Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week

The Torchlight II Website has one of those announcements of an upcoming announcement, saying they will unveil a release date for the action/RPG sequel on Friday at PAX Prime. They say the announcement will come in the morning, and that they will be giving show attendees the chance to play the game, and will also be participating in a panel on the future of PC gaming and holding a Torchlight II cosplay contest. Thanks Mr. Tact.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

21. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 21:40 Bob

Now, admittedly, most of this could be due to the fact that I didn't have to log into some server to play Torchlight,

I think this is being overlooked by the publishers. Of course, they already have my money, so they probably don't care, but I just want to start playing right away.

With D3 (plus other titles), it's a hassle. I have to start a launcher, but sometimes the launcher has to update, sometimes the game has to update, sometimes I have to restart the launcher, then I have to go through another interface to choose my character and then I sometimes have to enter my authenticator code and then I can start playing. Well, except this weekend. My old phone had died, so I got a new phone and tried to log in with the authenticator app, but no go, so I tried to log in to battle.net, but the authenticator didn't work there either. Sigh. After a few FAQ pages, I figured out what was up. Somehow I got the old phone working long enough to generate a working code and quickly logged into my battle.net profile to add the new phone. After that, I started the whole process of logging into the game again, but after all that, I just couldn't bring myself to grind through D3 for any length of time, especially since my progress won't be saved if I don't make it to one of the 'magic' spots. Maybe it was a bad night, but for some reason, it just seemed like a whole lot of work to get to the point of playing a game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 21:12 ASeven

Prez wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 20:38:
1AngryGamer wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 19:13:
Torchlight was for 12 year olds. I doubt this will be any better

Guess I'm a 12 year-old then, cause I dug it.

Prez, gimmick account. Better if ignored altogether. Just look at the username and his posting history.

19. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 21:08 .Drifter

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 17:50:
nin wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 16:36:
Julio wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 16:31:
Here's to hoping that this game is much better than TL1 and D3.

Topping D3 won't be hard. TL1 wasn't perfect, but it was fun, and I hope 2 is even better.

I'd actually be very surprised if TL2 was better than D3 even in its current state seeing how sorry TL1 was

I spent more time playing, and had more fun, with Torchlight in the first two weeks after it came out than I have had with Diablo III since release. Now, admittedly, most of this could be due to the fact that I didn't have to log into some server to play Torchlight, as opposed to D3 where I did, and for the first two weeks, and about two weeks more, I was consistently and frequently going over 1K ping, which pretty much rendered the game unplayable. In fact, the only way I could get ping low enough to play was by switching from the American servers to the European ones, which stayed rather consistently at 200 ping, give or take.
Given my experience with D3, I'd go with it being the sorry game.
(Starting to wonder about my auto correct, it's making some strange choices lately)

18. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 20:38 Prez

Guess I'm a 12 year-old then, cause I dug it.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

17. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 20:01 Julio

Slashman wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 19:52:

Who was D3 for?

10 year olds?

16. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 19:54 Fibrocyte

Sometimes this News site feels like a Not News site.  

15. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 19:52 Slashman

Who was D3 for?

14. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 19:34 deqer

TL2 is different than TL1. It is much much better. Just ask the Veterans of TL1 that played the Beta of TL2.

13. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 19:31 Mr. Tact

Torchlight was for 12 year olds.
Pfft. I've been living like a teenager for decades now. Adulthood is for the birds!

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

12. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 19:13 Angrius Maximis

11. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 18:55 Stanly Manly

Prez wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 18:46:
Torchlight was flawed but still awesome. Can't wait for TL2. But I have to say that I am sick of the "Announcing there will be an announcement about a future announcement!!!" crap that is so prevalent these days.

I hear ya. That was my first thought as well... "ugh, another pre-announcement announcement."

For the price I paid for the original Torchlight, it was a hell of a great game (think I got it for $5). I'll certainly pick up TL2 if they didn't royally screw things up.

10. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 18:46 Prez

Torchlight was flawed but still awesome. Can't wait for TL2. But I have to say that I am sick of the "Announcing there will be an announcement about a future announcement!!!" crap that is so prevalent these days.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 18:26 Slashman

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 17:50:

Topping D3 won't be hard. TL1 wasn't perfect, but it was fun, and I hope 2 is even better.

I'd actually be very surprised if TL2 was better than D3 even in its current state seeing how sorry TL1 was

I dunno...the ability to actually choose what skills I want to take at a given level rather than someone telling me what I should be using would be a huge advantage all on it's own. Oh and not having someone else tell me what stats I'm taking...you know...because I might get it wrong. Rolleyes

8. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 17:50 dj LiTh

7. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 17:15 Mr. Tact

Rats! Didn't figure I'd get credit for submitting this but I was hoping.

Here's to hoping the game is well worth playing. Pleased

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

6. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 16:36 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 16:31 Julio

4. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 16:16 nin

If would be badass if they launched it like the next day. I doubt Steam can keep a secret, however...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 16:00 dj LiTh

I hated TL1, but i'm hoping TL2 is good, if only to light a fire under blizz's developers and cause some personel changes.  

2. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 15:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Excellent, looking forward to playing TL2.

They have a great chance to grab the ARPG spotlight, with the many issues D3 has had. Hopefully TL2 ends up being amazing.

ps. For the record, I'm still playing D3.

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo