Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - Borderlands 2

Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford tweets that Borderlands 2 is gold, following last month's word that the game was complete and on track for its release next month: "Borderlands 2 is now GOLD (360, PS3 EU, PS3 NA, Win PC)! PSN, PS3 JP + others imminent. Official statement to come when all ballots are in." VG247 notes that there is a pretty funny ESRB description for the role-playing shooter sequel:

his is a first-person shooter in which players join rebel forces to take down an oppressive corporation on the fictional planet of Pandora. As players explore open-world environments, they complete missions to gain experience and increase their characters' skills/abilities. Players use machine guns, sniper rifles, flamethrowers, explosives, and weaponized vehicles to kill human-like characters and hostile aliens in frequent combat. Firefights contain realistic gunfire/explosions; injured enemies scream and emit exaggerated splashes of blood. Various weapons result in dismembered limbs or bloody gibs. Some missions depict intense acts of violence: viewing characters getting electrocuted; shooting a man in the face; killing players' incinerating a cult member as part of a ritual sacrifice. The dialogue contains jokes/one-liners that reference sexual material (e.g., “I will hang myself from my own tombstone if in you I can't put my bone,” “If there's anything they love more than getting to second base with their sisters, it's cars,” “Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest.”); during some sequences, players can find and collect adult-themed magazines—though no actual nudity is depicted. One mission requires players to consume three alcoholic beverages from a bar before they can progress. The words “sh*t,” “p*ssies,” and “a*shole” can be heard in the dialogue, in addition to language censored by audible bleeps (e.g., “God-[bleep]-ing-dammit”).

View
90 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

50. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 23:01 Lorcin

nin wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:52:

All I could find was a minivan...really slow acceleration, so I had to really get a running start at them.

Thats cool - as long as you waited until late march and crashed into them after hitting a kerb too fast forcing the van into a uncontrollable roll. Mini(van) Spring Roll still works for murdering people.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

49. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 22:57 NicklePop

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:35:
NicklePop wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 17:36:
Hellbinder wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 16:24:
After watching the hunger games last night... reading game description after game description like this one... its just depressing

People do nothing anymore but sit around and fill their heads and feed their emotions with as much pointless violence, bloodshed and mistreatment of others as they can fit into a 24 hour period. Oh lets not forget sex, sex, sex..

None of this can lead to anything good for the human race.

Are we related?

LOL

Society is fubar; the minds of men are filled with emptiness. I agree completely.

Thanks, just added you to ignore. Seriously, I wish you guys would stop quoting and giving Hellbender and AS credibility by responding to them.

So you're going to waste more time clicking on my username to reveal what I wrote?

You know you will! Is your mind that weak?

48. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 22:55 Lorcin

Off topic but tbh it's not like it takes the world's greatest detective to point out:

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:35:
In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

You should change your name to xXCaptainFingObviousXx

If the world weren't fucked we'd be out doing shit instead of being keyboard warriors because we're too damn scared to face off against the machine we all hate.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2012, 23:03.

47. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 22:52 nin

Lorcin wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:49:
nin wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:34:

I just ran over 4 people in Sleeping Dogs...and I'm pretty sure they had it coming. Well...at least 3 of them.

I hope you did it properly. The correct drunken late night response would be to run them over in a bus...whilst saying "look out here come the number 26. People Pavement Chow Mein".

All I could find was a minivan...really slow acceleration, so I had to really get a running start at them.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

46. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 22:52 NicklePop

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 21:40:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 21:37:
NicklePop wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 21:26:
The opinion you express here is the REAL issue. Nobody cares anymore.
You do realize this is a video game website right?

That's unpossible! Because, like, earlier in the thread, this game is a clear and strident warning about the downfall of man or whatever. It's, like, important!

To which I have to ask at what point (I'm guessing when you're playing pee-swords with another 40 yr old man) do you ask yourself, why? Why do we need to focus on being less intelligent?

Bah, I don't even really care; but Pitchford is clearly a backwater jackboot focusing on degradation of the mind as he does.

45. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 22:49 NicklePop

Prez wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 21:52:
Sorry, the only degradation of the human mind happening here are those whom believe that a video game can affect everyone in an equal, negative, manner to the point that they all become blithering idiots.

Thank you for stating what OUGHT to be a self-evident concept but apparently isn't to some people. What could possibly possess someone to lecture people on a videogames website about the evils of videogames? Utterly mind-boggling.

For your next trick are you going to preach gun control on the NRA website?

Fair enough. But at what point do we say 'this is dumb, and counter-productive'?

Should thinking be invalidated because this is a 'video game website'?

Note that I'm only talking about Pitchford and the moronic paragraph appearing with this article.

44. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 22:49 Lorcin

nin wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:34:

I just ran over 4 people in Sleeping Dogs...and I'm pretty sure they had it coming. Well...at least 3 of them.

I hope you did it properly. The correct drunken late night response would be to run them over in a bus...whilst saying "look out here come the number 26. People Pavement Chow Mein".

43. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 22:35 xXBatmanXx

NicklePop wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 17:36:
After watching the hunger games last night... reading game description after game description like this one... its just depressing

People do nothing anymore but sit around and fill their heads and feed their emotions with as much pointless violence, bloodshed and mistreatment of others as they can fit into a 24 hour period. Oh lets not forget sex, sex, sex..

Are we related?

LOL

Society is fubar; the minds of men are filled with emptiness. I agree completely.

Thanks, just added you to ignore. Seriously, I wish you guys would stop quoting and giving Hellbender and AS credibility by responding to them.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

42. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 22:34 nin

when it's late night and I'm drunk I wanna let off steam and murder midgets!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

41. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 22:22 Prez

Lorcin wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:21:
BLAH BLAH BLAH

FUCK IT, I wanna shoot mutants in the face! I loved Borderlands purely because it was silly, fun and partly brutal. I don't play call of duty or modern warfare simply because I like to have fun with games and, for me, Borderlands crapped all over Rage and Fallout for the fun factor.

Any game where you can be assaulted by a midget with a shotgun who shots himself 6 foot backwards when he fires gets my vote!

Totally agree! Especially about the shotgun midget - too funny!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

40. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 22:21 Lorcin

BLAH BLAH BLAH

FUCK IT, I wanna shoot mutants in the face! I loved Borderlands purely because it was silly, fun and partly brutal. I don't play call of duty or modern warfare simply because I like to have fun with games and, for me, Borderlands crapped all over Rage and Fallout for the fun factor.

Any game where you can be assaulted by a midget with a shotgun who shots himself 6 foot backwards when he fires gets my vote!

I have to be politically correct every time I leave the house - when it's late night and I'm drunk I wanna let off steam and murder midgets!

39. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 21:52 Prez

Sorry, the only degradation of the human mind happening here are those whom believe that a video game can affect everyone in an equal, negative, manner to the point that they all become blithering idiots.

Thank you for stating what OUGHT to be a self-evident concept but apparently isn't to some people. What could possibly possess someone to lecture people on a videogames website about the evils of videogames? Utterly mind-boggling.

For your next trick are you going to preach gun control on the NRA website?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

38. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 21:51 DarkCntry

NicklePop wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 21:28:
No, a mental separation where you either refuse to take part, or actively argue against the degradation of the human mind.

Look, I can think for myself and partake in self-reasoning, which allows me to differentiate between a fictional world of a game and the real world that I live in.

Are you of the same mold that believes books are evil too? After-all they can get as graphic, if not more-so, than any visual medium.

37. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 21:44 Dr. D. Schreber

Can't we go back to gay-bashing like in that last thread? I feel left out now that the Alex Jones wannabees have lowered themselves to just complaining about violent media.  

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

36. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 21:40 Burrito of Peace

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 21:37:

That's unpossible! Because, like, earlier in the thread, this game is a clear and strident warning about the downfall of man or whatever. It's, like, important!

35. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 21:37 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

34. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 21:33 Mr. Tact

Wait... there is some other aspect to human existence? Sarcasm aside, you do realize people have been holding up "modern society" as evidence of the world spiraling out of control leading to our end for many centuries, right?

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

33. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 21:32 Burrito of Peace

Oh lets not forget sex, sex, sex..

You're right, after a fashion. The not forgetting about "...sex, sex, sex..." led to your conception. Nothing good came from that greasy tryst.

32. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 21:29 NicklePop

One movie I'll mention: Idiocracy (our future)  

31. Re: Gone Gold - Borderlands 2 Aug 19, 2012, 21:28 NicklePop

SectorEffector wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 19:42:
NicklePop wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 17:37:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 17:30:
What your point? The human race is doomed anyway, why should we be drawn down by it? At least party till you're dead and enjoy life for what it is. A giant clusterfruck of pointless work and pointless living.

You are helping flush the toilet then.

At the very least step out of the bowl.

step out of planet earth?

No, a mental separation where you either refuse to take part, or actively argue against the degradation of the human mind.

Pitchford, like I said, belongs on the Borderlands planet. Apparently that is attractive to some.

90 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo