Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Footage

This trailer offers a play session on Borderlands 2 with Gearbox president Randy Pitchford, showing off co-op gameplay in the imminent role-playing shooter sequel (thanks nin). The clip runs about an hour, which is, well, long. Word is: "Gearbox's ever-passionate President Randy Pitchford joins us for some hardcore Borderlands 2 co-op action, a chat about the game's production and... wait, is that a Mechromancer?!"

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 4, 2012, 16:10 descender

What in Borderlands had anything to do with the fact another player was standing there? Have you ever played a real co-op game? "Class mods" are a really weak answer. I'm not talking about passively healing someone because they happen to be standing next to me. Short of reviving each other, I fail to see how the different "classes" worked together in the first game.

I see "co-op doom" going on in the new videos. Second verse, same as the first...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 2, 2012, 14:29 jimnms

descender wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 14:22:
So what did they add to create an actual Co-op situation, instead of 4 people separately running around playing a SP game?

There was no need to work together in the original, at all. No skills between classes that worked well together. Everyone just run around and press your one button!

Unless there is a fundamental change in the gameplay in 2, this will be insanely-boring, just like the first one.

Did you even watch the video or play the first game? In the first game, and in BL2, there are skill and class upgrades that are useless unless playing coop.

Steam Profile

25. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 2, 2012, 14:22 descender

So what did they add to create an actual Co-op situation, instead of 4 people separately running around playing a SP game?

There was no need to work together in the original, at all. No skills between classes that worked well together. Everyone just run around and press your one button!

Unless there is a fundamental change in the gameplay in 2, this will be insanely-boring, just like the first one.

24. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 2, 2012, 13:05 Rattlehead

You can get BL2 from GMG for 37.50 now. Use the labor day weekend voucher code and it brings the game down to that price. I picked it up.  

23. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 2, 2012, 10:16 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 20:33:
Btw, has anyone figured out how to sign up for that premiere club thing? So you get the free DLC? I can't for the life of me figure it out...

Help?

Creston

I got a 4 pack at Amazon, and it is a seperate key outside of the game key. THey send both keys x4.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

22. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 2, 2012, 08:34 Dades

finga wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 00:50:
Understandable, but BL2 is bigger than BL1, and it lasted far longer than most FPS games do.

Only if you believe in the preview hype, I'll wait until some gamers get the honest to goodness game.

21. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 2, 2012, 03:13 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 22:57:
nin, did you get GW2, btw?

I did, but I've been stuck on sleeping dogs...maybe some day!

You're a bad person! Go play GW2!

Creston

20. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 2, 2012, 00:50 finga

jimnms wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 22:23:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 18:51:
there's a 25% off code that activates tomorrow on green man gaming, click the "blog" link on their site for the code.

Awesome, I'm tempted to get it. I was thinking of waiting since I have too much shit to play, and I my two friends that I used to play coop with are no longer able to play. I picked up Borderlands GOTY for $7.50 on a Steam sale about a year after release. I bought it for me and the two friends that I played coop with. They thought it looked like crap and didn't want to get it when it was new, then it turned out to be some fun shit. We played it every night for about a month.

Edit: Ok, I just finished the video, and all the talk about DLC at the end is kind of putting me off. I think I'd rather wait and get the complete game and play it then rather than a piece at a time.
Understandable, but BL2 is bigger than BL1, and it lasted far longer than most FPS games do.

19. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 1, 2012, 23:31 Snapdad

Really? They've still not looked at a woman, yet? What ARE those things?  

18. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 1, 2012, 22:57 nin

I did, but I've been stuck on sleeping dogs...maybe some day!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 1, 2012, 22:55 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 21:28:
Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 20:21:
I love how he gets two guys from his dev team to play the game, and they both suck ass at it.

Creston

Yeah, I'm a little worried about the difficulty.

As far as the club stuff, it looks like as long as you preorder, you get it. I'm assuming either through a extra steam key, or a single key thats only available at launch that covers both the main game and the extra club stuff.

They were just playing dumb. Rushing out in the middle of a bunch of enemies, especially badass ones, is a quick way to get killed. Learning to funnel mobs is pretty vital in Borderlands.

As for the bonus, hmmm, I just wonder how they're going to know who pre-ordered then. Oh well, I guess we'll find out.

Creston

16. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 1, 2012, 22:23 jimnms

DangerDog wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 18:51:
there's a 25% off code that activates tomorrow on green man gaming, click the "blog" link on their site for the code.

Awesome, I'm tempted to get it. I was thinking of waiting since I have too much shit to play, and I my two friends that I used to play coop with are no longer able to play. I picked up Borderlands GOTY for $7.50 on a Steam sale about a year after release. I bought it for me and the two friends that I played coop with. They thought it looked like crap and didn't want to get it when it was new, then it turned out to be some fun shit. We played it every night for about a month.

Edit: Ok, I just finished the video, and all the talk about DLC at the end is kind of putting me off. I think I'd rather wait and get the complete game and play it then rather than a piece at a time.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2012, 22:42.

Steam Profile

15. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 1, 2012, 21:28 nin

Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 20:21:
I love how he gets two guys from his dev team to play the game, and they both suck ass at it.

Creston

Yeah, I'm a little worried about the difficulty.

As far as the club stuff, it looks like as long as you preorder, you get it. I'm assuming either through a extra steam key, or a single key thats only available at launch that covers both the main game and the extra club stuff.

14. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 1, 2012, 21:23 Rea1One

Watched the whole thing from start to finish, can't wait for Borderlands 2!!  

13. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 1, 2012, 20:33 Creston

Btw, has anyone figured out how to sign up for that premiere club thing? So you get the free DLC? I can't for the life of me figure it out...

Help?

Creston

12. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 1, 2012, 20:21 Creston

Creston

11. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 1, 2012, 19:24 nin

jimnms wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 18:48:
Fion wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 14:54:
On a good note, I do like the weapons. They seem even more diverse and interesting than BL1. I've already got this sucker pre-purchased, $33 from greenman gaming (steam unlock). Looking forward to it.

How did you get it for $33? Best I've seen it there is $40.

I got it for like $37.50 a couple of weeks ago...

10. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 1, 2012, 18:54 CJ_Parker

looks shitty as fuck... or should we simply say "as expected"...

/pass
/next
/kthxbye

9. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 1, 2012, 18:51 DangerDog

jimnms wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 18:48:
Fion wrote on Sep 1, 2012, 14:54:
On a good note, I do like the weapons. They seem even more diverse and interesting than BL1. I've already got this sucker pre-purchased, $33 from greenman gaming (steam unlock). Looking forward to it.

How did you get it for $33? Best I've seen it there is $40.

8. Re: Borderlands 2 Footage Sep 1, 2012, 18:50 Fion

Someone on here posted it actually. Was more than a month ago.  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo