Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PlanetSide 2 Trailer

The Jace Hall Show Ep. 7 features a new trailer from PlanetSide 2, SOE's upcoming MMOFPS sequel. This is being presented with a viral veneer, so prepare your fake outrage and be sure to rush to see this before it is "banned," since the powers-that-be can't stand anyone having any fun. Word is: "The Jace Hall team delivered what may be called the 'Nanite Ned' trailer (starring PlanetSide 2 Creative Director Matt Higby) and it's safe to say, SOE President John Smedley is not pleased. Luckily, the entire process from pitch to final trailer has been documented. Smedley has ordered the SOE team to immediately spread the word on the trailer in hopes of creating awareness of the epic failure as well as to save industry peers from making the same mistake."

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 24, 2012, 13:53 everyone

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/239047535786856448
https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/239042355825631233
See you all planetside. NC-4-Life.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 24, 2012, 06:18 RailWizard

InBlack wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 05:49:
Will they have EU servers?

It already does.

20. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 24, 2012, 05:49 InBlack

Will they have EU servers?  

I have a nifty blue line!

19. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 19:37 Nate

space captain wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 16:40:
its possible the beta plays like its even worse than dialup.. with constant warping, lagging, dropouts, etc. people running through the air, and so forth

its possible that is happening right now, but i cannot say how i might know this

The whole Jace Hall episode is funny. Great commercial!

It is also possible that warping, lagging, dropouts and other issues are usually fairly minor. That it plays nothing like what you would experience on a dialup connection.

18. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 19:34 eunichron

Since they let all the PS1 vets in such sights are becoming more common.  

17. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 18:49 The Half Elf

Not yet, but you will  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

16. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 17:14 RailWizard

1badmf wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 16:39:
RailWizard wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 15:17:
Don't mean to rain on any parades, but I've been in since 1st wave and it's pretty bland. It's basically bf3 with a bigger map and less gear.

Though they STILL don't have all systems operational, like 'perks' or w/e they call them. So there possibly is still hope.

It feels nothing like PS1, I can say that much with certainty.

an aircraft carrier is just a sailboat, but bigger and without a sail. see? i can irrationally oversimplify too! i've never seen a bf3 game where i was part of a column of around 30 tanks rolling cross country to our next target. be blase all you want, but that's a unique and exciting experience not to be found in COD nonsense.

A column of 30 tanks you say? Well I dunno what you've been playing, but I've never seen that in PS2.

15. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 16:41 The Half Elf

1badmf wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 16:39:
Don't mean to rain on any parades, but I've been in since 1st wave and it's pretty bland. It's basically bf3 with a bigger map and less gear.

Though they STILL don't have all systems operational, like 'perks' or w/e they call them. So there possibly is still hope.

an aircraft carrier is just a sailboat, but bigger and without a sail. see? i can irrationally oversimplify too! i've never seen a bf3 game where i was part of a column of around 30 tanks rolling cross country to our next target. be blase all you want, but that's a unique and exciting experience not to be found in COD nonsense.

Best memory I have of Planetside 1 is like the scene from 300, where the arrows darken the sky. Except it was 20-30 Galaxies dropping full squads onto a base. It was raining Blue and Gold that day.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

14. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 16:40 space captain

its possible the beta plays like its even worse than dialup.. with constant warping, lagging, dropouts, etc. people running through the air, and so forth

its possible that is happening right now, but i cannot say how i might know this

Go forth, and kill!

13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 16:39 1badmf

12. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 15:29 The Half Elf

PS2 seems to be good, but REALLY needs some optimizations.  

11. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 15:17 RailWizard

10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 15:01 DangerDog

Fancy CG clips from Blur Studios isn't going to help this game, free or not how much is your time worth?  

9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 14:46 eunichron

I may or may not be able to confirm that I have been in the beta since the tech test started a month ago..

But the game looks like it might need a lot of work, but the developers are probably being very forthcoming about their plans for the game, and I have great confidence in them to make an amazing game.

8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 14:04 1badmf

this PS1 vet may or may not have already received an invitation to join the beta *whistles*.  

7. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 13:52 Shataan

This vid really made me think of a Redneck version of Starship Troopers. Go figure. This will sell bigtime .... in the deep south. Think... Dukes Of Blastard.

NEXT!!!!!!!!!

6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 13:36 Techie714

I didn't like that video....  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

5. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 13:06 Cutter

everyone wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 12:43:
Twitter keys will be in within two weeks, apparently. PC gamer keys tomorrow. Can't wait.
Meh I could give a shit less about anymore media at this point. They can send me an invite or fuckoff until they do.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 12:43 everyone

Twitter keys will be in within two weeks, apparently. PC gamer keys tomorrow. Can't wait.  

3. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 12:37 Steazy

Verno wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 12:16:
Planetside 1 had a lot of issues that people tend to forget, the shooting mechanics were godawful for example. Planetside 2 is looking a lot more competent, I will know for sure when they flag my damned account for beta. I never should have attached that key to a new account/email, they let in PS1 vets first and I used a different address way back then.

Same here, it is what it is though

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo