Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced

The Bethesda Blog announces Hearthfire, a DLC pack coming to the Xbox 360 edition of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on September 4th. The announcement does not mention other platforms, but this and Dawnguard were both announced as 30-day Xbox exclusives, so this is not unexpected. This short trailer accompanies this announcement:

With Skyrimís newest game add-on, Hearthfire, you can purchase land and build your own home from the ground up Ė from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with an armory, alchemy laboratory, stable, garden, and more. Use all-new tools like the drafting table and carpenterís workbench to transform quarried stone, clay, and sawn logs into structures and furnishings. Even transform your house into a home by adopting children.

Hearthfire releases on Xbox LIVE next week (September 4th) for 400 Microsoft Points.

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

40. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 29, 2012, 10:22 eRe4s3r

Haha, for that you first have to actually be able to do EVIL. And for there to be evil, someone would have to REACT to your evilness, not just to your general bad-assery in doing this or that grand thing over there.

There is no evil, when nobody is good either. And apart from the almighty dovakin there is NILL competition to your heroicness. Everyone else just stands around and hopes that you solve their problems for nothing. Literally, nothing. Most quests don't even have proper rewards.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 29, 2012, 05:23 InBlack

gilly775 wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 14:31:
WTF is this????? If I wanted to play a game where I build my house, I'd play the Sims!

Bring on the death and destruction of Skyrim and other lands!!!!

Hear hear! I concur 100%. Some of the best (side) quests in Skyrim involved doing the bidding of the dark daedra lords. They were pitifuly short though. A full expansion along those lines would be most welcome, becoming an evil champion of a Daedra prince would be fucking awesome!

I have a nifty blue line!

38. Re: Seriously?! Aug 29, 2012, 05:13 JohnBirshire

That's not really true. Bethesda released The Shivering Isles expansion in response to the crappy micro-DLC they released before. The Fallout 3 DLC was also relatively substantial and some of it was actually pretty good (Broken Steel, The Pitt and Point Lookout specifically). Hearthfire is a significant departure from the trend set by Fallout 3.

I wasn't arguing that Oblivion never had any good expansions, of course not. I was arguing that after releasing a magnificently successful game, they shouldn't immediately follow it up with lackluster content. This unfortunately just makes people quickly lose interest in DLC for the game, and move on. I think they should have waited and let their first post-release content be something far more significant.

37. Re: Seriously?! Aug 29, 2012, 03:01 Jerykk

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 00:25:
These add-ons have been completely unimaginative, and are a complete waste of potential. Did they outsource this?!

Apparently absolutely nothing was learned after "horse armor".

That's not really true. Bethesda released The Shivering Isles expansion in response to the crappy micro-DLC they released before. The Fallout 3 DLC was also relatively substantial and some of it was actually pretty good (Broken Steel, The Pitt and Point Lookout specifically). Hearthfire is a significant departure from the trend set by Fallout 3.

36. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 29, 2012, 01:15 wtf_man

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 15:51:
That'd be nice.. but sounds like wishful thinking
Of course it is wishful thinking!

35. Seriously?! Aug 29, 2012, 00:25 JohnBirshire

These add-ons have been completely unimaginative, and are a complete waste of potential. Did they outsource this?!

Apparently absolutely nothing was learned after "horse armor".

34. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 29, 2012, 00:03 Rea1One

here we go all over again!  

33. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 23:50 Acleacius

Adopt hell, if I'm paying to raise and house them, there's gonna be bedding involved in the production!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

32. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 23:15 Jerykk

Sooo... can we go back to expansion packs? Please?

Also, why do we have to adopt children? Why we can't we just produce them naturally? I want see what kind of half-breed Argonian/Khajitt abominations I can deliver unto the world!

31. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 20:27 PHJF

Really wishing Skyrim would get an actual expansion... I just played Dawnguard and while the Vale was fine, the Soul Cairn (one of the only two new zones in Dawnguard) was fucking awful. Half of Dawnguard has you questing through the same-old Skyrim, and since I was a Dawnguard Mage I didn't even get to use the new skill trees. All I got was a crossbow, and I was pretty pissed the game's sole meaningful companion is a vampire regardless of whether you fight for or against the vampires.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

30. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 18:04 LittleMe

Bethesda, sure go ahead and sell this for the console crowd but damn, you promised big DLC packs and this doesn't seem like it to me. It has many quest bugs and many other bugs too but Skryim is already looking like abandon-ware. You abandon every game you make like clockwork.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

29. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 17:50 CJ_Parker

Tanto Edge wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 16:08:
Gawrsh, it sure wud be niiice if thum thurrsixty playurs could do whut we do.

Dude. You really shouldn't speak with ya mouth full ya know?!

28. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 17:25 bjack

From the makers of Horse Armor, now buy House Armor.

27. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 16:32 Dades

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 13:58:
This is why I like to wait until there is a nice big bundle. Includes everything and the DLCs are actually nice to have on a first playthrough.

my .02

My thoughts exactly. $20 for Dawnguard and $5 for this is comical. I will pay $20 for all of the DLC packs later.

26. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 16:08 Tanto Edge

Gawrsh, it sure wud be niiice if thum thurrsixty playurs could do whut we do.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

25. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 16:01 Blackhawk

I've already played this. It has been available as a mod for quite some time, and for free.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18480

24. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 15:51 eRe4s3r

That'd be nice.. but sounds like wishful thinking  

23. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 15:51 wtf_man

Dev wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 15:41:
MS must be paying a lot for exclusive to make beth wait on other platforms.

Or maybe they are just waiving the patch fees.

I think it'd be great if they had a big DLC project going on all along, and were putting out these smaller DLC's to satisfy MS's exclusive deals. Then blamo... A nice big Expansion / DLC worth a shit, that they can release to everyone at the same time!

22. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 15:41 Dev

MS must be paying a lot for exclusive to make beth wait on other platforms.

Or maybe they are just waiving the patch fees.

21. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 15:40 Beelzebud

I'll pass on playing House.

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo