Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced

EA announces Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection, a new bundle celebrating 17 years of Command & Conquer games by bundling 17 of them on one disc, all updated to operate under Windows 7 and Windows Vista. The bundle will be released this fall digitally and at retail, and in addition to all of those games, purchasers will also get early access to the beta for the new C&C game expected next year. "As long time fans of the Command & Conquer franchise, we are excited to be able to help celebrate the legacy of the series with this compilation. Our passion for this fantastic portfolio is helping drive us as we deliver the next great Command & Conquer experience next year," said Jon Van Caneghem, Vice President and General Manager, Electronic Arts.

View
13. Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Aug 31, 2012, 13:38 SimplyMonk

MattyC wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 11:51:
I hold a similar view. None of the stuff was the same once EA got into the mix, but it was at least tolerable. I still enjoyed the campy fun CG and Kane. Once C&C 4 came out I was like... nope... not doing this. I mean they made a C&C game where you don't even have bases. Who thought that was a good idea? Had they played any of the other C&C games?

They tried to turn it into a RTS Arena game like DotA or HoN. EA saw that they didn't have a title in that genre and wanted to jump in. Sadly, they chose the C&C IP to do this with since their brains think all RTS are the same so if WC3 can do it, why not C&C?

As a side note, for some reason I occasionally get an urge to play Renegade again. My brain keeps telling me RTS and FPS should never mix, but my heart keeps wanting it to. Although, I should probably just play Savage II or Sacrifice as they did it a lot better.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 31, 10:24 Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Kajetan
  8. Aug 31, 11:42  Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Bob
  14. Aug 31, 13:57   Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Rhett
  19. Aug 31, 23:10    Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Jerykk
  20. Sep 1, 03:21     Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Rhett
  21. Sep 1, 03:28      Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Jackplug
  22. Sep 1, 03:44      Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Jerykk
  23. Sep 1, 10:19     Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced netnerd85
  27. Sep 2, 05:38      Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced J
  26. Sep 2, 02:13     Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Ant
  2. Aug 31, 10:39 Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced netnerd85
  3. Aug 31, 10:47  Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced InBlack
  4. Aug 31, 10:58   Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Bosanac
  5. Aug 31, 11:08  Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced dheer
  10. Aug 31, 11:51   Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced MattyC
>> 13. Aug 31, 13:38    Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced SimplyMonk
  6. Aug 31, 11:11 Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced NegaDeath
  7. Aug 31, 11:40  Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Shineyguy
  12. Aug 31, 13:32  Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Mashiki Amiketo
  9. Aug 31, 11:46 Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Optional nickname
  11. Aug 31, 13:18 Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Lobster
  18. Aug 31, 20:39  Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced J
  15. Aug 31, 13:58 Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Silicon Avatar
  16. Aug 31, 17:08  Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Bet
  17. Aug 31, 20:10 Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced necrosis
  24. Sep 1, 11:08 Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced panbient
  25. Sep 2, 02:12  Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Ant

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo