Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Valve announces that Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is now available on Steam, offering the Windows and OS X editions of the new installment in the teamplay shooter series which will also come to consoles over the next day or so. Here's word:

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is now available via Steam, with the North American PSN launch and worldwide Xbox launch happening later tonight and tomorrow morning. .

CS: GO expands on the classic team-based action gameplay that Counter-Strike pioneered. Featuring an arsenal of over 45 weapons, loads of maps, new game modes, new visuals, leaderboards and over 165 Steam Achievements.

For more information on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive visit counter-strike.net

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 14:56 SpectralMeat

Is there still option to play with bots, like it was in the previous game? I didn't mind playing against bots offline every now and then.  

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 14:48 RailWizard

...and steam died.

Oh wait, it's alive again...

oh nice. The CsG beta turned into official version, no d/l required. Kept all achievements as well.

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2012, 14:55.

11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 14:39 Trevellian

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 14:25:
I loved CS. However, I still won't buy this without a demo.

I was in Beta. It's meh. It's CS:Source with a little more shine, better scoreboards and the pausing kills like Team Fortress, a consolized purchase wheel and more weapons. Achievements like they said, a few alternate routes on some of the classic maps like Dust so that there aren't as many bottlenecks. It's nice but not 15 bucks for another Counterstrike Nice.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 14:35 PropheT

deqer wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 13:52:
Did we ask for another Counter-strike? Nope. I think people are still enjoying the other one. And why change that now with a new CS? Why change everything these players have been learning and getting a feeling for. because you need to make more money? Welp, that's not our problem. So, don't make it our problem by shoving another CS product down our throats.

Because CS:S has a load of problems that were never and would never be fixed...which was exactly why the population was segmented in the first place, since people wouldn't migrate to Source when 1.6 played better.

They seem to have fixed that with GO. You aren't going to have to get a feel for it if you've already been playing CounterSrike in some form; it's so familiar that there's literally no adjustment time at all.

The hitboxes work. It looks great, without being overly taxing. It plays perfectly, in the way that Source was always meant to but never did. The maps are perfect upgrades of the old versions, with a few new twists thrown in that (in my opinion at least) makes them better.

Basically for $15 it's the game that CS:S was supposed to be.

9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 14:31 SirKnight

deqer wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 13:52:
Did we ask for another Counter-strike? Nope. I think people are still enjoying the other one. And why change that now with a new CS? Why change everything these players have been learning and getting a feeling for. because you need to make more money? Welp, that's not our problem. So, don't make it our problem by shoving another CS product down our throats.

Dude, did you wake up with a porcupine in your butt or what? No one is shoving anything down your throat. Don't want it? Don't buy it.

I swear some people...

8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 14:25 Cutter

I loved CS. However, I still won't buy this without a demo.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 14:13 necrosis

Nice. The link 503's.  

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 14:06 Verno

I don't know, I didn't feel like CS:S was forced down our throats, I eventually switched because I wanted to. The CS communities are quite large, most people would probably never even know if the population was segmented. You can always find a full server with a low ping and that's what matters. Hell, you can always find a full server running the most esoteric mods and silly CS variations imaginable even.

Anyways definitely going to pick it up, $15 is a steal for some fresh CS.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 14:06 Tumbler

Do you get loot for playing this? I booted up TF2 the other day and was stunned how insane the loot system has become in that game. I didn't get why people cared about hats but seeing all that is there I after getting a few items from playing I get why they do that. Earned a backpack and a pair of boots from my time and then went looking at all the other stuff in the store...holy crap. You can buy a set of christmas lights for your bazooka. You can buy a little dragon head for your heavy gunner. You can buy more random crap than I ever though possible. You can buy a little ufo that hovers around behind you while you play. (FOR $30 DOLLARS)

I wish I enjoyed the game more because I like all the customizations...I just don't care for the game. So does CS:GO have all sorts of loot as well? (Obviously more serious looking items)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 14:01 Flatline

Beelzebud wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 13:54:
It's a 15.00 game, it isn't being "shoved down your throat", and it's actually very polished and good.

Try speaking for yourself.

In a way it is. It segments the CS population, until basically everyone migrates over. It's just being friendly about it.

And I'm also convinced that Valve intends to release every other game in existence before it approaches Half Life episode 3 or HL3 at this point.

I strongly suspect we'll see a portal 3 before we see HL3.

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 13:54 Beelzebud

It's a 15.00 game, it isn't being "shoved down your throat", and it's actually very polished and good.

Try speaking for yourself.

2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 13:53 nin

Did we ask for another Counter-strike?

Yup!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 13:52 deqer

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo