Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2012, 15:21 nin

McAfee hasn't been good since they started making antivirus solutions for Windows 95.

I remember back then they had an app (I believe) called crashguard...and it literally tanked the OS.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2012, 15:10 shihonage

McAfee hasn't been good since they started making antivirus solutions for Windows 95.

I am continuously surprised they still exist.

Symantec Endpoint was a disappointment indeed, and I too use NOD32 now.

8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2012, 14:48 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 14:35:
We moved to forefront, and while it doesn't catch everything (and let's be honest, what does) it at least doesn't try and tie up huge amounts of proc time, like the previous.

I keep pushing to move to Forefront as it has worked out well on the development servers but some jackass tied us to a three year deal with Eset.

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2012, 14:35 nin

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 14:08:
My employer is glacially getting a clue. First they started off with Symantec Endpoint (total and absolute garbage), then they moved to McAfee (She's a BRICK...house) and now we're on NOD32 which, while still craptastic, is better than the previous two.

We moved to forefront, and while it doesn't catch everything (and let's be honest, what does) it at least doesn't try and tie up huge amounts of proc time, like the previous.

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2012, 14:08 Burrito of Peace

My employer is glacially getting a clue. First they started off with Symantec Endpoint (total and absolute garbage), then they moved to McAfee (She's a BRICK...house) and now we're on NOD32 which, while still craptastic, is better than the previous two.  

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2012, 14:02 Creston

How have they not had their asses sued off yet for all this bullshit?

Creston

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2012, 13:33 NegaDeath

How many PC's are Mcafee going to brick before they go out of business? It's just sad at this point.  

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2012, 12:53 nin

I had the exact same thought. My second thought is...they still have home and enterprise customers?

We finally (after many years or talk) dumped them this year at the office. If anyone asks me about AV, I go out of my way to explain why their should avoid crapafee.

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2012, 12:17 Julio

ldonyo wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 11:59:
Again? How many screwed up updates is that this year?

I had the exact same thought. My second thought is...they still have home and enterprise customers?

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2012, 11:59 ldonyo

Again? How many screwed up updates is that this year?  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo