Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Valve announces that Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is now available on Steam, offering the Windows and OS X editions of the new installment in the teamplay shooter series which will also come to consoles over the next day or so. Here's word:

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is now available via Steam, with the North American PSN launch and worldwide Xbox launch happening later tonight and tomorrow morning. .

CS: GO expands on the classic team-based action gameplay that Counter-Strike pioneered. Featuring an arsenal of over 45 weapons, loads of maps, new game modes, new visuals, leaderboards and over 165 Steam Achievements.

For more information on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive visit counter-strike.net

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

53. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 20:47 Sepharo

nin wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 20:45:
I didn't need to restart though, I just stubbornly sat they're banging away at every key until I'd end up at a MotD and could hit escape and then join a team properly.

There ya go, that's how it's done! :)

Haha yeah I'm the type of gamer that when hit with a looping sound / lockup crash will just let it sit there for minutes hoping it will somehow recover... Hey sometimes it does!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

52. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 20:45 nin

I didn't need to restart though, I just stubbornly sat they're banging away at every key until I'd end up at a MotD and could hit escape and then join a team properly.

There ya go, that's how it's done!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

51. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 20:30 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 17:37:
Anyone else having issues at the menu screen of a game, or when you go from round to round the game is still responding but inputs do not? IE can't join a team, etc?

I had that happening to me a few times as well. I didn't need to restart though, I just stubbornly sat they're banging away at every key until I'd end up at a MotD and could hit escape and then join a team properly. Supposedly it was fixed in a patch today.

50. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 17:39 Muscular Beaver

Yeah its acting weird sometimes. Restarting the game fixes it for me.  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

49. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 17:37 xXBatmanXx

Anyone else having issues at the menu screen of a game, or when you go from round to round the game is still responding but inputs do not? IE can't join a team, etc?  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

48. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 12:50 Muscular Beaver

PHJF wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 12:48:

Shotguns suck? Awww man, I was thinking of getting this for some oldschool teamplay but now...I always prefered shotguns in these type of games.

Benelli M3, weapon of choice for the discerning CS player! MP5 is a total noob gun!

Dual Berettas ftw!

- Mojo Jojo

47. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 12:48 PHJF

Shotguns suck? Awww man, I was thinking of getting this for some oldschool teamplay but now...I always prefered shotguns in these type of games.

Benelli M3, weapon of choice for the discerning CS player! MP5 is a total noob gun!

Steam + PSN: PHJF

46. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 11:39 theglaze

InBlack wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 05:33:
PropheT wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 18:06:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 17:57:
Since it has GG, i feel for it - now wish I hadn't. The gun mechanics are all messed up and doesn't "feel" right. Headshots are still way to high of a % and most of the COF doesn't make sense for the gun. It is as though they randomly assign a COF for a type of gun that doesn't fit it at all.....

oh well. I never learn I guess.

I really can't agree with any of that at all, especially that any of the gun mechanics are messed up in any way. They mostly feel like they did with other versions of CS, only with working hitboxes that mean you're actually hitting what you're aiming at. It's definitely a step in the right direction over what CS:S was doing.

Headshot percentage is high because that's what everyone is aiming for and practically everyone playing has had years of practice at doing it.

Which firing cone seems strange? The only weapons I absolutely cannot stand are the shotguns; they seem even more worthless than they used to be, but everything else seems pretty good with a balance between mobility and spread. If something has too much of a spread, stop and fire or crouch and fire and it fixes it.

IMO, shotguns do not suck. The pump is still a 1 shot beast at close range, and the sawed off puts out even more damage. I had a double kill with one shell a couple nights ago. The XM1014 auto is just like previous iterations, which means it is still worthless if a target is outside spitting distance. And they've introduced a new one called MAG-7, which has a tighter damage area and it has the longest effective range of all the shotguns, but only 5 rounds. MAG-7 is easily my favorite new gun in CSGO.

45. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 05:33 InBlack

PropheT wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 18:06:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 17:57:
Since it has GG, i feel for it - now wish I hadn't. The gun mechanics are all messed up and doesn't "feel" right. Headshots are still way to high of a % and most of the COF doesn't make sense for the gun. It is as though they randomly assign a COF for a type of gun that doesn't fit it at all.....

oh well. I never learn I guess.

I really can't agree with any of that at all, especially that any of the gun mechanics are messed up in any way. They mostly feel like they did with other versions of CS, only with working hitboxes that mean you're actually hitting what you're aiming at. It's definitely a step in the right direction over what CS:S was doing.

Headshot percentage is high because that's what everyone is aiming for and practically everyone playing has had years of practice at doing it.

Which firing cone seems strange? The only weapons I absolutely cannot stand are the shotguns; they seem even more worthless than they used to be, but everything else seems pretty good with a balance between mobility and spread. If something has too much of a spread, stop and fire or crouch and fire and it fixes it.

I have a nifty blue line!

44. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 04:38 Muscular Beaver

Of course the maps I liked most, assault, backalley and 747, are not included.  

- Mojo Jojo

43. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 01:23 Zardoz5

theglaze wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 19:20:
Instead of buying Black Ops II for $60, I'm going to buy CSGO for 4 of my unfortunate COD friends who are blind to what a good FPS game should play like.
You should buy yourself and your friends Battlefield 2142 instead. Grin Titan mode is best team-focused FPS game mode I've played in a loooooong time. Too bad its pretty much dead though. Sad

42. removed Aug 22, 2012, 00:39 RailWizard

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 22, 2012, 08:56.

41. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 22, 2012, 00:25 deqer

RailWizard wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 23:10:
deqer wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 17:23:
RailWizard wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 15:20:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 14:56:
Is there still option to play with bots, like it was in the previous game? I didn't mind playing against bots offline every now and then.

There is bots. There is even a training course. It is still CS with it's 10+ year old game play tho.
"tho" ? What? You wanted something different after 10 years, it sounds like? lol

How old is the language, English? Should we bring on a new language because English is old?

How come your parents are related? Too lazy?
Yup, that's what I'd thought you'd say. You got nothing, so you get mad then act out and try to troll me with some random statement. lol.

40. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 23:10 RailWizard

deqer wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 17:23:
RailWizard wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 15:20:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 14:56:
Is there still option to play with bots, like it was in the previous game? I didn't mind playing against bots offline every now and then.

There is bots. There is even a training course. It is still CS with it's 10+ year old game play tho.
"tho" ? What? You wanted something different after 10 years, it sounds like? lol

How old is the language, English? Should we bring on a new language because English is old?

How come your parents are related? Too lazy?

39. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 22:32 Prez

I like the way they implemented the bots, if you die early in a round you can take over for any of the bots immediately... *almost* like a new game mode

Nice! Even bots owned my ass in CS:S. Now I can die many more times during a single round!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

38. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 22:28 PropheT

bhcompy wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 21:14:
PropheT wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 14:35:
Because CS:S has a load of problems that were never and would never be fixed...which was exactly why the population was segmented in the first place, since people wouldn't migrate to Source when 1.6 played better.

Fairly subjective statement considering CS:S was the best release of CS since 5.2

Well, I didn't release a statement to the press on behalf of anybody stating that one version was better than another, so...yeah, obviously it's subjective.

In any case, I'm talking about responsiveness and hitboxes, issues that were always problems in CS:S. There's videos all over about it. There's still a healthy population playing the original CS instead of CS:S due in part to those issues. It's been a complaint/argument as long as CS:S has been around.

And... it's really not an issue in GO, from what I've seen.

37. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 21:14 bhcompy

PropheT wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 14:35:
Because CS:S has a load of problems that were never and would never be fixed...which was exactly why the population was segmented in the first place, since people wouldn't migrate to Source when 1.6 played better.

Fairly subjective statement considering CS:S was the best release of CS since 5.2

36. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 20:58 Sepharo

shinchan0s wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 20:51:
I have no intention of buying CSGO anytime soon (I want it, but I've been on a game buying binge lately), but quick question:

Does the entire CT team use the same skin for like each map? It always bothered me that you could have a SAS guy and a SEAL fighting together.

Yeah the skins are map specific now. Some of them are pretty goofy looking. Also you can't really count on the CT being darker then the T skins anymore... On Office the T wear black hoodies that make them look like the older CT skins, and on Italy they have blue helmets which also make them look like CT at times.

35. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 20:51 shinchan0s

I have no intention of buying CSGO anytime soon (I want it, but I've been on a game buying binge lately), but quick question:

Does the entire CT team use the same skin for like each map? It always bothered me that you could have a SAS guy and a SEAL fighting together.

34. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 20:27 RaZ0r!

theglaze wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 19:20:
I'm all for the release of this

Me too. It's a very nice update to CS for $15 bucks, and it seems it's had a good amount of testing. Check it:

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2012/08/4571/

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo