Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Season Pass

2K Games announces a Season Pass program for Borderlands 2, which will allow gamers to secure four upcoming add-on campaigns for Gearbox Software's upcoming FPS/ARPG sequel for a one-time advance payment. They do not provide exact details on what the add-ons will offer, but say they will all be released by June 2013, and the season pass will reduce the cost of the four packs to around USD $30.00 instead of around $10.00 each. Season passes will go on sale when the game is released in North America on September 18th and internationally on September 21st.

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

29. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 17:51 Beamer

Julio wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 17:22:
Wetworks wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 17:16:
That only applies to day 1 dlc, I have no problem with dlc produced after the game ships.

Why would they need to produce DLC after if they presell it all? They can produce it up front, then release it over the next year.

But then they can't react to feedback and the content will absolutely feel dated by release.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 17:28 eRe4s3r

Bhruic wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 15:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 15:11:
In this case, the season pass is even a complete joke. At least EA has the right idea giving you ALL DLC for 1 price or you can wait and buy what you want.

Well, not just that, at least EA had the right idea in that they actually announced what DLC you'd be getting (ok, I think they had 1 unannounced, but the majority were). With no idea what I'd get from this, there's no way I'd consider dropping money on it.

Yeah, but I guess that's why it's just announced, not actually.. to buy anywhere yet. But even so I am not sure announcing this BEFORE release is a smart move nor whether that was properly worded. Currently the news reads as if the season pass is essentially just a glorified coupon.. that you have to buy but that doesn't include any DLC by itself. Like who buys a rebate for something he might not even want to buy?

27. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 17:22 Julio

Wetworks wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 17:16:
That only applies to day 1 dlc, I have no problem with dlc produced after the game ships.

Why would they need to produce DLC after if they presell it all? They can produce it up front, then release it over the next year.

26. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 17:16 Wetworks

Julio wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 16:56:
So you take 25% of the content out of the game, then sell it to us for an additional $30.00. So we pay more for the same game we would have gotten in the first place.

This is a good deal how?

That only applies to day 1 dlc, I have no problem with dlc produced after the game ships. I rarely buy dlc, the only dlc I felt was worth it was Borderlands and Fallout dlc.

25. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 17:08 Cutter

I like Borderline by Madonna.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

24. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 16:56 Julio

So you take 25% of the content out of the game, then sell it to us for an additional $30.00. So we pay more for the same game we would have gotten in the first place.

This is a good deal how?

23. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 16:31 Beamer

Season Passes make perfect sense, but not at 25% off. I'm not giving someone money for something that may suck before I'm even...

Wait, I'm describing what I do on Kickstarter all the time. Or used to, at this point I have one project clearly DOA on Kickstarter and several (non-game) projects headed that way, so I've reigned back significantly.

I'd consider buying these packs for $15. No more. Given that I'm pretty sure I won't buy a single one, that's as much as I'd spend. Even 50% off feels like a bad value to me.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

22. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 15:58 DangerDog

Lacking details, I'm not interested in PvP for this game for example. Extending the single player portion is fine but what kind of content are we talking about?

Maybe they'll sell this "Season Pass" on sites like Green Man Gaming where you can most often knock an extra 20% off the price with a code.

21. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 15:48 Bhruic

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 15:11:
In this case, the season pass is even a complete joke. At least EA has the right idea giving you ALL DLC for 1 price or you can wait and buy what you want.

Well, not just that, at least EA had the right idea in that they actually announced what DLC you'd be getting (ok, I think they had 1 unannounced, but the majority were). With no idea what I'd get from this, there's no way I'd consider dropping money on it.

20. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 15:44 Armengar

nah, im a real cheapskate, i'll buy it on steam sale in 2013 then the dlc the year after loads of games to play in the mean time.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

19. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 15:41 fawker

I can't shake the feeling I'm getting the same content I use to, for a premium additional price with a lot of this DLC.

Really a buzzkill.

18. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 15:11 eRe4s3r

Sure it will, obviously benefits you.. and so.. you shouldn't really care what benefits anyone else but you.

I am not even joking. If you do this and you are not the only one doing it at some point companies will learn... maybe.

17. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 14:53 ASeven

CrimsonPaw wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 14:49:
Yeah .... I want to play this game but am willing to wait for the $7.50 GOTY version like I did with the first Borderlands.

Yeah, same here. The game will undoubtedly be a whole lot better with all the DLC than without it so I'll wait for the GotY version.

All this DLC piling up on good games only makes me want to wait for the cheaper GotY at a discount bin and that won't benefit anyone in the end.

16. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 14:49 CrimsonPaw

Yeah .... I want to play this game but am willing to wait for the $7.50 GOTY version like I did with the first Borderlands.  
~~Crim~~

15. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 13:13 eRe4s3r

In a game like Skyrim.. yes, if it were done properly.. but just adoption and then the butt ugly children models from native game? No thanks

And only 2 age stages... now if it were realistic, why not? Babysitting virtual children sure as hell beats real children any day.

14. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 13:10 PHJF

I'm pretty sure one of the DLCs will let you build a house and adopt children.

That shit sounds fun, right?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 13:07 Beelzebud

Yay for $90.00 games!  

12. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 12:54 DG

Yeah... I think I'll wait to save more than 25% in the Steam sale.

By which point I may have already decided to save up to 100% as I'll have a good idea on quality.

I think I already took a bit of a gamble pre-ordering this game, now they want me to double-up and the odds aren't good even if they do have the best of intentions. The extent of their rush to cash in is leading me to question my pre-order.

11. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 12:32 Yakubs

Ew, what a terrible deal. They should be ashamed of themselves.  

10. Re: Borderlands 2 Season Pass Aug 30, 2012, 11:58 Creston

So, ten bucks off four DLCs, while not knowing what they are? Yeah, I'll pass, thanks.

To be fair, some of the borderlands 1 DLC was awesome, but there were also some really weak ones in there. So if I wind up only picking up two of the four, I'd lose money on this.

Creston

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo