Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: etc., etc. Aug 29, 2012, 12:52 Creston

Sepharo wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 02:53:
NegaDeath wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 02:40:
We should probably make sure this guy and Schilling don't start a business venture together, they might take down the global economy.

Schilling funding, Perlman managing, Molyneux designing, Broussard playing WoW, Paul Christoforo marketing, Derek Smart doing customer relations, and Jack Thompson on legal. OnLive's back!

That made me snort milk all over my keyboard. Especially when you mentioned Derek Smart.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: etc., etc. Aug 29, 2012, 12:24 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 08:39:
reisub wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 05:25:
We should probably make sure this guy and Schilling don't start a business venture together, they might take down the global economy.

Schilling funding, Perlman managing, Molyneux designing, Broussard playing WoW, Paul Christoforo marketing, Derek Smart doing customer relations, and Jack Thompson on legal. OnLive's back!
There's got to be a spot for Romero there.

And Roper.

But a pretty pink bow on it:

Kardashians doing the commercials for the service.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: etc., etc. Aug 29, 2012, 08:39 nin

reisub wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 05:25:

And Roper.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

12. Re: etc., etc. Aug 29, 2012, 05:48 Julio

Love them not paying any severance, the employees should have burned that MF down...  

11. Re: etc., etc. Aug 29, 2012, 05:25 reisub

10. Re: etc., etc. Aug 29, 2012, 02:53 Sepharo

9. Re: etc., etc. Aug 29, 2012, 02:40 NegaDeath

8. Re: etc., etc. Aug 29, 2012, 00:57 Creston

Dev wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 23:21:
From the onlive article:

Two Fridays ago, Steve Perlman told the 200 employees of cloud gaming company OnLive that it was all his fault. He thanked them for their hard work, and then he had HR show them the door with no severance pay.

Then, through a legal insolvency tool, Perlman transferred all of OnLive’s assets to a brand new company and took over as CEO, hiring back only a skeleton crew to keep the ship afloat.
[...]
OnLive never made any money, and it was burning through as much as $5 million a month. As Perlman himself explained during the fateful all-hands meeting, the company had deployed thousands of servers that were sitting unused, and only ever had 1,600 concurrent users of the service worldwide.
[...]
OnLive needed a physical machine for each concurrent player
[...]
Perlman told EA he wanted exclusivity
[...]
When EA refused, Perlman ordered his staff to remove all EA titles from OnLive.

I just love it. "Everyone will play games this way!" said the blowhard cockbag. I guess not, eh, Perlman? I think the funniest one in that, though, is him telling EA he wanted exclusivity. "If you want to be on my Gaming-Of-The-Future system, I can be the only one to carry your titles! I have 1600 concurrent users! you're not allowed to be on Gaikai!"

Even the idiots at EA can see that that's just fucking insane.

Edit : I take that back. THIS is my favorite quote : "OnLive was a media darling from day one"

Gaming media -> Bunch of fucking morons.

Creston

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2012, 01:06.

7. Re: etc., etc. Aug 29, 2012, 00:06 Sepharo

"We had single-digit income a lot of days after launch,"
Missed one Dev

6. Re: etc., etc. Aug 28, 2012, 23:31 NegaDeath

Another blowhard drives a gaming company into the ground, shame.  

5. Re: etc., etc. Aug 28, 2012, 23:21 Dev

From the onlive article:

Two Fridays ago, Steve Perlman told the 200 employees of cloud gaming company OnLive that it was all his fault. He thanked them for their hard work, and then he had HR show them the door with no severance pay.

Then, through a legal insolvency tool, Perlman transferred all of OnLive’s assets to a brand new company and took over as CEO, hiring back only a skeleton crew to keep the ship afloat.
[...]
OnLive never made any money, and it was burning through as much as $5 million a month. As Perlman himself explained during the fateful all-hands meeting, the company had deployed thousands of servers that were sitting unused, and only ever had 1,600 concurrent users of the service worldwide.
[...]
OnLive needed a physical machine for each concurrent player
[...]
Perlman told EA he wanted exclusivity
[...]
When EA refused, Perlman ordered his staff to remove all EA titles from OnLive.

4. Re: etc., etc. Aug 28, 2012, 21:46 ColoradoHoudini

I am glad that Anet is keeping the GW environment idiot free. It's a great game, and I want the community to be as good as the game is.

Having said that- some people are reporting being banned by going AFK in big Dynamic Event areas and just collecting XP for doing nothing. Intentional or not, I like seeing Anet take a quick stance. Hopefully it all gets resolved without issue on the user end if it's a legit mistake.

3. Re: etc., etc. Aug 28, 2012, 21:39 Sepharo

nin wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 20:19:
OnLive lost: how the paradise of streaming games was undone by one man's ego…

This looks wonderfully juicy...

Makes it seem like Gaikai (via Perlman's rage) had a lot to do with it. That's good since it's the better idea anyway. Nobody wants to pay for games that play with inferior quality, but if it's a free demo, sure why not.

2. Re: etc., etc. Aug 28, 2012, 20:19 nin

OnLive lost: how the paradise of streaming games was undone by one man's ego…

This looks wonderfully juicy...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: etc., etc. Aug 28, 2012, 20:19 Fion

Lol funniest article I've read all week. Sad, racist, rude on the part of the offenders, but oh so funny to read Anet put these people in their place.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo