Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2

Steam news announces that The Expendables 2 Videogame is now available, offering a gaming tie-in with the new action movie sequel. Here's word on the game's co-op action:

Four Expendables (Barney, Gunner, Caesar and Yin Yang) are hired to rescue an extremely valuable, kidnapped Chinese billionaire. Itís all business, until all hell breaks loose and the explosive mix of testosterone and kerosene detonates in a massive fireball that never lets up as the relentless action concludes where the new movie begins.

The Expendables 2 Videogame is a way for fans to experience all of their favorite explosive moments, as their favorite stars, in Four-Player Co-op action.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 22:29 Dev

wtf_man wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 22:00:
Rock Paper Shotgun review starts out good:
And you didn't link it?
link

ACtually, I suggest reading the comments, they are almost as good as the article in the imaginative list of games renamed

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 22:00 wtf_man

Rock Paper Shotgun review starts out good:

Hereís what I was expecting the Expendables 2 game to be: A third-person action. And shit. But sometimes things can surprise you. The Expendables 2 game is in fact a four-player co-op top-down shooter. And shit.

This is a special kind of shit, though. This isnít just your typical dodgy old film tie-in thatís derivative and disposable. This is premium shit, from only the fartiest bottoms. Itís a mess of the most impressive order. From achingly repetitive and unresponsive shooting, to menus that look like they were put together for a 2005 YouTube video with Windows Movie Maker, it reeks of rushed uninterest. And shit.

/ROFL

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 18:14 Prez

Just realized I wrote "Is is..". Obviously it was supposed to read "IS it..."  

ďThe greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.Ē
- Mahatma Gandhi

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 17:01 space captain

Prez wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 03:11:
Is is a prejudice against dead Chinamen,

probably more about the kind of red-blooded shit-kickin meat-eatin foreigner-beatin "real" american shit... for example, chuck drove seriously bitchin vans back in the 70s

Go forth, and kill!

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 15:08 ASeven

http://youtu.be/0DNregPJ9rA  

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 12:18 NKD

Verno wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 09:00:
The first movie was a fun nostalgia romp but the second movie is like a long running meme, it overstays its welcome and seems way too self-aware.

I thought the second movie was better. A little less focus on big explosions and more of the visceral close in action. Though I suppose that's a matter of preference.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 11:22 Quicksilver

PHJF wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 00:14:

I've been hearing this stuff about Chuck Norris for many years now, and I just don't get where it originated. He got his ass kicked by Bruce Lee for God's sake - why isn't Lee talked about with such awe? Is is a prejudice against dead Chinamen, or a natural favoritism for hairy-chested Nordic Track-users?

They started as an SNL skit about a man named Bill Brasky. I don't know how it migrated to Chuck Norris.

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 10:39 TheVocalMinority

Guess you'll be picking it up sometime around when Chuck ends the universe...

The Big Bang Theory has it all wrong. The universe was created in a massive explosion of matter and energy when Chuck Norris performed a roundhouse kick. When the universe stops expanding and contracts in on itself, Chuck Norris will be at the center, ready to roundhouse it into existence again.

I've been hearing this stuff about Chuck Norris for many years now, and I just don't get where it originated. He got his ass kicked by Bruce Lee for God's sake - why isn't Lee talked about with such awe? Is is a prejudice against dead Chinamen, or a natural favoritism for hairy-chested Nordic Track-users?

WOOOOOOSH!

Assley Putz
"Was vocalminority assley putzs most recent handle?"
-nin May 16, 2012, 10:52

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 09:00 Verno

The first movie was a fun nostalgia romp but the second movie is like a long running meme, it overstays its welcome and seems way too self-aware.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 08:48 nin

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 00:52:
The movie was decent, better than the first. I was just extremely let down by the Stallone vs Van Damme fight at the end, it was very anticlimatic when it should have been epic, they did a terrible job with it by using little to no imagination.

What did you think of the picture quality? It seemed liked every 3-4th shot was this mpeg compression mess...I've looked online and seen other comment on it, too. Had it been every shot, I would have blamed the theater, but other shots looked fine...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 08:34 Lokust

Acleacius wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 00:29:
Lokust wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 21:39:
I'll buy it if I can kill Chuck Norris.
Tempting, it's hard to believe they let that blathering idiot into the movie.

Yeah, I went through a Chuck Norris joke phase like everyone else, and then I realized what an insufferable asshole the guy really is.

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 06:27 ASeven

Dev wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 23:02:
ASeven wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 21:09:
Terrible terrible terrible game. Do not buy.
Have you tried it?

On a friend's console, he made the mistake of getting the game. I played a bit and it was one of the most horrible games I've ever played.

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 03:11 Prez

The Big Bang Theory has it all wrong. The universe was created in a massive explosion of matter and energy when Chuck Norris performed a roundhouse kick. When the universe stops expanding and contracts in on itself, Chuck Norris will be at the center, ready to roundhouse it into existence again.

ďThe greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.Ē
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 00:52 JohnBirshire

The movie was decent, better than the first. I was just extremely let down by the Stallone vs Van Damme fight at the end, it was very anticlimatic when it should have been epic, they did a terrible job with it by using little to no imagination.  

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 00:32 jdwohlever

I tried it, (demo) and to put it plainly, it's aweful. In fact, it's one of the worst games I've played in the last 30+ years. It is the most on-rails, skill less shoot em-up Ive ever seen.
For giggles I tried one mission where I never fired a shot and beat the level because my AI partners did all the work, and the AI are as dumb as rocks.
Not only is the AI horrid, but aiming is worse than Resident Evil 5's tank aiming. Half the time you cant tell where you are aiming, and as you can only aim in 15 degree segments which someone how are always pointed at an enemy.
Add the same stupid one liners getting repeated 50 times a mission, the fact that none of your guys die. They get super healed by one of your AI guys, and while they are being healed, no shoots at the healer.

It is a pointless, lame attempt to make a few bucks off a movie franchise.

I wouldn't take/buy the full version if someone GAVE ME to the code for free.

That's how bad it is.

Xbox Live Ambassador (RET)
Founder of PERS0NA, a non-profit scientific paranormal investigation society
"American by Birth, Gamer by the Grace of God"

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 00:29 Acleacius

Tempting, it's hard to believe they let that blathering idiot into the movie.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 00:23 JohnBirshire

netnerd85 wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 22:10:
I'll wait for the GOTY edition...

Haha, no joke, all these games that weren't even close to being GOTY coming out with GOTY editions. Cough, Borderlands, cough.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 21, 2012, 00:14 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 20, 2012, 23:16 Slashman

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Expendables 2 Aug 20, 2012, 23:02 Dev

ASeven wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 21:09:
Terrible terrible terrible game. Do not buy.
Have you tried it?

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo