Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More on New Black Isle

"It really feels like getting the band back together as we're seeing opportunities not available to us before," says Interplay boss Herve Caen in a quote on Eurogamer about their plans to revive the Black Isle Studios label. "Given our unique position, expanding online and mobile platforms, and renewed interest in our proven properties, I see an incredible success potential for Black Isle Studios." In this case, "the band" will have none of its original members, but they do have the highly regarded Black Isle IPs to work with, and the story states they plan on creating AAA RPGs based on them, though it does not offer a direct quote supporting that. However this is reflected by the mission statement on the Black Isle Studios Twitter Feed, which reads: "Black Isle Studios is a division of Interplay Entertainment devoted to creating the world's best role-playing games."

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

10. Re: More on New Black Isle Aug 23, 2012, 11:52 Hyatus

I'm sure there will be a kickstarter for this just around the corner.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: More on New Black Isle Aug 23, 2012, 11:45 nin

Reminds me of Infogrames deciding to call themselves Atari decades on, and then talking about their rich history...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: More on New Black Isle Aug 23, 2012, 11:35 Creston

"Yeah, man, we're getting the band back together! Well, all the guys left, but we still have Bob's guitar, and though we couldn't get our old venue back, we were able to book an abandoned old gym just down the block! It'll just be like old times!"

And with which money are you actually going to produce these world's best role-playing games, Caen dipshit #1?

Creston

7. Re: More on New Black Isle Aug 23, 2012, 11:02 CJ_Parker

Yeah. Rape that corpse even harder, Herve. You know you want to.

Sheesh. What an epic asshole...

6. Re: More on New Black Isle Aug 23, 2012, 10:47 InBlack

...and all the King's Horses and all the King's Men, couldnt put Humpty back together again....

Caen you broke it beyond all repair, fuck off and shut up now.

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: More on New Black Isle Aug 23, 2012, 10:36 Verno

Bhruic wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 09:59:
This is why I could never be an executive or PR guy. There's no way I could lie that blatantly.

Indeed, putting a layer of veneer on shit like that requires a special kind of skillset. Or a business/marketing degree.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

4. Re: More on New Black Isle Aug 23, 2012, 10:23 InBlack

Bhruic wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 09:59:
This is why I could never be an executive or PR guy. There's no way I could lie that blatantly.

I still think that politicians have them beat at that game. But yeah those guys come in at a close second.

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: More on New Black Isle Aug 23, 2012, 10:03 EricFate

Right Herve, because you did such a bang up job with that Fallout IP. BG, IWD and PT are out because I doubt you can afford get a license from Infogrames/Atari for AD&D. What does that leave? Stonekeep, that pile of crap Lionheart? This just looks like investor bait so he can churn out some shovelware based prior art.  

2. Re: More on New Black Isle Aug 23, 2012, 10:00 nin

"It really feels like getting the band back together as we're seeing opportunities not available to us before," says Interplay boss Herve Caen

In this case, "the band" will have none of its original members

Exactly...quite the show they're putting on here...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: More on New Black Isle Aug 23, 2012, 09:59 Bhruic

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo