Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Consolidation

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 20, 2012, 15:42 ASeven

Verno wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 15:21:
bhcompy wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 15:02:
An alpha build is a buggy piece of shit? Wow, color me surprised.

Build labels have largely lost their meaning though, so many companies misuse them with the public. To be honest I'm not sure how much more polish Day Z could reasonably achieve given how iffy ArmA 2 itself can be at times.

There is a very good chance DayZ standalone will use the ArmA3 engine. How polished the ArmA3 engine will be is anyone's guess, especially since it's not a new engine but rather it's a new version of the ArmA2 engine, just far more polished.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 20, 2012, 15:21 Verno

bhcompy wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 15:02:

Build labels have largely lost their meaning though, so many companies misuse them with the public. To be honest I'm not sure how much more polish Day Z could reasonably achieve given how iffy ArmA 2 itself can be at times.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

16. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 20, 2012, 15:02 bhcompy

RailWizard wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 14:36:
Well after complaining on the official forums and being banned....I have to say... STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THIS GAME!

Really, you will be hard pressed to find another more buggy PIECE OF SHIT than Dayz.

Eurotrash like to think they are AAA+++ but reality says otherwise.

15. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 20, 2012, 14:59 Beamer

RailWizard wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 14:36:
Well after complaining on the official forums and being banned....I have to say... STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THIS GAME!

Really, you will be hard pressed to find another more buggy PIECE OF SHIT than Dayz.

Complaining... about the possibility of consoles?

Productive. And I'm sure calling them "eurotrash" only helped the situation.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

14. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 20, 2012, 14:36 RailWizard

13. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 20, 2012, 13:23 Wallshadows

jimnms wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 12:05:
Hopefully they aren't going to use the ArmA2 engine for the retail DayZ game, or at least heavily modify it or use the ArmA3 engine. This game needs more buildings with interiors. The largest cities in ArmA2 have very few building that you can enter, and the movement in ArmA2 works ok for combat in open spaces, it gets really clunky when you get in any of the few buildings with interiors. You really should be able to go inside a house or something and barricade the doors and windows to protect yourself from zombies and other players.

It's funny in Dayz when you first play and think 'Hey, I can just shut the doors behind me and I'll slow them down' and then realize they just crash right through them or pop in from the ground or walls. Heck, even ladders give the impression that you'll be safe until you realize they have some form of rocket propulsion to climb them...

12. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 20, 2012, 12:05 jimnms

Hopefully they aren't going to use the ArmA2 engine for the retail DayZ game, or at least heavily modify it or use the ArmA3 engine. This game needs more buildings with interiors. The largest cities in ArmA2 have very few building that you can enter, and the movement in ArmA2 works ok for combat in open spaces, it gets really clunky when you get in any of the few buildings with interiors. You really should be able to go inside a house or something and barricade the doors and windows to protect yourself from zombies and other players.  

MeanJim on Steam

11. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 20, 2012, 10:11 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:40:

The ADD console crowd would never play this game. It would go like this:

This game is so stupid! I had to walk for about 10 minutes and then run from zombies and then I died. I HAD TO START ALL OVER AGAIN THIS IS THE STUPIDEST GAME EVER!!!! RAWR WHERE IS MY COD!?

Yeah pretty much this. The console crowd could never go for something like DayZ. It's way too rough around the edges and requires a level of tough shit gameplay that most of them have never seen outside of fighting games and brawlers.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

10. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 20, 2012, 09:47 Beamer

bhcompy wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 02:55:
ASeven wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 21:10:
With the rumored 6770 cards and the CPUs I don't think they could handle the ArmA engine at all.

A 6770 works fine with the ARMA2 engine.

The problem is just like STALKER. You have to gut the game to make it a console game because of the gameplay.

You don't have to. Idiot publishers just do.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 20, 2012, 02:55 bhcompy

ASeven wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 21:10:
With the rumored 6770 cards and the CPUs I don't think they could handle the ArmA engine at all.

A 6770 works fine with the ARMA2 engine.

The problem is just like STALKER. You have to gut the game to make it a console game because of the gameplay.

8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 19, 2012, 22:40 xXBatmanXx

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:29:
"DayZ needs quick time events, auto-aim and regenerating health" said no one ever.

The ADD console crowd would never play this game. It would go like this:

This game is so stupid! I had to walk for about 10 minutes and then run from zombies and then I died. I HAD TO START ALL OVER AGAIN THIS IS THE STUPIDEST GAME EVER!!!! RAWR WHERE IS MY COD!?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 19, 2012, 22:29 Wallshadows

"DayZ needs quick time events, auto-aim and regenerating health" said no one ever.  

6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 19, 2012, 21:54 zombiefan

Sure it could be made on a console, but it shouldn't be made on a console. Not the zombie game I want. PC only;I don't want the dumbed down version. That was Dead Island.  

5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 19, 2012, 21:10 ASeven

4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 19, 2012, 19:45 DangerDog

Maybe on next gen consoles?  

3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 19, 2012, 17:48 D4rkKnight

Arma engine on consoles - that's funny.  

2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 19, 2012, 17:13 jacobvandy

<(^_^)>
(>^_^)>
<(^_^<)
<(o_O)>
<($_$)>

Braaaains...

1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 19, 2012, 16:06 RailWizard

How does this fit into his "hardcore" vision? Oh right, it's that other vision...  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo