Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Labor Day notwithstanding, Valve tirelessly offers their list of the ten bestselling games on Steam for the week:

1. Counter-Strike Global Offensive
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Arma II Combined Operations
  4. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
  5. The Walking Dead
  6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  8. War of the Roses
  9. Civilization V: Gods & Kings
  10. The Darkness II

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2012, 17:41 cronik

A brilliant game can shine through a lacklustre port, Dark Souls is a prime example.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2012, 02:15 Jerykk

Gipson wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 02:04:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 20:04:
ASeven wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 18:50:
On a semi-related note, I Am Alive seems to have leaked for the PC and it may get the worst port for PC away from RE4 if what I read on related forums is true.

That would be quite a feat, considering that Dark Souls is the second worst port ever. If I Am Alive actually renders at your native resolution and isn't capped at 30 FPS, it's already better than Dark Souls.

Dark Souls is a crappy port but its high up there in the top 10 or 20 on Steam's stats page. i'm playing it for the first time ever and am really into it.

From Software still probably cashed in on this big (and i'm glad they did port it...i wanted to play this but have no console) and got even more profit thanks to Durante's fix.

Sadly, the game's financial success is basically telling publishers and developers that it's okay to crap out horrible ports. After all, if even the worst ports can sell well, why bother spending more time and resources on quality ports?

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2012, 02:04 Gipson

On a semi-related note, I Am Alive seems to have leaked for the PC and it may get the worst port for PC away from RE4 if what I read on related forums is true.

That would be quite a feat, considering that Dark Souls is the second worst port ever. If I Am Alive actually renders at your native resolution and isn't capped at 30 FPS, it's already better than Dark Souls.

Dark Souls is a crappy port but its high up there in the top 10 or 20 on Steam's stats page. i'm playing it for the first time ever and am really into it.

From Software still probably cashed in on this big (and i'm glad they did port it...i wanted to play this but have no console) and got even more profit thanks to Durante's fix.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 3, 2012, 00:08 Bhruic

Quboid wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 22:41:

Leaked as in, a pre-release version? Bad idea to draw conclusions from a beta.

No, it appears it's the "final" code - or at least that's what the claim is.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2012, 22:41 Quboid

Leaked as in, a pre-release version? Bad idea to draw conclusions from a beta.

- Quboid

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2012, 20:38 ASeven

Ubisoft QA in action!  

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2012, 20:29 ASeven

If you go to some forums it apparently suffers from pretty much everything, especially horrendous performance with shitty textures. If anything of what is being said is true than if it doesn't rob the title of worst port ever it'll get on the Top10 no doubt. Either way the reviews should promise some entertainment.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2012, 20:04 Jerykk

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2012, 19:32 Bhruic

Quboid wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 17:35:
How's Dawnguard? How does it work, do you load up your last saved game and continue with that character even if the main story is done?

It's basically a completely add-in quest (well, series of quests). So yes, if you want to, you can load an old save and jump in to it. It's a bit less useful if you do it that way (you don't get to enjoy the new items/powers as much since you're effective "done" the game), but it's doable.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2012, 18:50 ASeven

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2012, 18:31 reisub

I can't help feeling people think these charts represent *way* more sales than they actually do. Still, a decent enough selection.  

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2012, 17:35 Quboid

How's Dawnguard? How does it work, do you load up your last saved game and continue with that character even if the main story is done?  

- Quboid

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2012, 17:00 LittleMe

Dev wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 15:48:
especially ones that aren't the latest CoD.

Bingo!!!!!!

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2012, 15:48 Dev

Gipson wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 13:50:
Skyrim STILL in there

And so is Arma 2, even though I dont think its on sale right now.

I'm glad to see PC games doing so well, especially ones that aren't the latest CoD.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2012, 14:03 Tumbler

I STILL have it installed which is weird. I haven't touched it in months. I think I put about 30 hours into it then lost interest. I keep it installed because I keep feeling like any minute I'll want to play it again...still hasn't happened yet.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2012, 13:50 Gipson

Skyrim STILL in there  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo