Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It's Labor Day here in the U.S., as we celebrate one of our most poorly explained holidays. This marks the unofficial end of summer, and true to that we just yesterday noticed what appeared to be some birds starting to migrate south, demonstrating that while this may be unofficial, it' seems pretty accurate.

Autumnal Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Sticky Linky.
Science: Beer Drinkers Swill Faster From Curved Glasses, Scientists Say.
Media: TEENS REACT TO PEWDIEPIE. BONUS.
The Apocalypse - Hollywood Supercut Edition.
Robot Chicken DC Comics Special Trailer.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2012, 18:19 nin

Right now, I show 102 for the temp...

Reaaaaaly sick of this weather...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2012, 17:32 Mr. Tact

Heat index or temperature? I don't doubt you, just wondering what's up with weather.com -- showing triple digits now, maybe I just misclicked.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2012, 14:57 nin

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 14:41:
Where? Don't see any triple digits on the national map at weather.com (thought you were in the US).

105 here in Tulsa today...

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2012, 14:51 Mr. Tact

Oh, and I call "BS" on the curved glasses causing faster beer drinking.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2012, 14:41 Mr. Tact

Where? Don't see any triple digits on the national map at weather.com (thought you were in the US).

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2012, 14:49.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2012, 13:32 nin

Creston wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 11:18:
End of summer, huh?

/108 degrees today.

Creston

I was just thinking the same thing...yuk.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2012, 11:18 Creston

End of summer, huh?

/108 degrees today.

Creston

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2012, 03:43 Fantaz

LOL, that Pewdiepie guy is funny... I got an urge to go back to Amnesia again.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2012, 02:47 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 02:35:
Enahs wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 15:16:
It is official. I am now old. I bought a nose hair trimmer today.

Am I still allowed to play video games? Because I just reinstalled all HL2 to replay it and get ready for the Black Mesa mod!

I have not posted much in the past few years, but I do check out the site all the time. Hell, I visited this site when I was a teenager and now I am in my 30's damn it. Good job Blue, keep up the good work!

Battling car fires?

Yea I have had a couple of those trimmers - they all suck - but it isn't as bad as yanking the things.

Don't forget your ear hair...

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2012, 02:35 xXBatmanXx

Enahs wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 15:16:

Am I still allowed to play video games? Because I just reinstalled all HL2 to replay it and get ready for the Black Mesa mod!

I have not posted much in the past few years, but I do check out the site all the time. Hell, I visited this site when I was a teenager and now I am in my 30's damn it. Good job Blue, keep up the good work!

Battling car fires?

Yea I have had a couple of those trimmers - they all suck - but it isn't as bad as yanking the things.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 20:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Enahs wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 20:14:
You pay 25% more because we like to take advantage of our neighbors. You get 25% less because people like there numbers to feel right, 763mL is just wrong.
No. Back in the 70's when this was done up in Canadaland, the price jumped by about 25%, and the quantity dropped by 25%. In the "great change-over" what you're talking about has nothing to do with it. Welcome to the great screw-over.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 20:14 Enahs

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 18:36:
Enahs wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 16:55:
That is how it is at the very bottom of the United State, to the middle, to everywhere.
Yeah that's only because they've been trying realllllly hard to get the US to switch to metric for the last 25 years. Just remember if they ever do, you're going to end up getting screwed over just like we did up here. 25% less product, and pay 25% more.

You pay 25% more because we like to take advantage of our neighbors. You get 25% less because people like there numbers to feel right, 763mL is just wrong.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 18:36 Mashiki Amiketo

Enahs wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 16:55:
That is how it is at the very bottom of the United State, to the middle, to everywhere.
Yeah that's only because they've been trying realllllly hard to get the US to switch to metric for the last 25 years. Just remember if they ever do, you're going to end up getting screwed over just like we did up here. 25% less product, and pay 25% more.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 16:55 Enahs

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 16:39:
Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 15:17:
It's Labour Day in Canada. Shame on you, Mash!
Bah I live within 150km of the US border. That whole "our/or" thing is interchangeable, it's why you can buy everything in two standards of measurement here still, and why grocery stores sell everything double stamped in lbs/kg, L/oz/Gal. Never mind that every digital thermometer they sell here comes in dual setting mode still. Hah.

- W. C. Fields

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 16:39 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 15:17:
Bah I live within 150km of the US border. That whole "our/or" thing is interchangeable, it's why you can buy everything in two standards of measurement here still, and why grocery stores sell everything double stamped in lbs/kg, L/oz/Gal. Never mind that every digital thermometer they sell here comes in dual setting mode still. Hah.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 16:38 Pyloff

Poorly explained to the international community? I would be shocked if people in america were unsure about the reasons for the holiday.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 16:22 PHJF

I have not posted much in the past few years, but I do check out the site all the time.

With the level of discourse around here lately, why would you?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 15:17 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 14:46:
Labor day in Canada too. We're lazy on both sides of the border today! The end of summer in Canada starts when the mosquito's no longer drag away dogs, that's usually the start of October.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 15:16 Enahs

- W. C. Fields

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2012, 14:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Labor day in Canada too. We're lazy on both sides of the border today! The end of summer in Canada starts when the mosquito's no longer drag away dogs, that's usually the start of October.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo