Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play

WBIE announces that Gotham City Impostors is now a free-to-play game, and Steam offers downloads of the new F2P client for the multiplayer shooter, which now incorporates Steamworks support. Word is: "Those who download the Gotham City Impostors Free To Play via the Steam client will have access to the original game, as well as all DLC packs, which includes new maps, weapons, mascots and more. Players will also experience join-in-progress matchmaking that ensures gamers are placed into populated matches."

View
14. Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play Sep 1, 2012, 02:22 Jerykk

I enjoyed the beta but the game's PC launch was a disaster. The GFWL matchmaking was crap, you couldn't join matches-in-progress and the game was poorly optimized. The community died pretty quickly. Going F2P, removing GFWL and letting you join matches-in-progress will hopefully revive the game, as I do think the core gameplay is enjoyable. There's a wide variety of weapons and loadout customization and a lot of interesting traversal mechanics.

That said, F2P games need lots of post-release support to survive and I don't really see WB doing that. I see them switching to F2P as a desperate attempt to milk more money from the microtransactions (like APB Reloaded did) rather than overhaul the game in an attempt to revive it.

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 31, 10:30 Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play nin
  2. Aug 31, 10:40  Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play Topevoli
  10. Aug 31, 17:48   Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play kyleb
  3. Aug 31, 10:47 Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play ViRGE
  7. Aug 31, 12:37  Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play Dades
  4. Aug 31, 11:22 Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play Tumbler
  5. Aug 31, 11:36  Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play Elessar
  6. Aug 31, 12:21 Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play Parallax Abstraction
  8. Aug 31, 12:41 Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play xXBatmanXx
  9. Aug 31, 14:57  Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play Flatline
  11. Aug 31, 18:05 Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play WyldKat
  12. Aug 31, 20:20  Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play DarkCntry
  13. Aug 31, 20:23 Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play Rea1One
>> 14. Sep 1, 02:22  Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play Jerykk

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo