Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Miner Wars Arena Released

The Miner Wars Arena Website now offers Miner Wars Arena, a fast-paced Windows and OS X top-down arcade game inspired by the classic Tunneler that serves as a "little brother" for Miner Wars 2081. If this comes as a surprise, that's intentional, as this has apparently been a "super secret" project all along. Here's the deal:

Keen Software House is pleased to announce the release of super-secret project: Miner Wars Arena, ďlittle brotherĒ to Miner Wars 2081.

I am delighted to announce the release of Miner Wars Arena, our new fast-paced arcade game inspired by the PC gaming classic, Tunneler. It features a state-of-the-art top-down view, 2.5D gameplay in a fully destructible environment, and on the edge split-screen out of the box. Itís a total blast! You really need to try it: http://arena.minerwars.com

Miner Wars Arena was a bit of a surprise to everyone. It wasnít planned at first. But I was tempted by an idea of making a little brother to the six-degrees-of-freedom Miner Wars 2081. I figured that 2.5D top-down gameplay would be easier for players to understand and orient themselves within.

In the end we decided it would be best to create two completely separate games: 2081 and Arena. I believe this was the right decision, because now we have the best of both worlds.

When I sent the prototype of Miner Wars Arena to our investors, however, they were a little upset with me. Why? Because they didnít get any work done that day! They spent the whole day playing our game! Thatís how addictive it is...

You must see for yourself! This game will bring you to your roots! Even if you're under the age of 18, and don't really have video game roots that go far enough to feel it will bring you to your roots, that's how rooted you'll feel! Miner Wars Arena is available for both Windows and Mac, but perhaps if people nagged us about it we might figure a way to put it on your phone.

Warning: You might get bad grades at school over it... you might abandon your old friend solitaire... and please remember to feed your pets!

Itís Pirateable generously DRM-free and itís only $9.99!

Soon to be available on major distribution sites: Steam, Desura, Gamestop, OnLive, Mac App Store, etc. Platforms: Windows and Mac

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Miner Wars Arena Released Aug 29, 2012, 04:01 saluk

The real game feels like vaporware at this point, actually it's felt like that for like a year or more. And no I'm really not interested in some side game you make to extract more cash when the first game hasn't been receiving good faith updates.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Miner Wars Arena Released Aug 28, 2012, 18:05 Asmo

I plonked down cash for this game last year to support it and I'm still waiting on a decent build while they piss time away on 'super secret' projects... =\

If you're going to ask for pre-pays to support dev work during the build, the least one should do is apply oneself to finishing that game first...

2. Re: Miner Wars Arena Released Aug 28, 2012, 17:12 SectorEffector

Creston wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 13:15:
Here's the thing about super-secret little projects: Nobody buys them, because knows about them.

Creston

Too indie for its own good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

1. Re: Miner Wars Arena Released Aug 28, 2012, 13:15 Creston

Here's the thing about super-secret little projects: Nobody buys them, because knows about them.

Creston

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo