Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Black Mesa Source This Month

The Black Mesa Website now offers a timer, counting down to a September 14th release of this modification that will update the gameplay from Half-Life with the Source engine from Half-Life 2. This project has taken more development time than the gap between the first two Half-Life games, which earned it "vaporware awards" from the impatient pundits at Wired in 2009 and 2010, but it seems this long wait is about to come to an end. Here's word from the forums:

We're freaking out over here! It is so exciting to share this news with you!

• You can now Download the Black Mesa Soundtrack, courtesy of our very own Joel Nielsen, at the very generous price of whatever you want! Enjoy and share!
  • In the near future you'll see our Website, Wiki and Forums all taken down temporarily for renovations.
  • On September 14th you will see the first release of Black Mesa! This will include our re-envisioning of Half-Life all the way up to Lambda Core. We believe this is a great way to provide a complete-feeling 8-10 hour experience with a solid ending, make our fans happy and help us make the best overall game possible.

We are still working hard on Xen and BMDM, but instead of making you wait we are giving you Black Mesa as soon as it's ready! We're doing our best to help bring the immense vision of this project into reality, and we are very excited for what the future brings!

View
96 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

96. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 7, 2012, 14:24 Krovven

Prez wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 00:23:
Dades wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 07:28:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 23:18:
It is rare that I see the comments section of Blues so unified against one particular point of view.

Everybody...group hug!!

D3 did that too, it was touching.

Just switch in Krovven for Mad Max, and it's exactly the same!

BTW, can you believe he actually unfriended me on Steam because I bashed Diablo 3??? Like the saying goes, with friends like these...

I haven't posted since July, yet little children still need to insult me and attribute what someone else is saying as if I said it.

FYI, Mad Max is in an idiot, just like the majority of fools still talking trash about devs, games and gamers on Blues. Unfortunately Prez has grouped himself with those people by attacking others for the games they like. I unfriended you because you actually stated you hoped hackers were ruining gamers experiences with Diablo 3, but I would have done it regardless of the game. I don't associate myself with people that wish ill will on others, because of the games they play.

Time to grow up Prez.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2012, 14:32.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

95. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 5, 2012, 12:57 Cpmartins

Soundtrack is boss btw, check it you if you haven't already.  

94. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 5, 2012, 07:57 Beamer

pnag wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 04:49:
The sad part is, Max was just one of about 3 or 4 very vocal few on the official Steam forum who utterly tried to trash this mod so, so many times.

Was it delayed? Sure. Did they say 2009? Yup, but I'm sure there were good reasons for the delay, even if we were all disappointed - they were working on it for free! What right did we have?

I got sick of the entitled attitude of 'the few' and had a go at them - more fool me.

Today though? Feeling very vindicated

If we're "apologizing" or "white knighting" is he "hating" or "being a giant douche" for spending hours bashing this game in multiple places before even playing it?
He probably spent as much time badmouthing it as anyone will spend playing it.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

93. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 5, 2012, 04:49 pnag

The sad part is, Max was just one of about 3 or 4 very vocal few on the official Steam forum who utterly tried to trash this mod so, so many times.

Was it delayed? Sure. Did they say 2009? Yup, but I'm sure there were good reasons for the delay, even if we were all disappointed - they were working on it for free! What right did we have?

I got sick of the entitled attitude of 'the few' and had a go at them - more fool me.

Today though? Feeling very vindicated

92. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 5, 2012, 00:23 Prez

Dades wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 07:28:
It is rare that I see the comments section of Blues so unified against one particular point of view.

Everybody...group hug!!

Just switch in Krovven for Mad Max, and it's exactly the same!

BTW, can you believe he actually unfriended me on Steam because I bashed Diablo 3??? Like the saying goes, with friends like these...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

91. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 4, 2012, 07:28 Dades

Everybody...group hug!!

90. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 4, 2012, 04:44 InBlack

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 09:50:
You were the same genius (among many familiar geniuses) who attacked me for daring suggest they release without Xen back when they missed the 2009 release date. I suggested episodic releases if they couldn't seal the deal and was attacked. Not only by you, but even the Black Mesa team and forum admins. You have no credibility. Most of the blind fanboys have none. I've been proven right countless times and will be once more when the rest of Black Mesa is never released after the team totally dissolves 6 months after September.

What use is it being proven right when you are all alone and no one gives two shits about you? Will you jump up and down in your one room appartment in your underware going "I WAS RIGHT, I WAS RIGHT!!", while the rest of the world gets on with our lives?? I hate this expression, but seriously: Get a Life.

I have a nifty blue line!

89. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 4, 2012, 02:22 Slick

this guy is the poster boy for everything wrong with gamers nowadays.

bitch, whine, moan, then bitch some more.

you're entitled to nothing, but act to the world like you're entitled to everything. artists taking their time to give me something for free? NOT GOOD ENOUGH! TERRIBLE! BOO! HATE!

probably the same guy who calls a videogame company "THE MOST EVIL CORPORATION IN AMERICA".

way to support, represent, and respect the creative and artistic people who spend their time, blood, sweat, and tears to bring us these magnificent games which have enhanced all of our lives throughout the years.

and people like you try to make yourselves feel big by wiping your ass with these people.

you're trash bro. get lost.

88. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 3, 2012, 23:18 Jivaro

Everybody...group hug!!

87. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 3, 2012, 19:51 siapnar

Coming from someone who co-lead a team making a UT2004 total conversion that never truly saw the light of day after 2.5 years of daily development (coder issues, as always); I'm happy as hell to see at least some of this mod released.

Been following Black Mesa from the start and I'm pumped to play it, even if it would come out in hour long chunks of gameplay.

I have projectile dysfunction.

86. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 3, 2012, 17:00 Flatline

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 09:35:
What have you done?

Engaged in sexy time with women.

Held down a job.

Started a business on my own.

Built a camper trailer.

Y'know... life. As opposed to waving my wang on an internet forum over my video game chops.

PS: You suck as a troll. You must either have a shred of empathy left in you, or so little that we're watching the death spasms. Either way it's entertaining.

85. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 3, 2012, 14:27 pnag

Sepharo wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 14:17:
This must be his pet troll project.
Sounds like he was in love with this mod very much and it broke his heart.

My theory is he's jealous. He did a nice job on the AvP mod, but Black Mesa is much larger in scope, and garnered more attention. As a result, he threw the rattle out of the stroller, so to speak

84. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 3, 2012, 14:17 Sepharo

nin wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 12:25:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 09:21:
This is what happens when dealing with illiterate apologists. I'm sure their favorite movie is Prometheus and they voted for Obama, too.

Wow, when did you become such a troll? I thought you used to be a half way reasonable poster...

This must be his pet troll project.
Sounds like he was in love with this mod very much and it broke his heart.

83. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 3, 2012, 12:25 nin

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 09:21:
This is what happens when dealing with illiterate apologists. I'm sure their favorite movie is Prometheus and they voted for Obama, too.

Wow, when did you become such a troll? I thought you used to be a half way reasonable poster...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

82. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 3, 2012, 11:11 pnag

Hellbinder wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 10:50:
it is pretty funny seeing all the vitriol being tossed back and forth over a game mod.

Not quite true - more over the entitled attitude of some folk. That always gets my goat, whether it's a game mod, attitude to life, whatever.

Well, that's the case for me, anyhow

81. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 3, 2012, 11:10 Beamer

Hellbinder wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 10:50:
it is pretty funny seeing all the vitriol being tossed back and forth over a game mod.

Says the guy that tosses it around over a book!

(Who's trolling now, Max?!)

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

80. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 3, 2012, 10:50 Hellbinder

The Whales name is Bob.

79. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 3, 2012, 09:59 Dades

You were the same genius (among many familiar geniuses) who attacked me for daring suggest they release without Xen back when they missed the 2009 release date. I suggested episodic releases if they couldn't seal the deal and was attacked. Not only by you, but even the Black Mesa team and forum admins. You have no credibility. Most of the blind fanboys have none. I've been proven right countless times and will be once more when the rest of Black Mesa is never released after the team totally dissolves 6 months after September.

I would be careful with such absolutist statements, you can't really go back on that later on after you dig your heels in. They announced a release date, it's not far off so let's just see what happens.

78. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 3, 2012, 09:53 pnag

Um, any evidence of this at all? Because I never did that?

I'll be honest and say I didn't like the episodic idea (for Half Life or BM:S) but I certainly never attacked you for the idea.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2012, 10:03.

77. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 3, 2012, 09:50 Mad Max RW

96 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo