Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

9. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2012, 14:31 Matshock

Beamer wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 13:15:
Matshock wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 11:16:
...about the collapse of 38 Studios, which got a $75 million loan guarantee from the state in 2010.

I agree, only a dunce would invest $75 million taxpayer dollars in a start up headed up by an athlete during a depression in a state with a toxic business climate.

Another monument to Amerikan fascism...

Nice k. Now how is this fascism?

I'm glad you asked. The original term was coined by Benito Mussolini-
fascism being the combination of words federal and capitalism- so, essentially federally controlled capitalism.

I'm using the word according to its origins rather than the Orwellian newspeak you may be accustomed to.

Now there's a bit of license in the sense that we in the USA also have supposedly sovereign states but I wouldn't be surprised if the loan was ultimately backed by the federal government anyway.

New London and Pfizer have a huge multi-million dollar empty field that used to be a neighborhood. That's another great example of Amerikan Fascism.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/13/nyregion/13pfizer.html

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2012, 14:08 Julio

Personally I think all politicians are dunces of epic proportions...

They're charismatic, not smart. While Curt Schilling is neither.

7. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2012, 13:15 Beamer

Matshock wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 11:16:
...about the collapse of 38 Studios, which got a $75 million loan guarantee from the state in 2010.

I agree, only a dunce would invest $75 million taxpayer dollars in a start up headed up by an athlete during a depression in a state with a toxic business climate.

Nice k. Now how is this fascism?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2012, 12:47 Cutter

If Chafee is a dunce I shudder to think what that makes Schilling.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2012, 11:49 NegaDeath

Any ounce of goodwill anyone might have had towards Schilling should evaporate now, that was completely classless.  

4. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2012, 11:46 Matshock

Verno wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 11:32:
Chafee opposed the deal but he wasn't governor when it went down. Curt's incompetence is well documented by the media at this point, blame shifting won't do him any good.

That's good to know. Now all RI needs to do is to replace their legislature with (I)ndependent minded people.

3. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2012, 11:32 Verno

Chafee opposed the deal but he wasn't governor when it went down. Curt's incompetence is well documented by the media at this point, blame shifting won't do him any good.  

Playing: Far Cry 4, Prison Architect, DriveClub
Watching: Tusk, The Equalizer, The Homesman

2. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2012, 11:16 Matshock

1. Re: etc. Aug 21, 2012, 11:14 TheEmissary

Schilling you really have some nerve to be calling the Governor a "dunce of epic proportions" when you didn't in good faith meet the obligations of the loan. You really need to just stop talking.  

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo