Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews

The Diablo III Website now offers previews of what the upcoming version 1.04 patch for Diablo III holds for the remaining classes in the action/RPG sequel: The Monk, the Demon Hunter, and the Witch Doctor. In each case they discuss plans to buff underutilized skills to promote build diversity.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 20, 2012, 09:48 Mr. Tact

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 14:03:
I did order one of their secure dongles that I think are worthless.
Worthless? No. A pain. Somewhat. Unnecessary if Blizzard had better security? Debatable. Worth the $6 (or whatever) if you want to play Blizzard games? Without a doubt.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 18, 2012, 09:36 Julio

SirKnight wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 12:16:
My battle net account was compromised yesterday.

I'm waiting for the Blizzard fan boys to tell you its your fault...and that Blizzard has perfect security.

Sounds like compromised accounts are the norm for Blizzard now, I had zero issue as well when mine was stolen. Blizzard security = crap

13. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 17, 2012, 14:03 xXBatmanXx

SirKnight wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 12:16:
My battle net account was compromised yesterday. I received an email that my username/email for my account was changed to something @162.com I think it was. Turns out to be some chinese site. I was completely locked out of the account but after trying all day, I finally got a hold of someone on the phone at blizzard and they took care of it very quickly and painlessly. I was surprised it wasn't going to turn into a cluster fuck.

Damn hackers need to be thrown to the lions. For real.

Did they just roll you back so you didn't lose everything? That would suck. I change my pw on a regular basis, and I did order one of their secure dongles that I think are worthless.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

12. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 17, 2012, 14:02 SimplyMonk

Creston wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 12:54:
So you have some classes with a few good skills, and a ton of bad ones. And so you BUFF the bad ones? Rather than just nerf the shit out of the good ones?

Who are you and what have you done to Blizzard?!

Also, Bioware, since you wholesale copied Blizzard's method of "balancing" stuff, please take fucking note.

Creston

Reading the Monk notes, one thing stuck out pretty clear to me and it was that Blizzard was stressing how they didn't want to invalidate a player's accumulated gear with balance changes. Coming from a WoW background, hearing that from Blizzard made me just want to laugh and laugh since that has never been true for any of their games in the past...

Oh, the tangled web we weave when we seek to have a RMAH. Now that people are paying hard cash for their gear, Blizzard is afraid to do a change that will cause that gear to become worthless or cause shifts in the market. Future economic studies papers on Diablo 3 are getting more and more interesting all the time.

11. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 17, 2012, 12:54 Creston

So you have some classes with a few good skills, and a ton of bad ones. And so you BUFF the bad ones? Rather than just nerf the shit out of the good ones?

Who are you and what have you done to Blizzard?!

Also, Bioware, since you wholesale copied Blizzard's method of "balancing" stuff, please take fucking note.

Creston

10. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 17, 2012, 12:45 MattyC

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 12:16:
I'm loving those WD changes, having most recently invested in some thorns/regen equipment to really get deep into a pet-centric build (that was supposed to be viable in late Inferno anyway, so now should be really awesome with the buffs). And the base mana regen increase? Holy shit that's huge. Of course people are whining all over the comments because the trade-off in Vision Quest "breaks the 4-cooldown build, boohoo!" Meanwhile, that was the worst fucking mechanic in any ARPG ever, especially combined with the major resource imbalance that previously plagued the class. Who the hell wants to be all but forced to carry 4 throwaway skills in order to keep the mana flowing for your one damage dealer? Good riddance, I say.

Yep. Vision Quest, was a bad idea. "Instead of using my abilities skillfully, I will just mash them whenever they are up even if they are hardly useful at the time!". I also can't help but feel non-VQ WD mana regen was limited just to try and balance VQ bear WDs.

Again they addressed pretty much all of my complaints.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2012, 13:24.

9. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 17, 2012, 12:21 Luke

Dades wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 12:15:
They are trying to fix their broken game but I have to give props because many companies wouldn't even bother.

Up for sale : blizzi
Need better numbers for the stockholders and/buyers

8. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 17, 2012, 12:20 Verno

The DH changes are good, they were a pretty good class already and just needed a bit of diversity in hatred builders. I was a bit disappointed they didn't address DH being so dependent on a few discipline skills though, that really neuters the number of builds you can do. The WD changes are a step in the right direction but I think they needed to revisit pet cooldowns and stuff instead of just scaling alone. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out.

I didn't really care for the Wizard changes, they didn't go far enough there. Monk sounds fine now but no surprise there, Jay's pet class

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

7. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 17, 2012, 12:16 jacobvandy

I'm loving those WD changes, having most recently invested in some thorns/regen equipment to really get deep into a pet-centric build (that was supposed to be viable in late Inferno anyway, so now should be really awesome with the buffs). And the base mana regen increase? Holy shit that's huge. Of course people are whining all over the comments because the trade-off in Vision Quest "breaks the 4-cooldown build, boohoo!" Meanwhile, that was the worst fucking mechanic in any ARPG ever, especially combined with the major resource imbalance that previously plagued the class. Who the hell wants to be all but forced to carry 4 throwaway skills in order to keep the mana flowing for your one damage dealer? Good riddance, I say.  

6. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 17, 2012, 12:16 SirKnight

My battle net account was compromised yesterday. I received an email that my username/email for my account was changed to something @162.com I think it was. Turns out to be some chinese site. I was completely locked out of the account but after trying all day, I finally got a hold of someone on the phone at blizzard and they took care of it very quickly and painlessly. I was surprised it wasn't going to turn into a cluster fuck.

Damn hackers need to be thrown to the lions. For real.

5. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 17, 2012, 12:15 Dades

They are trying to fix their broken game but I have to give props because many companies wouldn't even bother.  

4. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 17, 2012, 12:13 xXBatmanXx

They are supporting their game. kudos.

haters gonna hate.

To bring Rain of Vengeance up to the level it needs to be, we made some pretty notable changes. Not only did we buff the damage, but Rain of Vengeance is one of the skills being converted to a strict X% weapon damage over Y seconds format, as alluded to in the Systems Preview. As a result, the new base skill is quite potent:

Current: 75% weapon damage for 5 seconds

1.0.4: 715% weapon damage over 5 seconds

Holy crap!

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

3. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 17, 2012, 12:10 MattyC

Beelzebud wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 12:02:
I was pretty curious to see the Witch Doctor preview, but now I'm even less interested. It sounds to me like their answer was just give WD's more mana regen, and to nerf zombie bears.

Different things for different people, I guess, but they addressed every issue I have with the class. Now if they can actually fix those issues or not is another matter, but they did speak to pretty much everything.

Not sure why you only got mana regent out of that unless you just flat didn't read most of the post. Also they are nerfing VQ (not direct zombie bears) and that is fine because that was a stupid mechanic to begin with / had a lot to do with what was wrong with the WD.

2. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 17, 2012, 12:02 Beelzebud

I was pretty curious to see the Witch Doctor preview, but now I'm even less interested. It sounds to me like their answer was just give WD's more mana regen, and to nerf zombie bears.  

1. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 17, 2012, 11:57 Axis

In Blizzards case, the masses of D3 news is making it less and less appealing.

These new Blizz devs and PR folks sure know how to get it wrong... Great job fkin up one of the greatest arpg IP's in history.

Yours truly,

Axis

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo