Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed

The Diablo III Website announces a new Paragon system for Diablo III which will add new endgame content to Diablo III when the version 1.04 patch goes live for the action/RPG sequel, which is currently expected by the end of this month. This will add 100 paragon levels to player development with new stat and magic find rewards. There's also this forum post outlining how the auction house will be changed in the new version. Here's the outline of how the new Paragon system will work:

• After you hit level 60, any further experience you earn from killing monsters will begin to count toward Paragon levels
  • There are 100 Paragon levels
  • Every Paragon level will reward you with:
    • Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you’d gain from a normal level
    • 3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find
  • In addition, a distinctive increasingly-impressive border will surround your character portrait in the in-game party frame to denote your Paragon progression, with a new frame earned after every ten levels. Your Paragon level will also be visible to other players wherever your normal level is shown

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

49. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 21, 2012, 11:03 RailWizard

Verno wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 09:34:
RailWizard, leave the xbox forums where they lie please.

uhhh totally forgot what I said there. lol

Apparently it was 'bad'.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 21, 2012, 10:45 TheEmissary

InBlack wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 04:15:
As an old school D2 player, these are EXACTLY the changes I was waiting for and I have to say Im pleasantly surprised that they added level progression back into the game as it was easily the most important game mechanic of the previous games. I was thinking that they were going to implement some braindead WOW mechanic such as bind on equip or some horribly retarded shit like that but hats off to the devs for listening to their hardcore playerbase.

What with the immense clusterfuck that the game was at launch and with the clueless tweaking that was 1.03 I was quite convinced that this game is going to be dead in the water pretty soon.

All of those who are complaining about this patch are clueless about what exactly drives a good ARPG, or are getting molested by Lacuni Hunters in Act2 Inferno...

In the words of the retard Athene: Try harder, jellyhaters!

This is a lukewarm half thought out solution to solve design problems with the game. The problem is the game gets incredibly boring the 3rd or 4th time you run through it. If the point of the game is to hit 60 or (60 + 100) then they really should found ways to keep it interesting.

I have no problems with ARPG gameplay I object to having to be forced to play the campaign over and over ad nauseum. I would be happy with a random dungeon generator creating custom environments. I would also enjoy if they implemented the promised PvP. As the game stands right now it doesn't feel like a game it feels like another job.

47. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 21, 2012, 09:34 Verno

RailWizard, leave the xbox forums where they lie please.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

46. removed Aug 21, 2012, 09:26 RailWizard

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 21, 2012, 09:37.

45. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 21, 2012, 07:55 Luke

InBlack wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 04:15:
As an old school D2 player, these are EXACTLY the changes I was waiting for and I have to say Im pleasantly surprised that they added level progression back into the game as it was easily the most important game mechanic of the previous games. I was thinking that they were going to implement some braindead WOW mechanic such as bind on equip or some horribly retarded shit like that but hats off to the devs for listening to their hardcore playerbase.

What with the immense clusterfuck that the game was at launch and with the clueless tweaking that was 1.03 I was quite convinced that this game is going to be dead in the water pretty soon.

All of those who are complaining about this patch are clueless about what exactly drives a good ARPG, or are getting molested by Lacuni Hunters in Act2 Inferno...

Well some can be bought for a penny other not Sigh

44. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 21, 2012, 05:25 J

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 16:34:
nin wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 16:23:
How many boars is that?

About 190,080,000 Docile Island Boars or 76,309,489 Rockhide Boars, give or take a Piglet.
Signature material, right there

43. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 21, 2012, 04:15 InBlack

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2012, 05:02.

I have a nifty blue line!

42. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 21, 2012, 01:18 Flatline

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 19:42:
Did I miss something? People whined that they couldn't level to 99, you are now leveling to 60, then can level to basically 99 via paragon levels. Isn't that pretty much what people were asking for...

It's a lazy solution. Basically it's a static, set ladder of stat buffs that still in the end probably do nothing for you compared to level-appropriate equipment.

It's just another progress bar that goes up exponentially slower than your already maxed out progress bar went.

41. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 21, 2012, 01:16 Flatline

Jdrez wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 17:53:
Why do all you entitled little s**ts think you're owed an end game? It's a single player game, the END GAME is when the game freaking ends after you kill Diablo.

Quit whining and move on with your life, or go play WoW if you expected D3 to be a sequel to that.

christ

Endgame?

I'm still waiting for a real fucking game. After 1.5 playthroughs it just barely started getting challenging, but in a cheap, uninteresting way.

40. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 21:45 Dades

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 19:42:
Did I miss something? People whined that they couldn't level to 99, you are now leveling to 60, then can level to basically 99 via paragon levels. Isn't that pretty much what people were asking for...

The lack of a traditional MMO style end game wasn't even in most peoples top ten complaint list.

39. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 21:40 SM0k3

only thing I'm impressed with is the Auction House changes, the very limiting search engine really bugged me and the changes really make it actually useful now.

There are a lot of "should of's-could of's" I have for blizzard that would have made the game more enjoyable but it seems the more people that voice these opinions the more in the total opposite direction they go. Maybe they getting right next time....

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 21:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 20:29:
People where asking for actual content, not pseudo not-random-at-all levels and quest locations always in the same fracking place.
That I can by-far agree with, a random map generator would really seriously help out.

Should have stuck with a more traditional leveling system too IMO. I.e. -- user attributed points as you level so every character could be truly unique. I guess the paragon system was suppose to band-aid this....

38. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 21:26 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 20:29:
People where asking for actual content, not pseudo not-random-at-all levels and quest locations always in the same fracking place.
That I can by-far agree with, a random map generator would really seriously help out.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

37. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 20:29 eRe4s3r

36. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 19:53 TheEmissary

Creston wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 16:03:
So the new endgame is... grind 100 more levels?

Creston

Mark me as not impressed by this also. I have been getting increasingly bored and frustrated trying to level to 60 as it is and now they want us to grind more using the same content. They really need to add a mode that creates completely random encounters or dungeons or maybe have a few mini-campaigns. The game really needs something to keep your interest after beating the game for the millionth time.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2012, 19:59.

35. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 19:42 Mashiki Amiketo

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

34. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 19:26 JohnnyRotten

nin wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 16:23:
Ref the exp chart on diablofans.com, that's 10,454,400,000 exp from level 1 to 100.:
- 8,167,500 Inferno Dust Imps.
- 6,534,000 Inferno Hulking Phase Beasts.

How many boars is that?

33. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 19:26 Rampage

Jay Wilson and the rest of this generation of Blizzard developers are totally clueless about why people are still playing Diablo II and less and less want to play Diablo III.

I played D2 for six years and still have it installed on my computer after having to purchase the game at least twice when I lost my key and had to re-install. I played D3 for a couple hours on my son's account and Beta. Never bought it and never will. Neither of my sons play the game anymore. They only lasted about a month.

Diablo is dead! Nothing to see here. Move along!

32. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 19:03 Acleacius

Damn, has the design team started doing crack? Soon the only people playing will be the ones being paid to play, goldfarmers.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

31. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 18:56 Luke

Jdrez wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 17:53:
Why do all you entitled little s**ts think you're owed an end game? It's a single player game, the END GAME is when the game freaking ends after you kill Diablo.

Quit whining and move on with your life, or go play WoW if you expected D3 to be a sequel to that.

christ

Oooooh

30. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 18:48 Creston

briktal wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 16:36:
Creston wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 16:03:
So the new endgame is... grind 100 more levels?

Creston

Isn't this what many people were asking for?

It was? I have no idea. I just found it odd that 100 more levels apparently fix all the issues with the game, in Blizzard's eyes.

Creston

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo