Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Labor Day Tech Bits

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Labor Day Tech Bits Sep 4, 2012, 17:02 avianflu

Tom, I agree, but this is all 100% China-owned business. If one arm of "foxconn" is posting the worst quarter ever, that certainly signals issues with the manufacturing arm of Foxconn.

There's plenty of reason to believe China is steamrolling in the direction of its own recession.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Labor Day Tech Bits Sep 4, 2012, 09:09 Optional nickname

I heard it from the horses' mouth (from several chinese taiwanese dynasty families) years ago when the first ipad was about to be released, that it would be the continual downfall of the entire pc tech platform. Add the brainwashing masses that buy into this shiny logo cult, mixed with things like vegan defunct metro interface from microsoft, and pay to win gaming across the realm, and we are living in evolutionary hell right now. It is making me despise the IT industry of today, so in a way I thank you, because I can get onto a new hobby, that is to take on music and arts. Fuck computing of today, it's depressing at best.  

5. Re: Labor Day Tech Bits Sep 4, 2012, 01:04 Tom

Did you guys even read the story?

FIH's parent Foxconn Technology Group helps assemble Apple's products including iPhones and iPads, but FIH itself does not. Its loss was mainly due to falling orders from major clients including Nokia, Motorola and HTC.

This story was about FIH which apparently does not assemble Apple products.

4. Re: Labor Day Tech Bits Sep 3, 2012, 18:45 Parallax Abstraction

Yeah, there's still a massive worldwide recession going on. I love how the fanboy tech press thinks that because a couple of companies (i.e. Apple and Samsung) are doing well, that all of a sudden everything must be doing tip top. Most of the world economy is a disaster and the US is still sliding backward. People don't have a lot of money and aren't spending it on luxury items. If Apple's biggest manufacturing partner isn't doing well, that says a boatload.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

3. Re: Labor Day Tech Bits Sep 3, 2012, 14:45 Mashiki Amiketo

No story on Apple having worst ever 1h losses because it though? I guess Apple continues to do no wrong.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: Labor Day Tech Bits Sep 3, 2012, 14:31 Mordecai Walfish

Hey, those suicide nets cost $$$ mang!  

1. Re: Labor Day Tech Bits Sep 3, 2012, 13:29 mag

Good!