Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots

The Rockstar Games Facebook Page now features three screenshots from Grand Theft Auto V, the next installment in their open-world action series. Featured are the latest model of the Cheetah, an F16-looking fighter jet, and a Venice beach-looking backdrop for some spandex-clad man-ass. Thanks nin.

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

50. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 10:33 Ant

Rigs wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 05:54:
*whisper* psss...Ant...post #39...

=-Rigs-=
Ah thanks. I was up too late and lazy.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

49. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 21, 2012, 09:27 RailWizard

cronik wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 08:12:
If you're not already on failbook, you better get on it or the Government is going to put you on the watch list!

I laughed so fucking hard at that article. They should watch me. They might actually learn something.

48. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 21, 2012, 08:12 cronik

If you're not already on failbook, you better get on it or the Government is going to put you on the watch list!  

47. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 05:54 Rigs

*whisper* psss...Ant...post #39...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

46. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 21, 2012, 05:06 Ant

"This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

Any mirrors?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

45. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2012, 04:50 Rigs

Anyone notice the pilot of the F-'17' (I'm going for the middle ground here) is not exactly wearing the usual uniform? Now if I were to speculate (and I am), the guy looks suspiciously like the dude in the business suit in the later part of the trailer looking out on Los Santos/San Andreas. I'm gonna assume that's your character in the game. A little while back, around the release of the trailer someone brought up the idea of all three recent GTA characters being available to play (the last one, Niko, the dude from San Andreas and the guy from Vice City).

I'm seriously hoping that GTA5 comes out quickly for the PC and not have to wait for half a year again. I don't know where all the hate comes from for GTA4, though. I really liked it, from the character, Niko, to his cousin, Roman, to the story, the city and the music. Hell, even the Serbian music was pretty good after a while. Roman, especially in the beginning, always has me laughing my ass off. I thought the whole thing was really good. But I also like LA Noir, also, so maybe I'm not in the majority...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

44. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 21, 2012, 00:57 NegaDeath

PHJF wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 00:11:
The texture pack for Sleeping Dogs is 3GB, bringing the game's total footprint to 10GB. I don't have a fucking clue what they did with Max Payne 3 to hit 30GB considering a) it's short b) it's extremely linear.

Did they include multiple language tracks? Force unleashed did something similar and it's a ridiculous 30 Gigs to download.

43. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 21, 2012, 00:11 PHJF

It might have been a better idea to create an optional high-res texture pack like United Front just did with Sleeping Dogs, but if gamers keep giving them shit for having a 35GB game, future developers will be discouraged from putting some proper solid texture quality in their games. So let's not do that.

The texture pack for Sleeping Dogs is 3GB, bringing the game's total footprint to 10GB. I don't have a fucking clue what they did with Max Payne 3 to hit 30GB considering a) it's short b) it's extremely linear.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

42. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 23:22 finga

PHJF wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 22:40:
If they made a GTA in the Max Payne 3 engine it would literally be a 150GB game.
They already did. It was called Grand Theft Auto IV.

Confused? Max Payne 3 used the Rage engine, which GTAIV also used. (Rage, by the way, is not to be confused with id Software's Rage or id Tech 5 in any way. And I believe Rockstar named that engine before id's game was announced.)

As far as why the game is so huge, they just rendered every single texture in multiple resolutions, which nets the best results while still being compatible with older machines. It might have been a better idea to create an optional high-res texture pack like United Front just did with Sleeping Dogs, but if gamers keep giving them shit for having a 35GB game, future developers will be discouraged from putting some proper solid texture quality in their games. So let's not do that.

41. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 22:40 PHJF

If they made a GTA in the Max Payne 3 engine it would literally be a 150GB game.  

40. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 22:19 SectorEffector

Creston wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 16:02:
PHJF wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 15:28:
Wasn't the first thing we saw from GTA4 an awesome trailer? This... not so awesome.

There already was a GTA5 trailer. It looked pretty sweet.

Creston

it does, and Max Payne 3 uses the same engine and so far it's really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

39. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 20:55 Mordecai Walfish

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 19:56:
Cant see the pictures, dont have FB. oh well.

No need:

38. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 19:56 xXBatmanXx

Cant see the pictures, dont have FB. oh well.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

37. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 18:58 NegaDeath

Fantaz wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 17:29:
Looking good... hopefully the PC port is done proper.

Judging by the shoddy ports of GTA4 & LA Noire and the complete absence of RDR I wouldn't hold my breath, Rockstars support for the PC is pretty lackluster. But I guess they could change.

36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 18:04 Eirikrautha

Suckage wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 10:32:
That looks like a cross between different jets. Are military designs trademarked too?

Yep. It used to be that most defense contractors were pretty lax about their designs, but over the past few years they have become exceptionally protective. A number of plastic model companies have been sued over even WWII vintage designs. Even though the US government buys F-22s, the actual "look" and design is patented (and copyrighted and trademarked) by Lockheed Martin... etc.

35. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 17:36 Cutter

PHJF wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 16:54:
WTF? Where was I when that trailer came out???

Most likely in a cave on Mars, blindfolded and wearing ear plugs, because it would have been hard to miss otherwise.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 17:36 CrimsonPaw

PHJF wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 16:54:
I think you were learning Kung-Fu, it came out like last November: http://youtu.be/QkkoHAzjnUs

~~Crim~~

33. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 17:29 Fantaz

Looking good... hopefully the PC port is done proper.  

32. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 16:54 PHJF

31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 16:11 Beelzebud

wtf_man wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 10:31:
InBlack wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 10:27:
Unless I hear that its better than Vice City AND is released on the PC Im not really interested.

Has Rockstar ever released simultaneously on the PC?

I think all the GTA's have been console first.

The franchise got its start on PC. Grand Theft Auto 1 and 2 were both PC titles first.

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo