Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer

A new trailer is online for XCOM: Enemy Unknown is titled "casualties of war," showing off more of the action/strategy revival in development at Firaxis. Word is: "As the commander of XCOM, the lives of the world's best operatives are in your hands. Soldiers will fall, but it's up to you to recruit, train, and advance their skills and capabilities to counter the alien attack and minimize your casualties of war."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Aug 27, 2012, 05:50 FalconerHG

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 15:39:
This is probably one of my more 'top games' that I'm looking forward to playing this year.
Hours and hours searching for that last damn alien hiding in a corner...

I'm afraid that's not in the books for the new Xcom. Maps felt very linear and smallish. Only played for an hour though, and it's possible that maps become bigger later on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Aug 27, 2012, 05:44 FalconerHG

Nope, the haven't. I've played the game at Gamescom (report here: http://www.hookedgamers.com/x360/xcom_enemy_unknown/preview/article-1066.html) and liked it, but it does not play like the traditional Xcom. It's your average turn-based tactical game, somewhat similar to that (pretty good) Warhammer game on PSP.

What I don't get is that they are marketing this as some sort of action game. I can't for the life of me fathom why anyone would try to push the game into that vertical, simply because it isn't. It is offputting to fans of the Xcom franchise and while it will lure action gamers in, it will disappoint them.

10. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Aug 25, 2012, 22:37 Jerykk

Curious to see how well this does, especially at the $60 price point. When 2K announced that they were releasing a turn-based strategy XCOM, I figured it would be a $15 downloadable game. Charging $60 is definitely risky in today's market but I'm glad that they took it. Hopefully the game lives up to the original.  

9. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Aug 25, 2012, 14:11 Numinar

Do you guys think that maybe, just maybe, these guys have pulled off something amazing here? Different, modern, a little flashy, but still amazing?

I'd go blast some sectoids now but even dosbox never seems to get the sounds/music/intro/gamespeed just right, and that annoys the hell out of me.

8. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Aug 25, 2012, 07:32 dj LiTh

STFU and take my money  

7. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Aug 24, 2012, 18:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 16:08:
I totally missed out on their cheap BL2 one though. $49.99 at the moment, not bad I guess.

Use code DERHE-RRDER-RINGE. Bam - $40.

Legal disclaimer: nin not responsible if GMG eats your credit card or destroys your steam account.

Ah nice, thanks! I'll try that when I get out of work and back on my real comp.

6. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Aug 24, 2012, 17:02 jdreyer

Cool enemy design and environments. I like the aliens that are mimicking humans. And the graphics look pretty nice.

Too bad the trailer doesn't show any actual gameplay, but I guess there are other trailers for that.

This could be a $60 purchase. Firaxis knows there stuff, and everything looks pretty good so far.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Aug 24, 2012, 16:08 nin

I totally missed out on their cheap BL2 one though. $49.99 at the moment, not bad I guess.

Use code DERHE-RRDER-RINGE. Bam - $40.

Legal disclaimer: nin not responsible if GMG eats your credit card or destroys your steam account.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Aug 24, 2012, 16:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Definitely want this, but what's the DRM situation going to be like, any official word?

Also, GMG is apparently pretty good on pre-order sales, I totally missed out on their cheap BL2 one though. $49.99 at the moment, not bad I guess.

3. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Aug 24, 2012, 15:39 The Half Elf

This is probably one of my more 'top games' that I'm looking forward to playing this year.
Hours and hours searching for that last damn alien hiding in a corner...

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Aug 24, 2012, 15:20 nin

Tumbler wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 15:05:
Looks worth a try...wonder how much....*checks amazon*...$59.99 for the pc version? Well I hope you're planning on offering discounts because that isn't going to work in my opinion.

In cases like these, gmg and their $15-$20 off comes in real handy. I'm waiting for them to offer a slight discount on dishonored and combine it with one of their usual coupons. I've gotten Deus Ex, Saints Row 3, Borderlands 2, Dead Island, and Sleeping Dogs and I didn't pay over $40 for any of them. Hell, I think DX was like $28, two months before launch.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Aug 24, 2012, 15:05 Tumbler

Looks worth a try...wonder how much....*checks amazon*...$59.99 for the pc version? Well I hope you're planning on offering discounts because that isn't going to work in my opinion.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo