Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I slipped on the stairs and hurt myself yesterday, breaking from the cliché by suffering my injury while going up the stairs, rather than down. In saving myself from falling, I managed to stub my big toe very nicely, causing me to consider the surprising number of years it's been since I've suffered one of these surprisingly painful owies. This surprise continued on into the night, as the intense pain and inability to put weight on it left me fairly convinced that I had suffered my first-ever broken bone. The pain has abated this morning to the point where I'm not as certain of this expert diagnosis, so I'll see how it progresses today. Fingers crossed that I don't decide I need an X-ray.

X-ray Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Zombudoy.
Ghosted.
Media: DayZ "REDDIT RESCUE FORCE!" Day03. NSFW.
Cute 3 year old driving a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6 with 320hp.
Dog flips for his new red bouncy ball.

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 06:20 RailWizard

Ledge wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 01:40:
hope all is ok blue.

Yeah actually as one whose toes seem to be magnetic, I do sympathize. I am constantly bashing them against something. It is a minor miracle that I have not broken anything, yet. I'd reference that one bruce willis movie, but I hear that didn't turn out so well. ;p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 04:39 RailWizard

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 16:07:
I understand that most people can't cope with the reality that were are ultimately alone in the universe. They need religion the way a drowning man needs a lifejacket. That most of them would either give up and live in complete despair or go mad. Most people live in such shitty circumstances around the world they need the narcotic effect of religion. However, religion is all the major set of chains that has kept mankind enslaved to its own misery. Willing to forgo demanding equality and a better life here and now they trade it in for some mythical eternal paradise later. In other words, they're suckers.

Are their other forms of life in the universe? Obviously? Higher orders of life? Certainly? An all powerful, all knowing, all seeing deity? Doubtful. And even if there were it wouldn't be anymore interested in us than we are with the germs on a countertop. Does something happen when we die? I believe so. Nothing like any of the religions would have you believe, but something. I've always found it amazing that all the atoms in your body are replaced several times over throughout your life yet the essence of you remains. Trip balls.

Right. Either that or you are just afraid of the light. You know nothing and revel in your arrogant blindness.

Like Yoda would say "Size matters not." (inb4 I get reamed for making a star wars reference.) Just because the universe is big doesn't mean it just exists because it's too big not to exist.(ok that was weak.) Why couldn't it be created? "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Here's another one for you. "When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong."

If what you say is based on "Science", then it is the science of stupid.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2012, 01:40 Ledge

hope all is ok blue.

39. Re: Ow! Aug 22, 2012, 00:06 Ant

nin wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 23:39:
OK, we got our update - crisis averted!

???

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

38. Re: Ow! Aug 21, 2012, 23:39 nin

OK, we got our update - crisis averted!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

37. Ow! Aug 21, 2012, 22:42 Ant

Ouch. Poor Blue.

When I was a callow ant/youngling/kid/child, I slipped on the stair and hit the wall to bleed. I have a scar on my forehead.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

36. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 22:38 nin

I hope no evening update (at least so far) isn't related to the toe issue, and if so, that everything is ok...

35. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 21:13 Mordecai Walfish

nin wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 20:32:
Yeah, they made it in only 6 days - amazing!

Amazing turn-out for an amazing man!

Also: Get well soon Blue =) Thanks for keeping things civil around here

Cheesedick wrote:
Wow the day you ban me for having a different view than others is the day you first broke a bone? What about that?
Funny how your god works (for you.) Quite the defender you've made for yourself to reinforce your ignorant self-righteous actions and your ignorant self-righteous wishes. Such a selfish, bigoted cretin... Begone.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 21:00 Prez

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 20:31:
Haven't seen the link but apparently - as someone I know told me - the funding for the Nikolai Tesla museum is a success! They made their goal! If anyone can find the info send it into Blue!

Well I found this story

LArac wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 18:46:
Sorry to hear about the fall, toe thing.

Good luck.

BTW getting Political ads for a candidate I despise on your site just FYI.

Lee

Not too fond of them myself but Blue's gotta eat too so meh. I'll just ignore them.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

33. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 20:32 nin

Yeah, they made it in only 6 days - amazing!

32. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 20:31 Cutter

Haven't seen the link but apparently - as someone I know told me - the funding for the Nikolai Tesla museum is a success! They made their goal! If anyone can find the info send it into Blue!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

31. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 19:20 Lit_Reflex001

Hey Blue! I hope you get that X-ray. I know toes don't have the functionality of a finger, but believe me when I say you want those things taken care of.

Compare your toe to the others and try to compensate for any swelling and see if there's any difference in appearance.

If there is, you'll want that thing cracked back into place (doesn't hurt: they inject novocaine or something into you).

Besides, having a gimpy toe might be uncomfortable.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 18:53 xXBatmanXx

HUGE serious sam bundle for 19.99.
ALl Steam codes.

Link thanks to GamerDeals

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

29. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 18:51 nin

LArac wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 18:46:

Good luck.

Lee

I noticed a gold farming ad the other day on my phone while viewing the site, and was surprised...

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 18:46 LArac

Good luck.

Lee

27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 18:13 Prez

I love the video with the dog and his ball. I was surprised to read that was a Boston Terrier, but then again it's one of the breeds I'm not familiar with. I'd like to get one in the future, but seeing as how I am full up at home with all of the dogs I rescue from the streets of Memphis, I may never get one unless I find one starving and abandoned on the streets.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 17:36 jdreyer

Hey Blue. When my daughter was 2 she was doing ballet in the living room and fell over. She cried for 3 hours, and we had no idea what was wrong, b/c the fall onto padded carpet wasn't that bad. Several days later she got a bump the size of a large marble on her collar bone, so we took her in. Turns out she broke her collarbone. Since it had already been a few days, and was already healing, the Dr. said, do nothing. It healed up fine.

Ice, ibuprophen, and elevate your foot above your head.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 16:41 space captain

nice discussion you all have there

its cute..

not quite adorable.. but cute

Go forth, and kill!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 16:15 MxxCon

Blue, post pictures!
I want to see all the gory details. Better yet, a video.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 16:07 Cutter

I understand that most people can't cope with the reality that were are ultimately alone in the universe. They need religion the way a drowning man needs a lifejacket. That most of them would either give up and live in complete despair or go mad. Most people live in such shitty circumstances around the world they need the narcotic effect of religion. However, religion is all the major set of chains that has kept mankind enslaved to its own misery. Willing to forgo demanding equality and a better life here and now they trade it in for some mythical eternal paradise later. In other words, they're suckers.

Are their other forms of life in the universe? Obviously? Higher orders of life? Certainly? An all powerful, all knowing, all seeing deity? Doubtful. And even if there were it wouldn't be anymore interested in us than we are with the germs on a countertop. Does something happen when we die? I believe so. Nothing like any of the religions would have you believe, but something. I've always found it amazing that all the atoms in your body are replaced several times over throughout your life yet the essence of you remains. Trip balls.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo