Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Nerf Warning

The Diablo III Website outlines plans to nerf the Trail of Cinders rune for the Demon Hunter in the upcoming version 1.0.5 update for Blizzard's action/RPG sequel, calling the fact that it does 500% more damage than intended a bug (explained more fully here). They explain that this could be hotfixed, but will not be, even though there is no ETA at the moment for the new patch:

While this bug was discovered very quickly after 1.0.4 released and is capable of being hotfixed, we didn't want to move forward with the fix without giving players proper notice. We also know that players are having fun using Trail of Cinders in their builds, so -- although this is an important issue we want to address -- we're opting to wait for the next client patch to make any adjustments.

We recognize that some builds which currently use Trail of Cinders will no longer be viable once this bug is fixed. Ultimately, we want to continue to provide players with more build options and ways to feel creative with their skill/gear selections, but not at the expense of going against our design goals or creating situations which can encourage players to limit themselves defensively.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 4, 2012, 07:09 Reactor

Yep Toff  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 4, 2012, 04:00 Luke

Reactor wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 22:16:
I'm enjoying D3 after the latest patch. As a Barb I can actually kill things now, which is nice. I'm sure there are better games out there design wise, but I still find the game fun.

I guess its good for you then... Cowboy

22. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 3, 2012, 22:16 Reactor

I'm enjoying D3 after the latest patch. As a Barb I can actually kill things now, which is nice. I'm sure there are better games out there design wise, but I still find the game fun.  

21. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 3, 2012, 08:22 shinchan0s

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 02:11:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 20:34:
Hrm, poor ToC DHs. Not that surprising though considering how crazy the damage was, for a Discipline skill. Still,the 1.05 patch probably won't be out for a month, so farm it up while you can, ToH users.

Oh well, still playing D3 occasionally, but really looking forward to Borderlands 2/Torchlight 2.

I stopped playing Starcraft 2 over a year ago, not sure about the rest of you guys but I've utterly lost interest in any SC2 'expansions' they are going to attempt to sell at +$40.

The sad thing is, it doesn't even seem like Blizzard is intentionally trying to hamper players' enjoyment, it's like they just don't even understand how to make a fun game or something. Nobody thinks .0000001% drop rates are fun, Blizzard. Also, screw the AHs.

All the talent that made Blizzard what it was, is long gone. Plain and simple. They were never good at project management even then, now that it takes them 7 years to put out garbage they've kinda become a laughing stock imo.

Now it's gonna be at least 2 1/2 years of HoTS. This is getting embarrassing. It's been 99% done since June - it's just spit and polish now. LOL. What's the point - they'll still patch it like crazy anyway.

20. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 3, 2012, 05:10 Flatline

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 02:11:
Hrm, poor ToC DHs. Not that surprising though considering how crazy the damage was, for a Discipline skill. Still,the 1.05 patch probably won't be out for a month, so farm it up while you can, ToH users.

Oh well, still playing D3 occasionally, but really looking forward to Borderlands 2/Torchlight 2.

I stopped playing Starcraft 2 over a year ago, not sure about the rest of you guys but I've utterly lost interest in any SC2 'expansions' they are going to attempt to sell at +$40.

The sad thing is, it doesn't even seem like Blizzard is intentionally trying to hamper players' enjoyment, it's like they just don't even understand how to make a fun game or something. Nobody thinks .0000001% drop rates are fun, Blizzard. Also, screw the AHs.

All the talent that made Blizzard what it was, is long gone. Plain and simple. They were never good at project management even then, now that it takes them 7 years to put out garbage they've kinda become a laughing stock imo.

It's not even just that the original talent has moved on. As I've said before, Blizzard is drowning in money from WoW. There isn't any other development studio in the world who could waste 10 years on a AAA title, pretty much in development for all that time, and not even feel it in their financials. Shit Diablo 3 is considered a loss leader: They gave it away for free for anyone subbing to WoW for a year. Why? Real Money Auction Hall Bitches! But still, it's kind of crazy that they see it that way (but are generally willing to fuck the rest of us for 60 bucks though).

I'm starting to believe that "when it's done" is a really, really shitty approach to designing a game (note: not create/program a game, but design it) because it's never fucking done and by the time you push something out the door, it's mutated 50,000 times and isn't what you had in mind originally. Seeing "when it's done" as a release date now sends up a goddamn red flag for me, screaming "we don't know when to stop help us!"

I mean, it's taking 3 years to design and release a goddamn mission pack for SC2. And I'm sorry, you can object all you want to it being more than a "mission pack", but it's going to be new campaign missions, 2-3 new units per side, 2 or 3 CGI movies, and a half dozen new multiplayer maps. In other words, the same content that was produced literally in one year with Starcraft: Brood Wars.

19. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 3, 2012, 02:11 RollinThundr

18. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 20:52 SM0k3

Bhruic wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 15:18:
SM0k3 wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 13:42:
I just think it's kind of stupid that they're calling it a "bug" after 2 weeks since release when it was obviously a screw-up on their side.

Uh, a "screw-up on their side" is the definition of a bug.

True that was an idiotic statement I made, but what I was getting at is the DH is already a very touchy and weak character to begin with, why wait 2 weeks to even mention this was an unintentional[yea right] buff. I and many others have adjusted(some spend RM) their characters around this "bug"? Did they even test the patch before release? The MINUTE they noticed it, they should have put out a hotfix before anyone had a chance to "exploit" this "bug". Totally irresponsible....

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2012, 21:00.

17. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 20:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

16. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 20:31 Creston

Dades wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 16:45:
It's pretty sad when GW2 is a better ARPG than Diablo is.

Actually, I'm glad that's the case. A developer who listens to their players makes the better game, versus a bunch of stuck-up arrogant assholes who keep bleating that they know better.

Blizzard wields the nerf bat yet again. Whodathunkit? Though to be fair, if it's THAT OP, it probably should be looked at.

Creston

15. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 18:43 ASeven

I think it's undeniable that Blizzard's reputation took a huge hit after D3 and I doubt they'll regain the lost reputation any time soon, though the next SC2 expansion will probably sell millions I just can't see people trusting Blizzard on anything other than SC2 and WoW.  

14. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 18:24 Trevellian

Dades wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 16:45:

I haven't been able to stop playing Guild Wars 2 for a week now.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

13. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 18:03 Asmo

We also know that players are having fun using Trail of Cinders in their builds, so

Oh there's the problem, people are having fun... Better fix that shit asap...

12. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 16:54 Brumbek

D3 is like a comedy of errors. It is very clear Blizzard made a BIG mistake when Blizzard North went away. Torchlight 2 is going to blow D3 out of the water, which is kind of sad since TL2 took 1/2 the development time.

Anyway, Runic has my deep appreciation and respect. Blizzard has...nothing.

11. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 16:45 Dades

10. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 15:58 xXBatmanXx

Haven't played in along time, got bored doing all characters and beating Diablo 2 times on each.....in about 100+ hours playtime, I have only found 4 legendaries....lame.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 15:33 Yakubs

Blizzard still doesn't understand anymore what makes an action RPG fun. This message about Trail of Cinders is an amusingly ironic indication of that.  

8. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 15:18 Bhruic

SM0k3 wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 13:42:
I just think it's kind of stupid that they're calling it a "bug" after 2 weeks since release when it was obviously a screw-up on their side.

Uh, a "screw-up on their side" is the definition of a bug.

7. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 14:41 Closed Betas

descender wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 14:18:
The loot drops in Borderlands were atrocious... I didn't find a new weapon on my entire second playthrough. Think about that for a second.

This "we won't hotfix it" thing screams of "we can't afford to lose anymore players, so keep using these broken features until we break everything else".

It's actually the exploited opposite... Its there to encourage those to spend money and crap to get the OP item that probably was BUGGED ON PURPOSE..

6. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 14:30 RailWizard

The loot drops in Borderlands were atrocious... I didn't find a new weapon on my entire second playthrough. Think about that for a second.

This "we won't hotfix it" thing screams of "we can't afford to lose anymore players, so keep using these broken features until we break everything else".

I 2nd this. In all my hours of playing/farming I found 1 pearl, and it was a crappy shield I've never used.

5. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 14:25 Warskull

Borderlands has a lot of good weapons, some great weapons, and a handful of absolutely dominant weapons. Particularly Volcano snipers and 4x SMGs.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo