Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's the list of the 10 bestselling games on Valve's Steam service for the week:

1. Counter Strike: Global Offensive
  2. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Ediiton
  3. Arma II Complete Edition
  4. Sleeping Dogs
  5. Borderlands 2
  6. War of the Roses
  7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  8. Darksiders 2
  9. Just Cause 2
  10. The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

View
90 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 16:35 Dades

a7m2 wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 16:26:
From Software did a great job with this port, considering all the circumstances

The software simply running on a computer does not a good port make.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 16:35 Leper

I agree that the dark souls port is very good. It's exactly the same game as the consoles got, plus the extra DLC, for less money. The only problem with port was the resolution and that has been fixed with the mod (version .4 fixes the Depth of Field resolution). I can't comment on mouse/keyboard control as I am not stupid enough to try that.  

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 16:26 a7m2

Honestly I can only laugh at people bashing DaS port. What exactly is wrong with it? Use a goddamn controller, this game was meant to play via controller. From Software did a great job with this port, considering all the circumstances, I was afraid it's going to be quite bad to be honest. But it's not. The resolution fix is also available free of charge and takes exactly 1 minute to install and configure.  

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 15:56 netnerd85

I bought two games this weekend thanks to Green Man Gaming, Sleeping Dogs and Dark Souls. Both seem to be very good games so far.  

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 15:46 Gipson

well, to all the naysayers about Dark Souls...
doing better than Darksiders 2

i pre-ordered it from GMG and have only played Demon Souls for 15mins but this game is great despite the poor KB/M controls and vanilla looks

the DSFix is a godsend but if you're a laptop Nvidia user like i am then the fix will only use your integrated card and not your dedicated

need a fix for that so bad!!

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 15:34 nin

hey'd be able to recall Dark Souls outselling Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2 on Steam

To be fair, those games come out two weeks ago...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 15:31 jacobvandy

ASeven wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 13:56:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 13:53:
Well, SOMEBODY'S buying Dark Souls...

Can't blame them. If the port had gotten a bit more effort I would have jumped on it too. As it is I rather skip a great game and a terrible port rather than encourage publishers and developers to not make any effort whatsoever when porting to PC.

On the other hand, it could be encouraging these guys to put future games on PC when they otherwise wouldn't bother. If they're aware enough to notice that there's a good amount of people wanting a PC version, you can be damn sure they're aware of the criticism of the port. We're not talking about Activision or Ubisoft here, I think FROM has earned some benefit of the doubt by creating these fucking awesome games.

If Namco Bandai said this time around, "Okay fine, we'll put it on PC but we're doing so as cheaply as possible because we don't know if it will sell," then next time they'd be able to recall Dark Souls outselling Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2 on Steam and maybe decide to invest some more into the platform. If they don't, then screw 'em, we gave them their shot. You can be cynical if you want and choose negative reinforcement, but I think positive might work better in this situation.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 14:56 Aero

I was waiting for the PC version, but it seems I'd be just as well served by buying a secondhand copy of the PS3 version.  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 13:56 ASeven

jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2012, 13:53:

Can't blame them. If the port had gotten a bit more effort I would have jumped on it too. As it is I rather skip a great game and a terrible port rather than encourage publishers and developers to not make any effort whatsoever when porting to PC.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2012, 13:53 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

90 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo