Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Armada Online Kickstarter

A new Kickstarter is underway for Armada Online, a science fiction-themed online action/RPG. If that sounds familiar, that's because this is revisiting a game announced seven years ago that has been operating in various forms since. They are looking to fund additional development for the game, and their goals include releasing the original into the public domain, re-writing it as a free PC game, and operating it out of the cloud. Here's word:

Armada Online is an action role-playing game, set in a colorful science fiction universe. You take command of a starship and battle hordes of biomechanical aliens. As you warp to different regions, you will engage in new challenges, such as summoning stations to defend against incoming waves, or fight in pvp arenas, or hunt elite aliens across star systems. Gain levels to allocate skill points, learn special skills, and customize your ship to take on more difficult challenges. An interesting thing about our game is that we started by making what is typically considered “the end game” and made it rewarding for players of different skill levels, so even in its present state, it is highly replayable and welcomes spontaneous/mixed groups with different play styles.

View
5. Re: Armada Online Kickstarter Aug 24, 2012, 21:05 LOC

jdreyer wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 20:25:
This isn't really my kind of game, but the fact that these guys are so bad at marketing makes me think that they'll be good at making the game. What they have looks pretty solid already, and it sounds like they have a well laid plans of what they want to build out.

Has anyone played what they currently have?

I've been playing it off and on for years (they've been making it for like, 4 or 5 years now I think lol) and it's pretty fun actually. Recently they've started alot more work on it, but there just aren't many players sadly. Taking on giant insect space ships in some of zones is really cool and with some high level guys with you, makes for some explosiony goodness.

I'd say give it a try, it's a fairly small download (like, 120 megs or so) and pretty stable (last I played anyway) for an "alpha". I just hope they can FINISH the game at some point and officially launch it.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 24, 18:35 Re: Armada Online Kickstarter Cutter
  2. Aug 24, 18:49  Re: Armada Online Kickstarter LOC
  3. Aug 24, 19:07   Re: Armada Online Kickstarter Wildone
  7. Aug 24, 23:31   Re: Armada Online Kickstarter eRe4s3r
  8. Aug 24, 23:53    Re: Armada Online Kickstarter Jerykk
  9. Aug 25, 01:56     Re: Armada Online Kickstarter mark
  10. Aug 25, 02:21      Re: Armada Online Kickstarter Jerykk
  11. Aug 25, 03:30       Re: Armada Online Kickstarter mark
  12. Aug 25, 05:48        Re: Armada Online Kickstarter eRe4s3r
  13. Aug 25, 06:40         Re: Armada Online Kickstarter LOC