Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 23, 2012, 06:19 InBlack

Verno wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 14:24:
That whole lawsuit is the epitome of how absurd the american patent system has become. I really hope the jury sides with Samsung. Samsung had several prototype smartphones before the iPhone was even announced. In an amusing twist of fate, Samsung even produces several parts that are used in iPhones.

Apple is the company who literally copied their way to success, Jobs himself made several notable quotes about shamelessly copying the competition.

Sadly, Apple is going to win the case. The judge ruled a few weeks ago against accepting the witness testimony and evidence of a certain Samsung engineer who designed a previous generation of Samsung phones which the current 'infringing' design is based upon. They look nothing like the Iphone but they do feature the distinctive smooth edges and one button design that Apple claims to have 'invented'.

Samsung will undoubtedly appeal, and hopefully find an unbiased judge without a fanboy hardonn for Apple, but a win for Apple here will cause a shitstorm nonetheless.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2012, 17:08 Ozmodan

Have to agree, Apple has copied so many other people's ideas, it is really stupid for them to be whining about the shoe being on the other foot.  

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2012, 15:35 NegaDeath

"Make your own phones. No wait scratch that, we've patented phones. Go make watches."  

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2012, 15:08 m0deth

I would love to get a comment from a Xerox executive on the whole matter.

Considering Apple would be nowhere without all the ideas Jobs and Gates stole from them when invited to come visit so long ago.

I'm fairly sure the word 'hypocrisy' wouldn't be an exaggeration if used by them in the context of M$ and Apple suing people for IP theft.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2012, 14:24 Verno

That whole lawsuit is the epitome of how absurd the american patent system has become. I really hope the jury sides with Samsung. Samsung had several prototype smartphones before the iPhone was even announced. In an amusing twist of fate, Samsung even produces several parts that are used in iPhones.

Apple is the company who literally copied their way to success, Jobs himself made several notable quotes about shamelessly copying the competition.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2012, 14:19 Cutter

Apple, the biggest douchebag company on the planet.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2012, 13:55 JeffD

lol... trespass by radio waves... id like to see someone enforce that. "God vs Jessie in the case of cosmic radio waves invading defendants property"  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo