Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WoW Adding All Race Access

Blizzard announces that all races will be available to all World of Warcraft players as of the upcoming version 5.0.4 patch for the MMORPG. The new version is currently planned for release on Tuesday, and here's word on this change it will bring:

With the release of patch 5.0.4, we’re making all the races of Azeroth playable by anyone, no matter which version or expansion of World of Warcraft they own. This includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25. We want the entire World of Warcraft community to be able to embrace their inner goblin, blood elf, worgen, draenei, or pandaren from the moment they step foot into the world of Azeroth.

Now, the only hard part will be choosing a name. Who will you be next?

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

13. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 15:04 Cutter

All the races of the world, huh? Gee, let's have a big love-in, hold hands, and sing Kumbaya.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 14:29 LanikTnt

AnointedSword wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 12:58:
The evil corperations are at it again.

They're evil for giving stuff away? Where do you people come up with this stuff?

11. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 14:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Fion wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 13:39:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 13:02:
I own shares of Blizz.

Oooh ouch. I feel bad for Blizz stockholders. I mean, how many years now has that stock been virtually at a stand still?
Back in april of this year, it was matching the S&P in terms of growth after the crash of '08, then it looked like people bailed hard after vevendi decided they wanted to start splitting up the company. And it's still in recovery territory. But it's up 2% for the day.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 14:07 SimplyMonk

I own shares of Blizz. I assure you I have never seen a dime from them.

You should of. They've given out dividends at least 3 times since 2010. Most of them over a dime.

9. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 13:47 Mordecai Walfish

"Who will you be next?"

A Guild Wars 2 player. kthx

8. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 13:39 Fion

I own shares of Blizz.

Oooh ouch. I feel bad for Blizz stockholders. I mean, how many years now has that stock been virtually at a stand still?

On topic: What Blizz 'should' be doing is offering all expansions and the base game with Pandaria if they want to attract new players. Right now the barrier for entry at end game is just to high. Yes, they offer a bundled WoW + BC but there's also WotLK for $20 and Cataclysm is still going for $40, and you have another coming out in a month for $40. If they want to attract a new customer base, asking for $120 just to get all the content is rather steep.

Not that Blizz would 'ever' offer say a $60 bundle for all (sans perhaps Pandaria). They are still making far to much selling it all desperately.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2012, 13:44.

7. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 13:39 Kythlyn

Seems like a positive change. I imagine many new players start with just the base game, or the starter edition. Why shouldn't they be able to experience the starting content from the latest expansions?  

6. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 13:36 Luke

The evil corperations

They turned out that way sadly

5. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 13:02 Agent.X7

Luke wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 12:23:
Or score some good numbers for the stockholders/buyers of blizzi....
so lets lure those former wow players back with this...

I own shares of Blizz. I assure you I have never seen a dime from them.

This would be cool if they let anyone play any race on either side. I want a Tauren that defected to the alliance. It's in a bunch of their stories, why can't I do it too?

Ah, who am I kidding. I still wouldn't be playing. I don't have too much free time, and the time that I do have right now is going to go to GW2.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

4. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 12:58 AnointedSword

The evil corperations are at it again. My God, we should all just don't work- ever. Sit around and do nothing...maybe then we can be considered the good guys for not making money. Oo With that said, 10million subs still flowing...It isn't like they need to pay the rent or something.  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

3. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 12:23 Luke

Or score some good numbers for the stockholders/buyers of blizzi....
so lets lure those former wow players back with this...

2. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 11:52 Silicon Avatar

It's probably meant to get really old subscribers to come back - or maybe tempt people who don't play into trying it again.  

1. Re: WoW Adding All Race Access Aug 17, 2012, 11:49 Mr. Tact

? I would have assumed there weren't many people with current subscriptions who didn't have all the expansions -- and hence all the races...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo