Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Valve announces that Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is now available on Steam, offering the Windows and OS X editions of the new installment in the teamplay shooter series which will also come to consoles over the next day or so. Here's word:

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is now available via Steam, with the North American PSN launch and worldwide Xbox launch happening later tonight and tomorrow morning. .

CS: GO expands on the classic team-based action gameplay that Counter-Strike pioneered. Featuring an arsenal of over 45 weapons, loads of maps, new game modes, new visuals, leaderboards and over 165 Steam Achievements.

For more information on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive visit counter-strike.net

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

33. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 19:45 J

nin wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 18:49:
deqer wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 17:19:
You're missing the point.

That you're an asshat and need to go play in traffic? No, I think we all got that...like months ago.

I'm so very sorry...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 19:20 theglaze

I'm all for the release of this, and I think it's about time Valve brought a real team based strategy game to consoles. That's where COD has reined supreme and gamers just don't realize their buying shallow gameplay that simply doesn't deserve the billions of dollars it earns.

$15 is great. Instead of buying Black Ops II for $60, I'm going to buy CSGO for 4 of my unfortunate COD friends who are blind to what a good FPS game should play like.

Hopefully Valve's PS3 release is at least as good as the PC beta...

31. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 19:15 SimplyMonk

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 17:57:
The gun mechanics are all messed up and doesn't "feel" right. Headshots are still way to high of a % and most of the COF doesn't make sense for the gun. It is as though they randomly assign a COF for a type of gun that doesn't fit it at all...

You talking about when compared to reality? Or to previous versions of CS?

30. removed Aug 21, 2012, 18:49 nin

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 21, 2012, 23:16.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

29. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 18:06 PropheT

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 17:57:
Since it has GG, i feel for it - now wish I hadn't. The gun mechanics are all messed up and doesn't "feel" right. Headshots are still way to high of a % and most of the COF doesn't make sense for the gun. It is as though they randomly assign a COF for a type of gun that doesn't fit it at all.....

oh well. I never learn I guess.

I really can't agree with any of that at all, especially that any of the gun mechanics are messed up in any way. They mostly feel like they did with other versions of CS, only with working hitboxes that mean you're actually hitting what you're aiming at. It's definitely a step in the right direction over what CS:S was doing.

Headshot percentage is high because that's what everyone is aiming for and practically everyone playing has had years of practice at doing it.

Which firing cone seems strange? The only weapons I absolutely cannot stand are the shotguns; they seem even more worthless than they used to be, but everything else seems pretty good with a balance between mobility and spread. If something has too much of a spread, stop and fire or crouch and fire and it fixes it.

28. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 17:57 xXBatmanXx

Since it has GG, i feel for it - now wish I hadn't. The gun mechanics are all messed up and doesn't "feel" right. Headshots are still way to high of a % and most of the COF doesn't make sense for the gun. It is as though they randomly assign a COF for a type of gun that doesn't fit it at all.....

oh well. I never learn I guess.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

27. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 17:23 deqer

RailWizard wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 15:20:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 14:56:
Is there still option to play with bots, like it was in the previous game? I didn't mind playing against bots offline every now and then.

There is bots. There is even a training course. It is still CS with it's 10+ year old game play tho.
"tho" ? What? You wanted something different after 10 years, it sounds like? lol

How old is the language, English? Should we bring on a new language because English is old?

26. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 17:19 deqer

SirKnight wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 14:31:
deqer wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 13:52:
Did we ask for another Counter-strike? Nope. I think people are still enjoying the other one. And why change that now with a new CS? Why change everything these players have been learning and getting a feeling for. because you need to make more money? Welp, that's not our problem. So, don't make it our problem by shoving another CS product down our throats.

Dude, did you wake up with a porcupine in your butt or what? No one is shoving anything down your throat. Don't want it? Don't buy it.

I swear some people...
You're missing the point. I guess you haven't seen what happened to D3.

25. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 17:03 Steazy

I was super skeptical but broke down an pre-ordered to play the beta.

It's pretty good, surprisingly good, considering there's basically nothing new. For $15 I think it's a pretty good deal.

I like the way they implemented the bots, if you die early in a round you can take over for any of the bots immediately... *almost* like a new game mode

24. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 16:26 SpectralMeat

Yeah that's what I was thinking Verno. I just have no time to invest too heavily into any games these days but I still like variety. A quick 30-60 minutes here and there is all I have, and for that the old CS was great. I might break down and buy this one, or I might wait til the Christmas sale like you said decisions, decisions  

Steam: SpectralMeat

23. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 16:21 Beelzebud

RailWizard wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 14:48:
...and steam died.

Oh wait, it's alive again...

oh nice. The CsG beta turned into official version, no d/l required. Kept all achievements as well.

Good to hear, I was wondering how they would handle that.

22. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 15:53 Cutter

Dude, did you wake up with a porcupine in your butt or what? No one is shoving anything down your throat. Don't want it? Don't buy it.

I swear some people...

Imagine that? Someone shoving a porcupine up your ass? I'm wagering that'd sting just a little.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

21. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 15:40 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 15:36:
I've never really put many hours into CS tbh. I've recently started playing it again and it is fun. Looks dated but fun. I might pickup the new one, but with Borderlands 2 around the corner not sure how much time I will put into this game.

I wouldn't sweat it man, the great thing about CS is that it's a low time commitment. I've been playing on and off for years, great way to waste 30 minutes here and there. You'll get your moneys worth eventually. The flipside is that it could easily be $5 or less at the Christmas sale, decisions decisions

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

20. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 15:38 nin

but with Borderlands 2 around the corner not sure how much time I will put into this game.

Ya got close to a month...believe me, I keep checking the calendar.

19. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 15:36 SpectralMeat

RailWizard wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 15:20:
Is there still option to play with bots, like it was in the previous game? I didn't mind playing against bots offline every now and then.

There is bots. There is even a training course. It is still CS with it's 10+ year old game play tho.
I've never really put many hours into CS tbh. I've recently started playing it again and it is fun. Looks dated but fun. I might pickup the new one, but with Borderlands 2 around the corner not sure how much time I will put into this game.

Steam: SpectralMeat

18. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 15:20 RailWizard

17. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 15:20 Optional nickname

Did we ask for another Counter-strike? Nope. I think people are still enjoying the other one. And why change that now with a new CS? Why change everything these players have been learning and getting a feeling for. because you need to make more money? Welp, that's not our problem. So, don't make it our problem by shoving another CS product down our throats.

If I wasn't married to , & living with my dear wife, I'd be wiping my shit with my bare hands, screw toilet paper! I'd be walking 2 hours to a minimum wage job, screw cars and gasoline! I'd be living away someplace in the Ozarks, screw RJ45 and the internet... oh wait nvm, gotta play this FPS! I wasn't kidding about the poop and job though.

16. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 15:10 Tumbler

Hmm maybe I'll go watch a Let's Play video...

Let's Play CS:GO (German)

Man...I hate that fucking game.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

15. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 15:07 nin

I used that in the beta...I can' imagine them removing it at the last minute.

14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 14:57 Agent.X7

I swear some people...

Dude, he is a troll. He lives for reactions like yours. Ignore him and he'll fuck off eventually.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo