Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Season Pass

2K Games announces a Season Pass program for Borderlands 2, which will allow gamers to secure four upcoming add-on campaigns for Gearbox Software's upcoming FPS/ARPG sequel for a one-time advance payment. They do not provide exact details on what the add-ons will offer, but say they will all be released by June 2013, and the season pass will reduce the cost of the four packs to around USD $30.00 instead of around $10.00 each. Season passes will go on sale when the game is released in North America on September 18th and internationally on September 21st.

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

49. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Sep 2, 2012, 14:23 Beamer

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 14:13:
Beelzebud wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 13:07:
Yay for $90.00 games!

B-b-but you don't owe them anything! Gearbox works so hard to feed their starving children! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Bumping a 3 day dead topic to go cross-topic?
This is a meltdown in the works.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Sep 2, 2012, 14:13 Mad Max RW

Beelzebud wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 13:07:
Yay for $90.00 games!

B-b-but you don't owe them anything! Gearbox works so hard to feed their starving children! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

47. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 31, 2012, 16:15 eRe4s3r

I have the same slouch in my gaming moods. This is basically the only reason I somtimes pre-order games, there are a lot of games, but not many I actually want to play, and Borderlands 1 was a source of a lot of fun. Mostly in SP later in its life-time ;p  

46. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 31, 2012, 15:28 JoeNapalm

DG wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 13:29:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 14:49:
Yeah .... I want to play this game but am willing to wait for the $7.50 GOTY version like I did with the first Borderlands.
I'd agree with you but I'm short on games I actually want to play.

Tons of unplayed games from Steam sales, but I just can't muster up enthusiasm for them. Just Cause 2, LA Noire, STALKER, Shogun 2, Legend of Grimrock, Super Meat Boy, to name but a few that have been spoken about positively on here.

And here I thought it was just me in that particular situation.

I have a huge backlog from various Steam sales, and yet all I want to do is buy Sleeping Dogs.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

45. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 31, 2012, 13:29 DG

CrimsonPaw wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 14:49:
Yeah .... I want to play this game but am willing to wait for the $7.50 GOTY version like I did with the first Borderlands.
I'd agree with you but I'm short on games I actually want to play.

Tons of unplayed games from Steam sales, but I just can't muster up enthusiasm for them. Just Cause 2, LA Noire, STALKER, Shogun 2, Legend of Grimrock, Super Meat Boy, to name but a few that have been spoken about positively on here.

44. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 31, 2012, 12:02 Beamer

Creston wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 18:49:
Beamer wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 16:31:
Wait, I'm describing what I do on Kickstarter all the time. Or used to, at this point I have one project clearly DOA on Kickstarter and several (non-game) projects headed that way, so I've reigned back significantly.

Out of curiosity, what projects are you talking about?

Creston

The only game is Blink. It was supposed to be out in March, but slipped. They were modest about funding and ran out, and have since gone back to their day jobs, with Blink being a side project. They never reached out to the larger backers who were supposed to be contributing something. They haven't updated since June, which just said "we're out of money, we're not going to be working as much, we hope to have it done but..."

None of the other projects were game related. Two were "fashion," and one was a pen. I think I've already mentioned the guy (an acquaintance of a friend) that got many thousands of dollars for "artisinal sauerkraut" only to put out a panicky message a few weeks back "Does anyone know where I can buy organic cabbage? Everyone is telling me it's past season!" Those people will never see their sauerkraut...

-------------

43. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 31, 2012, 11:57 Beamer

Bhruic wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 19:02:
Season Passes make perfect sense, but not at 25% off. I'm not giving someone money for something that may suck before I'm even...

Wait, I'm describing what I do on Kickstarter all the time.

Really? You make a point of giving people money on Kickstarter when they haven't even described what the project is, or what you are going to get for your money?

We know the DLC is "more Borderlands 2."
I'd argue that this is better information about the quality of the DLC than you get on 99% of the Kickstarters out there.

And yes, ASeven, I know you view Kickstarter as "OMG we will never get these games if we don't fund them!" but I still disagree. This isn't the only option for funding, outside of awful games by terrible people that shouldn't be funded, this is merely the easiest option for funding.

-------------

42. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 31, 2012, 08:31 ASeven

in my case, it's not the DLC season pass I'm against but rather wanting to play the game with all the DLC so I can enjoy the full experience. That forces me to have to wait for the GotY edition since the DLC on Borderlands 1 were significant enough to increase the game's world.  

41. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 31, 2012, 06:48 Prez

Dragon Age 2's visual style was far and away the least of its problems...  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

40. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 31, 2012, 04:41 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 03:44:
the cartoony visual style

Everything else aside I really don't get why some people hate visuals with a stylized look like this. I thought Dragon Age: Origins looked fucking boring, brown and grey Tolkien blowjob of the highest order. DA2, say whatever else you want about it, looked fresh, vibrant and beautiful.

Just opinions of course, but it seems like PC gamers in general want brown fantasy or nothing.

39. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 31, 2012, 03:44 Jerykk

Bhruic wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 00:11:
I'm sure people were thinking the same thing about Dragon Age 2. Being a sequel doesn't automatically mean good. And even if it is (which I hope), that doesn't indicate what they'll be putting into DLCs.

If people want to take the risk, by all means, go ahead, but it seems a bit foolish to jump into pre-buying undetailed DLC for a game that you haven't even played yet.

Who thought that DA2 was going to be good? The more information they released on the game, the more people got pissed off. The inability to customize your companions' gear, the dialogue wheels with VO, the inability to choose your character's race or origin, the cartoony visual style, the lack of story continuation from DAO, the more "visceral and action-packed" approach to combat, the obvious console lead SKU, the reduced camera mobility, the focus on a single locale, the short dev cycle... the signs were all there before the game was released. Borderlands 2, on the other hand, looks to be just more of what people liked about Borderlands. I haven't seen a single controversial design change.

38. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 31, 2012, 00:12 TurdFergasun

JoeNapalm wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 10:25:
I will gladly pay you today for a hamburger next tuesday.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

fixed

37. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 31, 2012, 00:11 Bhruic

I'm sure people were thinking the same thing about Dragon Age 2. Being a sequel doesn't automatically mean good. And even if it is (which I hope), that doesn't indicate what they'll be putting into DLCs.

If people want to take the risk, by all means, go ahead, but it seems a bit foolish to jump into pre-buying undetailed DLC for a game that you haven't even played yet.

36. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 23:52 Jerykk

If the original game was any indication, Borderlands 2 will have fairly substantial DLC of average to good quality. If you really liked Borderlands 1, you're probably going to enjoy Borderlands 2 as well. If that's the case, pre-ordering the DLC at a discount makes sense.  

35. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 19:55 ASeven

Season Passes make perfect sense, but not at 25% off. I'm not giving someone money for something that may suck before I'm even...

No facepalm is big enough to describe this quote.

34. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 19:35 Blackhawk

Really. It is an opportunity to pre-order expansions based on previous developer/series knowledge. You don't trust their content? Great - buy it after it is released, reviews are out, and Steam has it on sale. It isn't some dark corporate conspiracy either way.  

33. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 19:30 StingingVelvet

Some people know they want all the DLC no matter what, either because they trust the developer or love the franchise. I would have paid for a season pass for Skyrim or Fallout: New Vegas, easily. Those people save some cash using this method, which is cool.

Not sure? Don't buy. Simple.

32. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 19:02 Bhruic

Really? You make a point of giving people money on Kickstarter when they haven't even described what the project is, or what you are going to get for your money?

31. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 18:49 Creston

Wait, I'm describing what I do on Kickstarter all the time. Or used to, at this point I have one project clearly DOA on Kickstarter and several (non-game) projects headed that way, so I've reigned back significantly.

Out of curiosity, what projects are you talking about?

Creston

30. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 17:54 Prez

Who in their rights mind would risk wasting 30 bucks for the prospect of maybe saving 10? Baffling...  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo