Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's report of the 10 bestselling games on Steam for the week:

1. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  2. Arma II: Combined Operations
  3. Sleeping Dogs
  4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard
  5. Borderlands 2
  6. Darksiders II
  7. Dead Space Pack
  8. Orcs Must Die! 2
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  10. Civilization V: Gods & Kings

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2012, 08:43 J

nin wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 08:41:
I've just been reading deqer's recent posts.

I'm so very sorry...

It's okay. I've learnt how to use short-term memory. It's like a little sandbox. It's one of the perks I picked as I levelled up with troll experience

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2012, 08:41 nin

I've just been reading deqer's recent posts.

I'm so very sorry...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2012, 05:20 J

Sepharo wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 00:12:
I've been asking for a new one and I'm satisfied. I'll be switching fully as I did with CS:S when it came out.
I've just been reading deqer's recent posts. He seems to be negative about everything. Don't mind him.

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2012, 00:12 Sepharo

I've been asking for a new one and I'm satisfied. I'll be switching fully as I did with CS:S when it came out.  

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2012, 13:08 deqer

Sepharo wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:03:
Perhaps because it's the latest version of the most popular PC FPS?
And did any of us ask for a new one? Nope.

I think people are still having fun on the previous Counterstrike.

We don't need another one.

Not our problem companies need to keep a steady stream of revenue going and aren't selling enough games.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2012, 10:13 Slashman

Verno wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 09:49:
tl;dr - lots of small issues end up chipping away and keep Darksiders 2 from being great (again). Definitely a good sale title to grab if you like third person action games with a Zelda twist though. Hopefully by then they fix the PC issues.

That sucks. My problem is that they downsized the dev team before they even finished development of the game. Patching may not happen anytime soon. I'll keep an eye on the Steam page for patches and I may pick it up in the Christmas sale on Steam.

Prototype 2 seems to have similar issues but I already know that will never get a patch with the studio closed.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2012, 09:49 Verno

Slashman wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 09:34:
From what I read, DS2 has a lot more issues than that. It has less graphics options than the first game and some folks say that the controls are worse with M/KB. Since I played through the first game just fine with M/KB, I'm not too thrilled to hear that.

It has about the same amount of graphical options which isn't saying much. I don't use KB/M with it, I stick to gamepads mainly with that style of game and it's been a bit frustrating as the control scheme is really busy. They made a big mistake in having to hold down a button to lock on to targets instead of making it a toggle. The worst part is that they promised they would include config files and stuff pre-release but didn't do that. Now the devs say whoops we forgot and we're not sure we can patch it in, thanks a lot fellas I always love being lied to. This is especially problematic since the FoV seems even tighter than the first game, you're constantly fighting the camera to see things in combat which leads to the aforementioned control scheme frustration as you grapple to hit 6 things at once. At this rate I'm not even going to finish the game, I feel like I'm getting carpal tunnel after an hour long session with it.

The worst part is that there is a good game hidden under everything but like the first there are just enough flaws to keep it from being great. Horrible pacing problems, some dungeons way too long and tedious while other decent ones are over too quickly. The story is a long running series of fetch quests and so is most of the side content. Combat is fucking fun though until you break it through their in-game loot/crafting system.

tl;dr - lots of small issues end up chipping away and keep Darksiders 2 from being great (again). Definitely a good sale title to grab if you like third person action games with a Zelda twist though. Hopefully by then they fix the PC issues.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2012, 09:34 Slashman

Verno wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 09:13:
A friend of mine got Sleeping Dogs from some dubious key store for $26, I warned him about regional keys but to my surprise it activated just fine through Steam.

I kinda wish I picked that up instead of Darksiders 2. DS2 is alright but it has a lot of the same problems as the first game, the port is incredibly basic and the RPG-lite additions they made don't really suit the game well other than padding it out.

From what I read, DS2 has a lot more issues than that. It has less graphics options than the first game and some folks say that the controls are worse with M/KB. Since I played through the first game just fine with M/KB, I'm not too thrilled to hear that.

I'm trying to figure out if I'll like Sleeping Dogs more than I liked SR3. I really liked the craziness of SR3. Sleeping dogs may seem to too serious now. I mean...will I be able to get a VTOL or use a bee gun? Wacky

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2012, 09:31 J

nin wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 08:58:
After watching gameplay videos on YouTube, I'll probably get Sleeping Dogs when it's on sale. I'm not sure exactly what it is about the game, but it doesn't make me want to go out and get it.

It was like $37 wit coupons over the weekend. Think I paid $40, and it was easily worth that...

Yeah, that's around 25 which is the lowest I've seen it for so far. Damnit, nin, it was you who got me all gaga for Sniper Elite V2! I ended up getting that at full price too

I think my issue with it is that I've played so much GTA that I got bored of that playstyle, and I think playing this would get boring quickly because of the similarities.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2012, 09:13 Verno

A friend of mine got Sleeping Dogs from some dubious key store for $26, I warned him about regional keys but to my surprise it activated just fine through Steam.

I kinda wish I picked that up instead of Darksiders 2. DS2 is alright but it has a lot of the same problems as the first game, the port is incredibly basic and the RPG-lite additions they made don't really suit the game well other than padding it out.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2012, 08:58 nin

After watching gameplay videos on YouTube, I'll probably get Sleeping Dogs when it's on sale. I'm not sure exactly what it is about the game, but it doesn't make me want to go out and get it.

It was like $37 wit coupons over the weekend. Think I paid $40, and it was easily worth that...

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2012, 06:57 J

I was also wondering, the feature where the enemies go red when they are about to hit you, can you turn that off?

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2012, 06:01 RailWizard

I admit I caved and grabbed CS:GO. It was the TF2 AWP that pushed me over the edge even tho I barely play TF2 anymore.

It's merely ok tho. There are very few maps. The player models are either love/hate. (the terrorist headgear on dust is fucking lol)

I had an itch for old school shit, this sorta scratches it. Hopefully more maps are added....

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2012, 01:00 Beelzebud

Just to pile on the guy asking why CSGO is doing so well: It's also a 15.00 game (13.50 pre-order), and it's got as much content as games a lot of companies would charge 60.00 for.

I picked it up because it was so cheap, and was pleasantly surprised. It's a really good CS game.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2012, 00:25 PHJF

When you are on foot this game is top notch - vehicles are not its strong point, at least imo.

Unfortunately true, which is why I tend to stick to my motorcycles. Plus the cars are actually pretty ugly (the worst things in the game, graphically) while Wei looks like a badass on motorcycles.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2012, 22:54 nin

Dades wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:49:
deqer wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:01:
Counterstrike Global Offensive is still #1? lol. Why are people buying this. lol

Yes, why do people buy great video games? Let's solve this mystery.

Other than it spinning up the video card fan a bit more than I'd like (and I'm not sure why), I'm having a lot of fun with that one, too...

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2012, 22:49 Dades

deqer wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:01:
Counterstrike Global Offensive is still #1? lol. Why are people buying this. lol

Yes, why do people buy great video games? Let's solve this mystery.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2012, 22:19 nin

D4rkKnight wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:12:
One more thing about SD - I just tried my PS3 controller and I am impressed at the implementation, every button is mapped perfectly already and I might as well be playing on PS3 with much better graphics.

I use a 360 wireless controller and it works great with it, too. The games not perfect, but it is damn fun.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2012, 22:12 D4rkKnight

One more thing about SD - I just tried my PS3 controller and I am impressed at the implementation, every button is mapped perfectly already and I might as well be playing on PS3 with much better graphics.  

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2012, 22:03 Sepharo

Perhaps because it's the latest version of the most popular PC FPS?  

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo