Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dungeons & Dragons Online Patched

A new patch is now live in Dungeons & Dragons Online, bringing update 15 to Turbine's free-to-play MMORPG. The Release Notes have all the details, including word on a new adventure pack: "Trace the origins of a corrupting plague back to the dark and twisted depths of King's Forest. Seek out the powerful druid Halsaime for answers but tread carefully, for you are not the only one searching for him. Contains 4 hand-crafted adventures for characters Level: 17 (Heroic)/23 (Epic). Head for the east bridge in Eveningstar to begin your adventure!"

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Patched Aug 21, 2012, 10:09 Zarkonis

deqer wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 22:20:
Yup. Spend your time on this F2P game, and be deceived until the very end when you reach max level and then begin to realize that you need to buy items to enjoy the game.

Ahhhhhh, yes, you gotta love them companies and their F2P games...
I haven't spent a dime on this game in three years, so I have zero idea what the hell you're crying about. Here, have a tissue.

Slow and steady might not win the race at first, until you shoot everyone ahead of you.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Patched Aug 21, 2012, 07:40 KS

Level 23? I take it greensteel stuff is shit now?

Never even got my weaps to tier 3, much less armor, much less unlocked multiple greensteel armor slots so I could wear more than one piece at a time without getting a bad case of the runs.

8. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Patched Aug 21, 2012, 07:12 Julio

I played this for years, but gave up about a year and a half ago. Its a great game for a while, but eventually like anything you run out of fun things to do. Content was too slow to arrive, I'm surprised its still up and running.  

7. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Patched Aug 21, 2012, 05:39 Nighthawk

I tried both D&D online and Lord of the Rings online (both by turbine) and I find LOTRO is more polished, I prefer it more.
Then just to give others a shot, EQ2 F2P, which was very poor as a F2P game (2 bank slots? really?).
D&D wasn't bad, just didn't pop IMO.

6. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Patched Aug 21, 2012, 03:42 El Pit

Yup. Spend your time on this F2P game, and be deceived until the very end when you reach max level and then begin to realize that you need to buy items to enjoy the game.

So, how is life under the bridge?

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

5. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Patched Aug 21, 2012, 00:34 Jivaro

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 23:04:
LOL.... play for free until max level and then realize you have to buy items.... STOP, you just played 90% of the game for free. FtP is not 100% free to play, only a Free Game may be free. What do you expect, them to run servers and all that for nothing, really? What makes you feel worthy of that?

This is still one of the best group RPG's out there. Also to call this a patch is a bit off, it's Content Update 15. 5 more quests, changes and fixes.

This. Turbine has done a great job with this game and it's F2P system. It's limiting in some ways, but in my opinion it is fair, and there are many ways to unlock content through playing without ever having to pay money.

This link gives a pretty fair breakdown of the structure: Dungeons & Dragons table top player talks about his DDO experience.

4. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Patched Aug 20, 2012, 23:04 HorrorScope

LOL.... play for free until max level and then realize you have to buy items.... STOP, you just played 90% of the game for free. FtP is not 100% free to play, only a Free Game may be free. What do you expect, them to run servers and all that for nothing, really? What makes you feel worthy of that?

This is still one of the best group RPG's out there. Also to call this a patch is a bit off, it's Content Update 15. 5 more quests, changes and fixes.

3. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Patched Aug 20, 2012, 22:20 deqer

2. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Patched Aug 20, 2012, 21:02 Wallshadows

It's gonna be a hoot! I just hope I can get on quick enough to snipe a few names.  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

1. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Patched Aug 20, 2012, 20:48 Cutter

I definitely need to check out this new expansion at some point but with GW2 launching this week there's no chance of that for a long while! Woot!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo