Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Age of Conan Update Plans

The Age of Conan Website announces a new update coming to Age of Conan called either Secrets of Dragons's Spine or Secrets of Dragon's Spine depending on where you read (were guessing it's the latter). Word is this is going to roll out over the course of a few months:

Funcom is excited to announce a series of upcoming updates called ‘Secrets of Dragon’s Spine’ for its massively multiplayer online role-playing game ‘Age of Conan: Unchained’. The updates will be released over time, with the first one to hit in the next few months, and will introduce a remote desert region known as The Dragon’s Spine filled with new dungeons, quests, monsters and rewards for players to experience.

The ‘Secrets of Dragon’s Spine’ update series will provide players with all new Hyborian experiences as they venture to the desert region located south and west of the ancient city of Pteion. Rippling desert dunes stretches for miles in every direction from the spine, lifeless, except for a small oasis in the mountain’s shadow, and treacherous caves and tunnels weave in and out of the mountain rock. The only building made by man is the Palace of Cetriss, which can be found in the center of the area, at the foot of the mountain ... but men are not the only beings to have forged a thriving civilization in the desolate desert, many secrets lay buried beneath the sands.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 5, 2012, 06:46 PsychoMoggieBagpuss

Also burnt by AoC. The combat/movement mechanics are so much better than any other mmo on the market and the graphics/environment are still top drawer today which shows how amazing they were at release 5 years ago.
Funcom completely fucked the content though. The big draw for myself and a lot of others was the mass PvP content (combos, fatalities, etc) and the promise of mass siege warfare in R Howards world.
The sieges were still continually crashing years after release and the PvP side of things got zero love so the people (who hadn't already left after exiting the starting area and finding that Funcom hadn't actually completed the rest of the game), moved on. In an attempt to stop the hemorrhaging FC started to churn out more and more half-baked PvE content (which was dumb as majority of PvE focused players had already left), before going F2P.
AoC could have been amazing. It was such a disappointment that FC fucked it the way they did...

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2012, 06:55.

PMB / Shodan
http:/www.futilez
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 4, 2012, 19:44 Closed Betas

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 07:54:
As a Robert E. Howard/Conan fan since boyhood, I really wanted to like this game. Messy launch aside, it just never felt like Howard's Hyboria. Sure, all the names where there but it had none of the feeling of his world.

That, more than anything, killed AoC for me. I can't forgive a sterile world when its genesis is based on something so vibrant, lush and full of detail.

Agreed, and beyond that as a game it sucks, and Funcom sucks, that sales guy is a straight up lieing piece of trash and still employed by them.. must be a founder... game over

24. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 4, 2012, 07:54 Burrito of Peace

As a Robert E. Howard/Conan fan since boyhood, I really wanted to like this game. Messy launch aside, it just never felt like Howard's Hyboria. Sure, all the names where there but it had none of the feeling of his world.

That, more than anything, killed AoC for me. I can't forgive a sterile world when its genesis is based on something so vibrant, lush and full of detail.

23. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 4, 2012, 07:22 Ozmodan

Dead game, adding to it is a waste of time. Poorly designed, you feel like you are playing in a cage all the time, there is no open world.  

22. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 4, 2012, 04:35 InBlack

Ant yes it is. The biggest problem with AoC (apart of the lack of content and broken ass shit at launch) is that it will make you HATE every other MMO out there with a passion.

Once you try its control/movement/combat scheme, it will become painfully obvious how horrible movement is in every other MMO out there (including GW2) and the only one that has it is horribly, horrbly broken in every other respect.

Also the architecture is not oversized like in EVERY SINGLE OTHER MMO out there. Seriously what the fuck? Is every single MMO world populated by invisible giants who built everything???

This is what hurt me most about AoC. The core concepts in the game are unmatched in any MMO today, yet they failed so hard with the content...

I have a nifty blue line!

21. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 21:50 Ant

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 21:29:
Julio wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 18:27:
It was good for the first 25 levels, then it lost what was fun. Kind of like Diablo 3 come to think of it. I really wanted to like it, but it was really unfinished when I played it on release.

Yup. The starter area was brilliant, very polished. Then it fell apart. Clearly released way ahead of time.
With F2P as a newbie, is it good enough to see the first 25 levels?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

20. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 21:29 Agent.X7

Julio wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 18:27:
It was good for the first 25 levels, then it lost what was fun. Kind of like Diablo 3 come to think of it. I really wanted to like it, but it was really unfinished when I played it on release.

Yup. The starter area was brilliant, very polished. Then it fell apart. Clearly released way ahead of time.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 20:35 Omni

Their F2P model is crap pay2win and pay for contents.  

18. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 20:10 Jerykk

PHJF wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 19:55:
I remember when this game was The New Shit everybody was raving about.

I think you're mistaking Age of Conan for the Dragon Age marketing campaign.

17. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 19:55 PHJF

I remember when this game was The New Shit everybody was raving about.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

16. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 19:36 Deepjay

I love the:

I don't play it so no-one else does &

I think it's crap so everyone else does mentality's.

Broken records as

15. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 18:27 Julio

14. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 17:27 Ant

I still haven't opened and installed AoC game. I almost played its beta, but never had the time. I guess I should not bother if I ever get a chance.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

13. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 17:14 Sepharo

You clearly broke it.  

12. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 17:07 KS

Well, so much for that.

I go to their web page, click play for free, enter a new name and password, and get this:

Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 119, in publish

Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply

Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object

Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 313, in __call__

Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 350, in _bindAndExec

Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 331, in _exec

11. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 16:43 KS

Good question. They gave out a free week a few years ago, and I ran around topless. I refused to put anything in the chest slot unless it let my toobs show through.

Also, what's up with the ugly-assed chest tats they force you to have?

Also, why doesn't the character creator have a slider for areola diameter and tint?

10. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 16:42 Bhruic

Pyloff wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 16:36:
Is this F2P yet? One of the first MMO's I nearly hit max level at.

It's been F2P for quite some time now. It's a bit limited, in that you only have the option of playing one class from each archetype, but afaik you can go all the way to level 80 (max level). I don't think you can raid, and I know you can't access the add-on content.

9. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 16:36 Pyloff

Is this F2P yet? One of the first MMO's I nearly hit max level at.

8. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 3, 2012, 15:18 UConnBBall

Well I still have fond memories of Anarchy Online. FunCo made a good game and I wish they would just revisit that space with less time consuming details.  

7. Re: Age of Conan Update Plans Sep 3, 2012, 15:00 nin

Bucky wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 14:45:
MattyC wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 14:15:
^ Was burned by AoC. :*(

I have a CE rotting on a shelf.

I remember when gogamer was dumping those for like $7.90 a years ago. I thought "maybe I should grab that, in case I want to try it some day" but I never did...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo