Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Previews

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 28, 2012, 08:32 Pankin

Optional nickname wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 12:34:
Gaming as of 2012+ and beyond, is serious business, revenue exceeds all other entertainment forms, combined.

There is no stopping publishers, that gaming will cost gamers, eventually, what a meal costs. Have fun playing your favorite games, at $50/day, come 10 years from now, young gamers of today.

It will come to a point, where the mob will take over, and gaming publishers will start assassinating each other, if it imposes a threat on their empire, much like pharmaceutical, automotive, nuclear, areas have in the past.

If you want to relive free gaming, I highly suggest you buy a Commodore Amiga 500 / 2000 from Ebay , as that will be an expensive collectors item, and might even be confiscated, as free gaming come near future, will be a threat to Americas homeland security.

The next era of gaming however, better be fucking worth our dollars, and not what Diablo 3 is, if you want our money, fine, take some, but deliver!

Cuckoo!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 27, 2012, 12:34 Optional nickname

Gaming as of 2012+ and beyond, is serious business, revenue exceeds all other entertainment forms, combined.

There is no stopping publishers, that gaming will cost gamers, eventually, what a meal costs. Have fun playing your favorite games, at $50/day, come 10 years from now, young gamers of today.

It will come to a point, where the mob will take over, and gaming publishers will start assassinating each other, if it imposes a threat on their empire, much like pharmaceutical, automotive, nuclear, areas have in the past.

If you want to relive free gaming, I highly suggest you buy a Commodore Amiga 500 / 2000 from Ebay , as that will be an expensive collectors item, and might even be confiscated, as free gaming come near future, will be a threat to Americas homeland security.

The next era of gaming however, better be fucking worth our dollars, and not what Diablo 3 is, if you want our money, fine, take some, but deliver!

8. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 27, 2012, 11:16 Creston

Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 09:50:
I have to agree with others, ultimately SC has always been an offline experience for me and I don't really care to share cities with my friends or whatever. There is really no valid reason they could not put in an offline mode.

Some games do not need online functionality or at least it provides little tangible benefit. This trend of inserting such a requirement under the guise of "its the future, everyone has internet now!!!!" is a transparent attempt to marry games to specific services and blah blah piracy blah.

Well, everyone jumping on the Diablo 3 wagon showed other publishers that people will happily swallow that BS always-online requirement, so it's not really that big a surprise that more and more publishers go that way?

Creston

7. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 27, 2012, 09:50 Verno

I have to agree with others, ultimately SC has always been an offline experience for me and I don't really care to share cities with my friends or whatever. There is really no valid reason they could not put in an offline mode.

Some games do not need online functionality or at least it provides little tangible benefit. This trend of inserting such a requirement under the guise of "its the future, everyone has internet now!!!!" is a transparent attempt to marry games to specific services and blah blah piracy blah.

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

6. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 27, 2012, 09:10 gilly775

ASeven wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 07:29:
FalconerHG wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 05:32:
Hi ASeven,

I'm the author of the SC article and got to play it at Gamescom. I completely understand your concerns, but from what I've seen, the game is quite complete without DLC and the online part is actually quite a lot of fun. You can team up online with friends to build cities that complement each other, using a different focus for each city so you can specialize in what you want and still benefit from the specialization of your friend(s). It's really well done.

Of course EA - will - milk the DLC something fierce, but at this point, I think you can largely ignore it.

Problem is, I don't want to team up with friends, why would I? SimCity has always been an offline single player experience, why should I be forced to go online to play the game in a way I have not asked nor do not want?

Unless SC5 has a solid offline mode or rather, a solid single player mode without forcing us to go online I will not be touching this.

I had thought I read somewhere that the game was online only with no SP component, but that could have changed too.

5. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 27, 2012, 07:29 ASeven

FalconerHG wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 05:32:
Hi ASeven,

I'm the author of the SC article and got to play it at Gamescom. I completely understand your concerns, but from what I've seen, the game is quite complete without DLC and the online part is actually quite a lot of fun. You can team up online with friends to build cities that complement each other, using a different focus for each city so you can specialize in what you want and still benefit from the specialization of your friend(s). It's really well done.

Of course EA - will - milk the DLC something fierce, but at this point, I think you can largely ignore it.

Problem is, I don't want to team up with friends, why would I? SimCity has always been an offline single player experience, why should I be forced to go online to play the game in a way I have not asked nor do not want?

Unless SC5 has a solid offline mode or rather, a solid single player mode without forcing us to go online I will not be touching this.

4. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 27, 2012, 06:39 eRe4s3r

The question is, can we play offline? Because I do not, EVER, want to play Sim City Online...  

3. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 27, 2012, 05:32 FalconerHG

Hi ASeven,

2. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 26, 2012, 15:43 Quboid

I just hope it's not some F2P bollocks where each building costs $4.99 to unlock.  

- Quboid

1. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 26, 2012, 13:44 ASeven

The more I hear about SC5 the less inclined I am to buy it. SC4+RH is the best SC around for me and SC5 is shaping up to be what the new FPS Syndicate was to the old game, a travesty of what made the original series great.

Making a singleplayer game online only is just utter insane and the fact that the Origin store is already showing that SC5 comes with tons of DLC for their more expensive editions tells me SC5 is going the way of The Sims with a DLC store. No thanks. Not to mention the Deluxe SC5 edition costs $90 over here.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo