Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Torchlight 2 Next Month

The Runic Games Forums now offer the promised announcement of a release date for Torchlight 2, saying the action/RPG sequel is due on September 20th (thanks Mr. Tact). According to Travis Baldree, well see a more official announcement about this later today.

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

35. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 13:39 LgFriess

D3 might have been the best thing that happened to T2's sales.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 13:38 ASeven

My poor clients, between T2 and BL2 I'll tell them to bugger off each time they call me.  

33. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 13:37 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 12:41:
woot!

/edit: AH CRAP! 2 DAYS AFTER BORDERLANDS 2!!!!

hehehehe...welcome to the fall rush. A month ago there wasn't much out, now we're swimming in releases.

Feast or famine!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

32. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 13:27 Elricsi

T2 will be fine.

Most people pre-ordered, and if the word of mouth is as good as I think it will be, then plenty more will shell out $20

P.S. I think a lot or maybe most PC gamers have plenty of $$$ to buy multiple games at once, they just don't have the time to play them all. Console gamers maybe buy 1 at a time.

31. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 12:41 xXBatmanXx

woot!

/edit: AH CRAP! 2 DAYS AFTER BORDERLANDS 2!!!!

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

30. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 12:34 dj LiTh

Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 12:28:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 11:31:
Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 11:26:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 11:23:
I'd guess anyone with that "problem" would prefer a $20 game over a $60 game...

For me it's actually not the money budget that's the problem, it's the TIME budget. Just got GW2, then BL2, then Dishonored a few weeks later, then AC3 a few weeks after that.

I don't see where I'm going to have time to fit TL2 in that. Had they released it in July, I'd have had two months to play it...

Creston

By releasing it in september, will the game magically not be available in july?

Unless it comes with an integrated time rift, I somehow fail to see how you think this going to work. Unless you mean I play it NEXT July, which is possible, but probably not really what Runic Games is looking for.

Creston

I did originally think that you were talking about next july, which is why i was puzzled, i wasnt aware of the fact that their original release date was last july.

29. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 12:28 Creston

For me it's actually not the money budget that's the problem, it's the TIME budget. Just got GW2, then BL2, then Dishonored a few weeks later, then AC3 a few weeks after that.

I don't see where I'm going to have time to fit TL2 in that. Had they released it in July, I'd have had two months to play it...

Creston

Unless it comes with an integrated time rift, I somehow fail to see how you think this going to work. Unless you mean I play it NEXT July, which is possible, but probably not really what Runic Games is looking for.

Creston

28. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 12:20 Cutter

Demo?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

27. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 12:10 Darks

Creston

OK, stop being so literal dude. He’s referring to the so called original release data it was supposed to have. Last July.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

26. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 12:08 Darks

Kajetan wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:26:
Darks wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:15:
Why do they want to compete with Borderlands 2?
Because they dont? There are a lot of people who are not interested in Borderlands or vice versa Torchlight at all. Different games, different tastes, different people.

To some extent your comments are true, but, there are people like me and there are a great deal of them who want to play both. As Creston said, this will cost those sales at some point. Those sales will be made up at a later point. But this does nothing for the initial sales. Again, it’s kind of dumb of their part to try and compete.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

25. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 11:43 Elessar

WarpCrow wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:55:
InBlack wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:20:
I tried GW2 at my store today. Aside from the pretty graphics it plays and feels exactly like WoW. Somehow I thought it was going to be more Diablo-esque. Oh well.

I'm not sure how you got that impression. They're utterly different games in many ways; they just happen to belong to the same genre. It's a bit like saying BF3 and CoD feel exactly the same because they're both multiplayer FPS with a leveling system and a similar setting.
Depends how you look at it. IMO, they're very similar because they're very loot driven. I'll enjoy both over time because of their differences, but I do think releasing a diablo-like item hunt game at the same time a major item hunt game is being released wasn't such a good idea.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

24. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 11:31 dj LiTh

Creston

23. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 11:26 Creston

Creston

22. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 11:24 dj LiTh

Ok, 1st a disclaimer, i'm completely disinterested in both BL2 and TL2 snore fests. Now with that out of the way and now that i have a quotable rebuttable piece for fanboys onto my point: Do you expect TL2 to be finished with their game and delay it 1 month? 2 months? 3 months? etc? What purpose would that serve than to lose sales from being on the market longer.  

21. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 11:23 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

20. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 11:20 Topevoli

Slashman wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:59:
The only way they compete is if someone was going to buy both games and discovers that they came out at the same time and their budget is limited.

So pretty much 95% of the potential customers?

19. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 11:11 Optional nickname

Kajetan wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:26:
Darks wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:15:
Why do they want to compete with Borderlands 2?
Because they dont? There are a lot of people who are not interested in Borderlands or vice versa Torchlight at all. Different games, different tastes, different people.

The Absolute best part of anyway you slice it, is that all these different people, playing different games, ...
CAN FINALLY PUT AWAY DIABLO3 FOR GOOD.

r.i.p Blizzard, no re. thx for the memories.

18. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 11:11 Dades

WarpCrow wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 11:05:
Maybe they don't compete in your mind, but to me and many others they're part of the same genre and I play them for the same reasons. Just because it's played from the first person perspective and has guns doesn't make it any less of an ARPG.

Yep they're coming out around the same time and both asking for money from my wallet, that's competition enough. They don't have to be from the same strictly labeled genre.

17. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 11:05 WarpCrow

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:40:
I'll admit to some ignorance about BL2 and ask, aren't they very different games? I thought BL2 was more of a FPS with TL2 being a ARPG. I mean yeah, there is cross-over but they aren't in direct competition are they?

That's just ridiculous. There was never a time when I was torn between firing up Borderlands and Torchlight 1, Titan Quest or any similar ARPG.

Borderlands is a FPS first and foremost. It has a couple of similarities with items and skills in isometric ARPGs but that's it. The mechanics are different and the skillset to play them is different.

The only way they compete is if someone was going to buy both games and discovers that they came out at the same time and their budget is limited.

Maybe they don't compete in your mind, but to me and many others they're part of the same genre and I play them for the same reasons. Just because it's played from the first person perspective and has guns doesn't make it any less of an ARPG.

16. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 11:02 ItBurn

Which is exactly the case... But it's more than that also. Most sales are done on release, because of the publicity and hype. Borderlands is bigger, so it'll swallow torchlight. I mean there's no excuse! You should release torchlight when no other arpg is released! Especially when there's like only two of them a year...

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo