Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sleeping Dogs Demo

The Sleeping Dogs page on Steam now offers a playable demo for this action/adventure from United Front Games. There aren't any details on the demo, but according to Rock, Paper, Shotgun, it "will let you play with the martial arts, street running, and rooftop jumping, then leaps ahead to a later level when you’re given a gun." Thanks nin.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 24, 2012, 23:49 Jerykk

nin wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 15:29:
And now $35 @ gmg with GMG30-AUGUS-TWINS (code only works with SD or Darksiders 2)

I wish it worked with Dishonored too. Oh well, I'm sure there will be at least a 25% off coupon before the game is released.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 24, 2012, 15:29 nin

And now $35 @ gmg with GMG30-AUGUS-TWINS (code only works with SD or Darksiders 2)

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 24, 2012, 14:34 LesCaster

...to have to use a 360 controller to play it properly. That kind of laziness pisses me off.

Just because game is designed for the PC doesn't automatically mean that mouse/keyboard is the best input method. A game controller is a perfectly valid control option and not necessarily a sign of laziness. For example, a wheel controller will always be better control option than a keyboard for a driving game and that has nothing to do with it being a PC game.

I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness.

12. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 24, 2012, 10:31 netnerd85

Looks awesome, Mafia 2 style in HK?  

11. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 24, 2012, 09:39 Verno

I'm enjoying this game way more than I thought I would, highly recommend it with the caveat that the driving is miserable without a gamepad.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

10. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 24, 2012, 09:38 nin

If that is true and they are rare I may actually enjoy it.

Believe me, you see all kinds of posts out there saying "where do I buy guns?!?!"

That kind of laziness pisses me off.

The game is far from perfect. But if you look at most of the reviews, you see that the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Check out this video...it's long, but not a huge amount of spoilers

edit: Still $40 @ GMG with coupon DERHE-RRDER-RINGE.

9. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 24, 2012, 09:07 ItBurn

A PC demo??? What is this, 1990? :p  

8. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 24, 2012, 08:50 Trevellian

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 22:28:
Trevellian wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 22:20:
I think the H2H combat is great, reminiscent of Arkham Asylum/City. However once they gave me a gun I thought the gunplay was super clunky, didn't like it at all, wouldn't let me aim out of cover for some reason, feels consolized. I really wanted to like this game too.

While I'm not very far in the game (7 hours, but a lot of exploring and side missions), it's my understanding that guns are rare (other than a mission where I leaned out of a car to blow up motorcycles, I've seen one pistol and thats it). You can't buy then in the game, and if you run around with anything other than a concealed pistol (ie not drawn) the police will come after you. I hear there is more gunplay later on, but the primary focus is hand to hand combat. Guns are viewed as a disposable powerup.

Also, a gamepad is highly recommended.

After the first few hours of getting the hang of it, I'm really enjoying the game, a lot more than I thought I would.

If that is true and they are rare I may actually enjoy it. But for the few times you have to use a gun, after my experience using one in the demo you'd be hard pressed to get me to pay full price for the game to have to use a 360 controller to play it properly. That kind of laziness pisses me off.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

7. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 24, 2012, 07:04 dangerman77

An open world game with a demo???

Pete Hines spits, and challenges that this is unpossible!

6. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 24, 2012, 05:23 Reactor

J wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 02:34:
Reactor wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 23:47:
The one downside are the mouse controls. They need work. Thankfully a 360 controller is a solid way to play.
This is the thing which is stopping me from paying full whack for it. I don't have a controller and currently don't see a need for one on my PC. I'll try the demo and see if that sways me.

It's not unplayable with M&K, it just has a somewhat irritating auto-centring thing going on. If they can disable that in a patch, the controls would be spot on.

5. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 24, 2012, 03:18 The Half Elf

Buy a gamestop version for a 360 controller, plug it in and works like a charm and cheap  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 24, 2012, 02:34 J

Reactor wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 23:47:
The one downside are the mouse controls. They need work. Thankfully a 360 controller is a solid way to play.
This is the thing which is stopping me from paying full whack for it. I don't have a controller and currently don't see a need for one on my PC. I'll try the demo and see if that sways me.

3. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 23, 2012, 23:47 Reactor

I'm really enjoying the game. And, the gunplay is pretty good. It just takes a bit to get used to.

2. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 23, 2012, 22:28 nin

Trevellian wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 22:20:
I think the H2H combat is great, reminiscent of Arkham Asylum/City. However once they gave me a gun I thought the gunplay was super clunky, didn't like it at all, wouldn't let me aim out of cover for some reason, feels consolized. I really wanted to like this game too.

While I'm not very far in the game (7 hours, but a lot of exploring and side missions), it's my understanding that guns are rare (other than a mission where I leaned out of a car to blow up motorcycles, I've seen one pistol and thats it). You can't buy then in the game, and if you run around with anything other than a concealed pistol (ie not drawn) the police will come after you. I hear there is more gunplay later on, but the primary focus is hand to hand combat. Guns are viewed as a disposable powerup.

Also, a gamepad is highly recommended.

After the first few hours of getting the hang of it, I'm really enjoying the game, a lot more than I thought I would.

1. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 23, 2012, 22:20 Trevellian

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo