Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

My toe is much better this morning, and I'm pretty positive it isn't broken: In fact yesterday I looked up "turf toe" to see if maybe I could claim to have this, since that seems athletic, but it sounds like that's the result of a hyperextension more than an impact, so I'm stuck with "stubbed." Speaking of impact, with MrsBlue commuting to Manhattan again, I am being re-introduced to the joys of sharing the road with morning commuters as I drop her at the train. We haven't had any cool near misses yet, but that's not for lack of trying: The traffic signal at the main intersection we use has been broken since the weekend, and is just constantly flashing red. As any driver should know, this makes this a four-way stop. Unfortunately, we don't just have *any* drivers around here, as I have not yet seen a single driver (other than myself) stop for it, and it's only through sheer dumb luck that there hasn't been a serious collision there yet.

Lucky Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Undermountain.
Stories: "The Office" To Wrap After Nine Seasons.
Drought makes it easier for police to spot pot plants. Thanks brother19.
ABC Is Moving Jimmy Kimmel Into the 11:35 Late-Night Battle with Leno, Letterman.
Science: Antarctic ice sheets may have changed the planetís heartbeat.
Images: I got all of the typical tall questions when I first started working at Starbucks.
Media: TOYOTA GT86: The Real Deal Advert - Full Version. Thanks Devicer.
LEAKED Official Apple iPhone 5 Promo Video.
This Is Why You Don't Give A Teenager A BMW M3 And A GoPro.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2012, 02:27 Ant

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 15:45:
Ratty wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 10:58:
Wasn't there an episode of House where they finally figured out why someone was dying and it turned out to be they'd broken their big toe and there was a clot or something? Don't mean to alarm, I'm just sayin ...

Yeah but I really don't think we want to see Blue strip down over a webcam, let alone get him to the North or South pole (can't remember which it was)
It can't be worse than Doctor Manhattan.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 15:50 nin

TOYOTA GT86: The Real Deal Advert - Full Version.

Reminds me of The Thirteenth Floor...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 15:46 Cutter

Shineyguy wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 14:58:
Cutter wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:54:
Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:02:
Teen wrecking an M3: Proof that Teenagers Are Good For Nothing.

Creston

They make fine workers so long as you administer regular beatings.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Haha I used to have that T-shirt.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 15:45 The Half Elf

Wasn't there an episode of House where they finally figured out why someone was dying and it turned out to be they'd broken their big toe and there was a clot or something? Don't mean to alarm, I'm just sayin ...

Yeah but I really don't think we want to see Blue strip down over a webcam, let alone get him to the North or South pole (can't remember which it was)

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 15:21 RailWizard

1badmf wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 14:00:
RailWizard wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 13:02:
I think it was gangrene. Or no...it was the marrow leaking out into the blood stream. Ok I forget. I like House a lot tho. He's a lot like me.

it was the episode with Mira Sorvino stuck in antarctica and the team had to do a tele-diagnosis. house talked her into taking her clothes off on cam for science! and diagnosis, and found something before he got to her feet which was where the break was. the cold numbed the pain so she had no idea it was there. yes that was all from memory =P

ahh yes. I remember now. That was a pretty cool(no pun intended lol) episode. Kinda hard to remember with 8 seasons. I'm glad they ended it, stuff was getting pretty thin.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 14:58 Shineyguy

Cutter wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:54:

Creston

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 14:00 1badmf

RailWizard wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 13:02:
I think it was gangrene. Or no...it was the marrow leaking out into the blood stream. Ok I forget. I like House a lot tho. He's a lot like me.

it was the episode with Mira Sorvino stuck in antarctica and the team had to do a tele-diagnosis. house talked her into taking her clothes off on cam for science! and diagnosis, and found something before he got to her feet which was where the break was. the cold numbed the pain so she had no idea it was there. yes that was all from memory =P

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 13:02 RailWizard

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 12:54 Cutter

Creston

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 12:40 1badmf

that is seriously frightening, that people around those parts just blow through flashing red lights. i would completely avoid that intersection completely while that's the case, because at an intersection where neither direction stops? that's a multiple fatality accident just waiting to happen.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 12:02 Creston

Creston

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 11:59 Creston

Commute to Manhattan? How long does that take her, Blue? It must take forever?

Creston

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 11:56 banddirector

The drivers in your area don't know a flashing red means stop? How stupid *are* the drivers in your area ?!?!?!?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 11:48 NegaDeath

Wasn't that lupus?

No wait it's never lupus. Never mind!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 11:13 Verno

Sure, then they made another 4 seasons and had stuff like "patient levitates off bed" with no explanation

That show was so good in the first 3 seasons

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 10:58 Ratty

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 10:51 InBlack

Blue give it time...both the toe and traffic light I mean.

Seriously though, if you can wiggle your toe without too much pain its not broken. If its immobile or causes serious pain when you try to wiggle it well then you might have a bigger problem...

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 10:42 sauron

Blue wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 10:37:
"Drought makes it easier for police to spot pot plants"

"State police cut down about 100 pot plants later Tuesday at rural sites in Harrison and Clark counties. They plan to burn the plants"...

...then stand downwind, and inhale deeply.

Kittens!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 10:37 nin

This Is Why You Don't Give A Teenager A BMW M3 And A GoPro.

Laughed my ass off at that one... "this is why we can't have nice things".

And yea! The Office is finally getting killed! Shoulda ended with Michael Scott at the airport...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo