Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Patch Rolling Out

The Diablo III Forums have word that Blizzard's action/RPG is currently offline in North America for maintenance as the promised new version 1.04 patch is installed, bringing the new Paragon endgame to the action/RPG sequel (no word on whether this patch will fix the Server Status Page which could be helpful at times like if it worked properly). The post includes the full version 1.04 patch notes to check out while waiting for the game to come back online, which is currently slated for around 4:00 pm EDT today. The European servers are scheduled to start updating tonight and the Asian servers will be patched tomorrow, and this will prevent global play until they are all once again running the same version.

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

13. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 11:11 Verno

If you havent done so already Verno, I urge you to try Hardcore. Its much, much more satisfying and more importantly fun to play. Im having a blast even with 1.03 simply because reaching 60 without dying is quite a task in and of itself. Im on my third monk right now, currently lvl 49 and wondering whether I should take on nightmare Diablo, or level to 50 first.....

Once the patch hits Im probably going to take out my softcore DH for a spin, but softcore has lost almost all of its appeal me because of the horrible auction house woes (almost non existant on HC). For one thing HC doesnt have RMAH. Win!

I usually stick to HC in Diablo but I also have some softcore characters for playing with friends who refuse to do it. I find that I enjoyed HC more in Diablo 2 though, I really liked the ladder race in HC. In Diablo 3 it feels more like you're just rerolling games to get non-shitty champion pack combos as some were just unbeatable. Hopefully that changes with 1.04.

On a side note, damn those are some staggering patch notes, they really did beta test us with the original launch.

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2012, 11:17.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 11:10 Darks

Verno wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 11:04:
I'm more interested in hearing if the new item properties are only on the legendaries or if they pertain to some rares too. The biggest problem with the game was not a lack of an end game per se, it was more that grinding wasn't fun because the items you were obtaining sucked. If they have addressed that then the paragon system is just a thin layer on top for the lulls in between finding fun items.

Unfortunately, none of their changes address the problem that the game is just boring to play. Maybe if they redesign some of the skills and allow you to use more than 6 at a time, we might see some significant improvement. Fat chance.

I do think that the lack of personal customization is a real problem but hopefully the rebalanced skills will allow for more builds and less boredom.

Not according to the patch notes, I read down the page towards the bottom I believe that all level 61 to 62 will have better base stats on min and max dmg.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

11. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 11:06 InBlack

Verno wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 10:43:
The patch errata is the most interesting section of the patch notes. A SHITLOAD of small bugs have been added with this patch. Im thinking that its rushed because of the dumbass FUCK THAT LOSER comment.

Nah it was scheduled for this week long before he made the comments. Diablo 3 had a really good release window but its pretty crowded these days. I was going to reinstall this but Guild Wars 2 is in three days and Sleeping Dogs is tiding me over until then Assuming I get bored of either then Borderlands 2 comes out and Dishonored and so on. Oh well, at least there is no sub fee so I can just check back in whenever.

If you havent done so already Verno, I urge you to try Hardcore. Its much, much more satisfying and more importantly fun to play. Im having a blast even with 1.03 simply because reaching 60 without dying is quite a task in and of itself. Im on my third monk right now, currently lvl 49 and wondering whether I should take on nightmare Diablo, or level to 50 first.....

Once the patch hits Im probably going to take out my softcore DH for a spin, but softcore has lost almost all of its appeal me because of the horrible auction house woes (almost non existant on HC). For one thing HC doesnt have RMAH. Win!

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 11:04 Verno

I'm more interested in hearing if the new item properties are only on the legendaries or if they pertain to some rares too. The biggest problem with the game was not a lack of an end game per se, it was more that grinding wasn't fun because the items you were obtaining sucked. If they have addressed that then the paragon system is just a thin layer on top for the lulls in between finding fun items.

Unfortunately, none of their changes address the problem that the game is just boring to play. Maybe if they redesign some of the skills and allow you to use more than 6 at a time, we might see some significant improvement. Fat chance.

I do think that the lack of personal customization is a real problem but hopefully the rebalanced skills will allow for more builds and less boredom.

9. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 11:03 Yakubs

8. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 11:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bhruic wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 10:47:
I'd really like to know what their justification is for capping MF at 300%. I mean, I suspect people will be happy that it's no longer averaged out, but throwing the cap in seems a bit nasty, especially as people have spent money trying to get it as high as possible.

Hopefully it'll be lesson learned for those people. Never spend money on virtual items that, in this game's case, you don't even legally own, let alone have any guarantee they won't be modified/nerfed etc.

The game is much more enjoyable, to me at least, when you avoid the auction houses entirely. Yes it is playable that way too, especially with this new patch.

The cap is part of Blizzard realizing MF is a flawed system. They are attempting to phase it out + add the paragon leveling scheme (which includes a MF/GF bonus), but obviously the game would have been better off with no MF, no AH, out of the gate. Oh well. The Paragon system seems better than nothing.

I expect D3 will be pretty good after a few more patches.

7. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 11:01 InBlack

Bhruic wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 10:47:
I'd really like to know what their justification is for capping MF at 300%. I mean, I suspect people will be happy that it's no longer averaged out, but throwing the cap in seems a bit nasty, especially as people have spent money trying to get it as high as possible.

It makes a lot of sense actually, they did it in this way to appease the whiners who had a problem with people gear swapping to maksimize magic find.

So now you can still gear swap, but the cap is 300% (moderately difficult to reach with inexpensive gear). To offset this advantage people who dont gear swap are rewarded with a boost of mf and gf at every level so that they feel they are making progress and not being penalized because they dont gear swap.

In the end the both the gear swappers and others reach a point (hard cap) at which magic find affixes are not required at all and everyone is happy.

Its actually a very elegant solution, the devs. seem to be quite smart. Which still leaves me wondering how they fubared the game so completely through the years of development.

6. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 10:57 Verno

Too bad that they can't do anything about the poor randomization due to the static nature of the artwork. Hopefully they can address that in an expansion.  

5. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 10:49 Darks

Interesting patch and all of the changes, Iím really liking some of the new damage modifiers and increases. Might be worth taking a second look, but I still have doubts abut the game being much better. Time will tell.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

4. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 10:47 Bhruic

3. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 10:43 Verno

The patch errata is the most interesting section of the patch notes. A SHITLOAD of small bugs have been added with this patch. Im thinking that its rushed because of the dumbass FUCK THAT LOSER comment.

Nah it was scheduled for this week long before he made the comments. Diablo 3 had a really good release window but its pretty crowded these days. I was going to reinstall this but Guild Wars 2 is in three days and Sleeping Dogs is tiding me over until then Assuming I get bored of either then Borderlands 2 comes out and Dishonored and so on. Oh well, at least there is no sub fee so I can just check back in whenever.

2. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 10:43 Optional nickname

really trying to read between the lines in that patch wall of text, as to how this will benefit Blizzard. I agreed with seeing a few Bnet forum posts (few because less than 1% are intelligent posts), that this is ineviteably out now for 3 main reasons, and in no particular order

a) increase the $1 transaction fee rate via the RMAH, as more and more people will migrate there. even naysayers.

b) Blizzard is desperate seeing how over 85% of purchased copies stopped playing altogether as of 4 weeks ago.

c) appease the angry mob that is the entire BNET forum, while Blizzard gets to work right away on a much needed story re-write via Necromancer expansion, which for faith restoration, should be a free gift from Blizzard. If I were Mike, I wouldn't think twice about this.

I will give it a shot, since it is a casual game for me anyway, and I just want to see the new legendary stats out there from the RMAH, as they will virtually never ever be made available from barrels, speaking of which... thanks for nothing Blizzard, but finally getting objects from destructable items, whoa, that must have been a hard decision, you may as well just done that and scrap the whole rest of the patch lol. rolls eyes.

but most of all, I am curious to do some epic damage with my 2H Barb, that already possesses a godly damage stat, now it's going up to 700% on rend, lol, reinstalling is worth it just to see that.

I would also urge all of you, well too late now, but take screen shots of your weapon and item and char stats, before and after this patch, to see all the lies surface once again.

1. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 10:40 InBlack

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo