-order.

Where'd you get it from?

but I wonder if NOT having it will prohibit playing with people who DO have it?

I'd be a little surprised if that were the case. They can roll that into the main code, so that basically your mecromancer key is just an unlock function.

I got my copy for free when I bought the GTX660ti from Nvidia. They don't appear to consider that a proper "pre-order." Even though my Steam says "Borderlands 2 Pre-Order."

Creston

12. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 11:21 nin

Looks like I won't get the Mechromancer for free, as technically I didn't pre-order.

Where'd you get it from?

but I wonder if NOT having it will prohibit playing with people who DO have it?

I'd be a little surprised if that were the case. They can roll that into the main code, so that basically your mecromancer key is just an unlock function.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 11:21 dj LiTh

What a scam their season pass is turning out to be. You can have 4 DLC's...just not this one this one and oh ya that one  

10. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 11:10 eRe4s3r

What'd be the point of pre-ordering the game if it were included? Exactly, there'd be none.  

9. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 11:05 Creston

Looks like I won't get the Mechromancer for free, as technically I didn't pre-order. Not a big deal, since the class looks kinda dumb to me anyway, but I wonder if NOT having it will prohibit playing with people who DO have it?

As for the worries about the DLC, eh, it's not as if the original Borderlands was short on content. It told a complete story (albeit with a horribly shitty ending), and I never felt that content was being withheld for their DLC. In fact, their DLC had a very different feel to it than the original game.

So I'm really not that worried about it. If you like the game and want more, you can buy some DLC. And if you don't, you will undoubtedly get a nice, meaty game with your original purchase.

Creston

8. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 10:50 nin

Already telling people what isn't included instead of what is, not a good way to get buyers.

I'm not going to defend it at bit, but sadly it's becoming the norm.

If they must sell DLC, I do like the idea of selling the preorder items later. It always sucks when you miss out on a game launch, or buy it from one place and there's 5 different retailer exclusives... (and people that don't care about it can just go ahead and ignore it)

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 10:16 Verno

finga wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 10:01:
That's just what they chose to reward preorders.

Right, it just seems silly not to give it to people who spend $40 or whatever on their DLC season pass. If someone already owns it oh well, it's just a character. I think season pass is a shitty term to reference preorder content. In general I don't really buy into the whole rewarding preorders thing though.

Anyone know if there's gonna be the usual "online pass" bullshit with new copies? Not that it matters on PC where I'll be playing, but I'd love to see at least a few developers push back against that policy

To access the MP side you mean? They haven't hinted at that at all during pre-release stuff so I doubt it.

6. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 10:13 space captain

yeh exactly - welcome to civilization .. now bend over and shut your fucking mouth  
Go forth, and kill!

5. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 10:02 finga

Welcome to, like, six years ago. That's how AAA games are sold now.

And if you have read stuff and watched videos, you'll get a pretty damn good idea of what's included.

4. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 10:01 finga

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 09:47:
Why wouldn't the season pass include the Mechromancer? That seems really silly and arbitrary.
That's just what they chose to reward preorders.

Anyone know if there's gonna be the usual "online pass" bullshit with new copies? Not that it matters on PC where I'll be playing, but I'd love to see at least a few developers push back against that policy.

3. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 09:55 Beamer

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 09:47:
Why wouldn't the season pass include the Mechromancer? That seems really silly and arbitrary.

Because it's included in preorders. So it's to reward preorder people (I'm using what I'm sure is their terms, rather than "try to push people into preordering,") and it makes no sense to give it to people that already have it.

Really, it's to force preordering. My guess it's in the box for all first shipments, so the first 5 million or so people buying new get this, and really only used customers don't.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 09:47 Verno

1. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer next Month Sep 4, 2012, 09:45 fujiJuice

78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo